Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 08-23-2004, 08:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 330I ZHP
Question Key programming

I took my 04 330I w/ zhp and nav into the dealer after having installed the Alarm DIY. I had them activate the alarm and they required my keys. One of the options I wanted activated was the locking of the doors when you drive off. It worked the first time according to the guy that programmed the key, I took it BACK to the dealer this past weekend and STILL they don't lock on driving off.
Is this something to do with the alarm system? I'm using the buttons to lock / unlock the car which arms or disarms the alarm. I would think the auto door locking on drive off would still work.
Am I missing something here or is this BMW dealer just incompetent?
Can I program this directly into the Key since it IS 'key memory' and not the car memory function?

Thanks,
Ads by Google
Old 08-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97 White 328iC
Sounds like the the dealer missed something. The function you are looking for is available. My car has it set up. Once the vehicle reaches 5 or 8 mph all of the unlocked doors automatically lock. The kids think it's the coolest thing about the car. (Go figure)
Old 08-23-2004, 11:31 AM

Mein Auto: E46 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by msphynx
Can I program this directly into the Key since it IS 'key memory' and not the car memory function?
Nothing is programmed "into the key." In fact, when I had my options programmed (which included the auto-lock feature), the dealer told me he didn't need the keys.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:51 PM

Mein Auto: 06/2000 330i ZSP/ZPP
here is car and key configuration options: http://www.bmwnation.com/tech/glossa...keycfg_01.html
Old 08-23-2004, 04:17 PM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
Quote:
Originally Posted by wag-zhp
Sounds like the the dealer missed something. The function you are looking for is available. My car has it set up. Once the vehicle reaches 5 or 8 mph all of the unlocked doors automatically lock. The kids think it's the coolest thing about the car. (Go figure)
Not so cool if you have an A/T.
I've seen more than one car left in drive by an idiot at a car wash. Doors lock as the cars speeds up through the wash. As the car wash workers franticaly try and get back into the car, I watched it cruise on out into a busy street and get hit.

Kinda funny, unless it is your car.
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:36 PM
call me darkcloud

Send a message via ICQ to Jever Send a message via AIM to Jever Send a message via MSN to Jever Send a message via Yahoo to Jever
Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew*Debbie
Not so cool if you have an A/T.
I've seen more than one car left in drive by an idiot at a car wash. Doors lock as the cars speeds up through the wash. As the car wash workers franticaly try and get back into the car, I watched it cruise on out into a busy street and get hit.

Kinda funny, unless it is your car.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder