Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 05-26-2013, 05:45 AM

Mein Auto: 750 Li iDrive
Stupid questions

Hi all - i just recently purchased a 2011 750 li. I have a few stupid questions im hoping i can get help with.
First - how do you unlock the doors....lol i know when you open the door it unlocks but my son ran to the car yesterday and i had no idea how to unlock the passenger door.
Second - What are the buttons on the door for? The ones that show a picture of a seat?
Third- Can i get XM radio?? if so - how?
Id appreciate any help
thanks
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2013, 07:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 335xi, 2009 750LI
u can unlock them with key or if the key is near the door it'll unlock when u try to open the door. If you are inside the car, there's a lock/unlock (key sign) between the vents, near the emergency lights button. those are memory buttons, you can save your seat settings.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:14 AM

Mein Auto: F02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiak View Post
Hi all - i just recently purchased a 2011 750 li. I have a few stupid questions im hoping i can get help with.
First - how do you unlock the doors....lol i know when you open the door it unlocks but my son ran to the car yesterday and i had no idea how to unlock the passenger door.
Second - What are the buttons on the door for? The ones that show a picture of a seat?
Third- Can i get XM radio?? if so - how?
Id appreciate any help
thanks
Welcome to the forum!

(1) The doors can be opened either via the FOB or Comfort Access. If you want to unlock the doors via the FOB, press the Unlock key once and it will unlock the driver door. Press the Unlock key once more and it will unlock all remaining doors.

If your car is equipped with Comfort Access, you can unlock the doors without using the FOB, as long as the FOB is within proximity to the vehicle (e.g in your pocket). To unlock the driver door, using Comfort Access, simply pull gently on the driver door handle and it will unlock the driver door. One more pull on the driver door handle will unlock the remaining doors.

(2) If you're referring the seat picture on the driver door, they are the massage function. It really help on long trip.

(3) To listen to Satellite radio, you need a subscription with SiriusXM (or their free trial). Just call their toll free number or visit their website. You will need your Sirius ID number of your vehicle.

Once signal is sent from Sirius to your car, make sure you are in an open area to receive the signal. It may take several minutes to acquire the signal initially.

Our CPO F02 came with a 3 months trial activated by the dealer. I really like it.

I am assuming your recently acquired 2011 is pre-owned. I am surprised your salesperson did not go through the controls of the car when you took possession. Our BMW salesman spent about half an hour going through the various features of the car with us. Some were pretty basic, and some were "I did not know that".

I suggest you grab a cup of coffee, sit back and enjoy your manual
Your car is also equipped with an electronic version of the owners manual. It's accessible via the iDrive menu.

Enjoy your new ride.

BTW, you know we like pics here....or it didn't happen.

Cheers.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 750Li X-Drive
Zodiak!

You should try the "Gentlemen" function (one of the buttons on the door) that allows you to control the passenger seat with your seat controls. Very handy with passengers. BMW should really put its seat controls on the door like the S Class.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by light1 View Post
u can unlock them with key or if the key is near the door it'll unlock when u try to open the door. If you are inside the car, there's a lock/unlock (key sign) between the vents, near the emergency lights button. those are memory buttons, you can save your seat settings.
Thank you!!!!! Thats what that button under the hazard button does!!!! AWESOME!!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjamslam View Post
Welcome to the forum!

(1) The doors can be opened either via the FOB or Comfort Access. If you want to unlock the doors via the FOB, press the Unlock key once and it will unlock the driver door. Press the Unlock key once more and it will unlock all remaining doors.

If your car is equipped with Comfort Access, you can unlock the doors without using the FOB, as long as the FOB is within proximity to the vehicle (e.g in your pocket). To unlock the driver door, using Comfort Access, simply pull gently on the driver door handle and it will unlock the driver door. One more pull on the driver door handle will unlock the remaining doors.

(2) If you're referring the seat picture on the driver door, they are the massage function. It really help on long trip.

(3) To listen to Satellite radio, you need a subscription with SiriusXM (or their free trial). Just call their toll free number or visit their website. You will need your Sirius ID number of your vehicle.

Once signal is sent from Sirius to your car, make sure you are in an open area to receive the signal. It may take several minutes to acquire the signal initially.

Our CPO F02 came with a 3 months trial activated by the dealer. I really like it.

I am assuming your recently acquired 2011 is pre-owned. I am surprised your salesperson did not go through the controls of the car when you took possession. Our BMW salesman spent about half an hour going through the various features of the car with us. Some were pretty basic, and some were "I did not know that".

I suggest you grab a cup of coffee, sit back and enjoy your manual
Your car is also equipped with an electronic version of the owners manual. It's accessible via the iDrive menu.

Enjoy your new ride.

BTW, you know we like pics here....or it didn't happen.

Cheers.

Thank you....yes i was a little disappointed with the time spent going over things.....
how do you post a pic?
Old 05-26-2013, 07:41 AM

I just had the windows tinted yesterday....loving it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	378618   Click image for larger version

Name:	011 (2).jpg
Views:	108
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	378619   Click image for larger version

Name:	012 (2).jpg
Views:	108
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	378620   Click image for larger version

Name:	015 (2).jpg
Views:	101
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	378621  
Old 05-26-2013, 07:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 Active Hybrid 7
Congratulations! Enjoy your new 7, and Happy Motoring!!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:46 AM

Very nice pics!

In case you didn't know, one of the best features of the 2011 and up F01/F02 is that it comes with a 6 year bumper to bumper factory warranty.

The CPO warranty is not as comprehensive as factory warranty.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:01 AM

Mein Auto: '10 740Li
Nice car. Welcome to the 7er family.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Very nice pics!

In case you didn't know, one of the best features of the 2011 and up F01/F02 is that it comes with a 6 year bumper to bumper factory warranty.

really? so they extended the warranty for 2011+ f01/02 to 6 yr 50K?
Old 05-26-2013, 09:19 AM

Mein Auto: ///M7
Quote:
Very nice pics!

Not sure where you get this info or if is different in Canada but that is not correct for the USA. It is 4 yrs/50K miles here.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte.../Warranty.aspx

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
Not sure where you get this info or if is different in Canada but that is not correct for the USA. It is 4 yrs/50K miles here.

My BMW sales-guy actually told me that. He said that the 2011 model carried a bumper to bumper 6 year warranty. I have only seen one local add here that mentioned it. Now I can't find that add. I will call the dealer tomorrow and confirm this info.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 740i
Quote:
Nice tint. How much did it cost? How long did it take? I've been thinking about getting mine tinted too.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 740Li
Quote:
Your pics are nice. Really makes me wish that they didnt get rid of the chrome door trimmings with the M sport package. I just think the chrome door trimmings look so much better but thats a matter of opinion as it seems everyone here likes the shdaowline trim better.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:

@ rajeek

I called the dealer today to inquire about the 6 year warranty I originally mentioned. It was explained to me clearer today.

I was told that any new BMW comes with the standard 4 year factory warranty or 80,000 kms in North America. If a 2011 and up 7 series model is purchased "used" from a BMW dealer with the 2 year CPO warranty, that CPO warranty is bumper-to-bumper.

Whereas for previous model year, the CPO is not bumper-to-bumper.

Therefore to clarify my post about the "6 year warranty", the 2011 and up model still carries the 4 year or 80,000 kms factory warranty, plus a bumper-to-bumper CPO warranty if that vehicle is bought used from a BMW dealer.

Hope this clarify my earlier statement.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:33 PM

how does one fast forward a song? I haven't read the manual, there are like 8 and it's longer than my CISSP book
Old 10-29-2013, 02:51 PM
There is no spoon

Mein Auto: 2010 F07 550i, 2009 B8 A4
Stupid questions

Quote:
how does one fast forward a song? I haven't read the manual, there are like 8 and it's longer than my CISSP book
Lol, I have this same question! The hdd based manual indicated to use the left/right arrows, but using the iDrive arrows just restarted the same song so I am at a loss! Btw I hope you F01/02 members don't mind a F07 lurking and posting, we are mostly related after all...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-29-2013, 02:55 PM

Mein Auto: ///M7
Quote:
Hold down the right and left arrows. The ones next the to 8 physically programmable buttons (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750Li xD
Stupid questions

I wish I could advance to the next song on the steering wheel. I can scroll down to the next song in the alphabetical order but it does not work in random shuffle. I have to use the arrow buttons next to the prog. function keys.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 750Li/2008 X5 4.8
Quote:
(another IT guy)

2012 750Li, Carbon Black Metallic/Oyster&Black, M Sport (Current)
2008 X5 4.8 (Sport), Platinum Bronze Metallic/Tobacco&Black (Current)
2006 750i, Sapphire Black Metallic/Black
2002 745i, Sapphire Black Metallic/Beige
2002 530i (5 speed), Sapphire Black Metallic/Black
Old 10-29-2013, 03:46 PM
There is no spoon

Mein Auto: 2010 F07 550i, 2009 B8 A4
Stupid questions

Quote:
Hold down the right and left arrows. The ones next the to 8 physically programmable buttons (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)
Thanks for that, the wife is happy again! Using buttons on the dash...who would have thought?! Lol!