Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-25-2013, 05:27 PM
1st Cav!

Mein Auto: e90
Trading 06 330xi for 06 330i with 100k+ miles

Greetings,

I was going to resurrect my old thread (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...821&highlight=) but thought it may be more appropriate to start a new one.

I've always been a huge fan of the 330 but have been longing to drive a manual ever since I bought it. I've pondered the idea of trading it in for another 330 in manual if the right one came along and I found one I like... the only problem is it has 104k miles on the odometer. I just hit 70k on mine. The car has had two previous owners which isn't bad and has a pretty clean carfax. Here's a link to the car sale. What do you guys think? Is 100k pushing it? If it is decent what should I be looking at for trade in value for my current 330 in 'fair' condition?

http://www.texascarspot.com/inventor...NUAL+Austin+TX

Thanks for all your advice in advanced.

MBS
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2013, 08:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 330i (6MT, ZSP, ZPP)
Only you know what is right for yourself. Don't let the mileage scare you. It's almost a meaningless number. What's more important important is how it has been cared for. The pictures show a very clean car. That suggests good care. See if service records are available. You want to know about the obvious oil and filter changes, spark plugs, brake pads and rotors, but look for evidence of the more subtle things like; manual tranny fluid changes , diff fluid changes, valve cover gasket leak, oil filter housing leak, original water pump and thermostat?.

FWIW, I bought my '06 330i 4.5 yrs ago with 107K miles. I'm at 145K miles now with no major issues. I replaced the water pump and thermostat proactively to avoid a stranding and replaced the valve cover and oil filter housing gaskets recently as they were leaking. Car runs well and looks good.

Good luck, either way you win, you're still driving an e90!
Old 05-26-2013, 04:56 AM
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK

Mein Auto: 2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
At that age/mileage its always a craopshoot. Get a really good PPI from a BMW Indi & have some "just in case money" available. My 2004 330Ci ZHP 6MT was in excellent condition (Carmax & BMW dealer estimate) at 125K. I had never done the cooling fixes but had done plugs, VC Gasket, O2 sensors, all filters, pads & rotors at 115K miles.

Who ever got the car got a nice package but the cooling work & clutch would have to be done at some point. None of this stuff is a big deal for a DIY, except for maybe the clutch if you have no experience, so that would help to keep the risk down.

Finally take someone with you that has no vested interest in the car to whisper in your ear & listen to them. You can't let the "gotta have it" bug get control of your wallet.

CURRENT:
2014 BMW 435M-Sport 8ZF
2013 BMW 135is 6MT convt
2009 Ford Expedition 4X4 EL - 2009 V-Star
2003 Nissan Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ford Ranger 4X4 Splash
FFR Cobra Mk-IV work in progress
PAST:
Very, Very Long List

Last edited by bear-avhistory; 05-26-2013 at 04:57 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:08 PM
1st Cav!

Mein Auto: e90
thanks for this. I'm definitely going to ask for service records and it helps that I'm familiar with the 330 so I know what subtle areas to check that might go overlooked. Also doesn't hurt to try and take one of my mechanic buddies with me. I found another one with 80k miles but from the pictures it doesn't look as well maintained... I'll try to check both of them out.

http://www.motornetusa.com/inventory...+Pkg+DALLAS+TX