Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
I'm not trying to piss you off but, it sounds like you've just made some bad decisions and are going to let your anger over them push you into making another one. Personally if I were already that far in the hole I would ride out the X5 as long as it has a warranty instead of losing even more cash by overreacting and jumping into something else. I'll disregard the reliability part of it because you can't know that until it's too late but, if the Jeep drove better has a lot of the same options and you knew you were going to lose $10K how did you talk yourself into making the leap back to an X5?

When it was all said and done I got a considerable amount off sticker on my X5d. I have friends that recently bought an JGC Overland and they couldn't get a third of what I got off MSRP and they had a horrible buying experience. And while my X5 has been totally trouble free they keep having issues with jeeps version of comfort access.

So basically... While I'm sorry you are having a bad experience with your X5, it doesn't mean we all are.
The X5 diesel is a whole different animal. What is interesting in that platform was the aggressive discounting to rid the lots of them.

I left the Jeep for the X5 because I had reasonably good experience with the 2008 I had. There were issues with the rattling tailgate latch in the 2008 which many have experienced and commented on, but nothing horrible. I have a 2012 328i convertible that other than being in an accident is a very nice platform. The 2013 X5 is a whole different story. The tranny issues are well known and likely a tuning decision made by BMW to keep the corporate average fuel economy up. Both BMW and the dealer acknowledge the stutter and hesitations in the steptronic but just look away when you ask about a fix. The only solution offered is to drive in Sport mode. To be brutally honest I talked myself back in to the X5 because I missed being a member of the BMW elite. What I got is a badge, a horrible driving experience and a brand that frankly doesn't care.

BMW is decontenting everything in pursuit of a pricing strategy to put themselves in a more competitive position with the everyman's brands as they are rising in content and capturing the interest and sales way from the premium brands like BMW. BMW used to be the best convenience technology platform, now it is bringing up the rear. While the iPod integration is the best, the navigation is now among the worst with the changes they made to the GIS content in the CIC. The decontenting puts there margins higher and allows the ridiculously high bring backs on their lease deals.

The Jeep GC I owned was a decent vehicle, but not one I am considering returning to. But it shouldn't be discounted because it is just a Jeep. Chrysler has done a very good job with the GC Overlands. The GC Overland I had accelerated when I asked it to and shifted without rattling my teeth no matter what speed I was transitioning from and to. The navigation system looked like a fisher price toy, but it didn't tell me to turn into fields and rivers. And it included the now old hat Sirius traffic and weather features that seem to elude the BMW CIC. But it just wasn't a BMW when I was a badge blind consumer of overpriced "luxury" vehicles.

I am not alone in the X5 debacle, I am just a little more vocal about it. All the people that have risen to the defense of the X5 when it comes to my commentary are 35d or earlier model year gas powered owners. Those platforms don't suffer the same tranny issues as the 2013 35i. My only reason for continuing to have these discussions is the hope that it will ward off any other unfortunate souls from investing in this poor excuse for a premium vehicle.

You are right about my poor decision when it relates to returning to the BMW X5. I'm not mad about the loss of the money - its an aggravating factor. And ride it out is just not an option. I won't suffer the miserable driving experience that this vehicle delivers at any cost. I now leave the X in the driveway because it is such an aggravating experience and drive one of my other cars. So is leaving it sit until the depreciation catches up with the resale price an appropriate option or even a good decision? I don't think so. My anger isn't pushing me - but my desire to have only vehicles in my possession that I drive and enjoy is absolutely a driver.

But fret not BMW community - I'm trading this crap pile on a 2013 F150 Limited as soon as it arrives and you shall hear from me no more. This vehicle shifts appropriately, is well appointed but a little plastic-y (BMW is catching up but probably not until the 2016 MY) has a decent convenience technology package and you can haul stuff in it too!

Last edited by Bitwhacker; 06-08-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70 X5, F10 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitwhacker View Post
The X5 diesel is a whole different animal. What is interesting in that platform was the aggressive discounting to rid the lots of them.

I left the Jeep for the X5 because I had reasonably good experience with the 2008 I had. There were issues with the rattling tailgate latch in the 2008 which many have experienced and commented on, but nothing horrible. I have a 2012 328i convertible that other than being in an accident is a very nice platform. The 2013 X5 is a whole different story. The tranny issues are well known and likely a tuning decision made by BMW to keep the corporate average fuel economy up. Both BMW and the dealer acknowledge the stutter and hesitations in the steptronic but just look away when you ask about a fix. The only solution offered is to drive in Sport mode. To be brutally honest I talked myself back in to the X5 because I missed being a member of the BMW elite. What I got is a badge, a horrible driving experience and a brand that frankly doesn't care.

BMW is decontenting everything in pursuit of a pricing strategy to put themselves in a more competitive position with the everyman's brands as they are rising in content and capturing the interest and sales way from the premium brands like BMW. BMW used to be the best convenience technology platform, now it is bringing up the rear. While the iPod integration is the best, the navigation is now among the worst with the changes they made to the GIS content in the CIC. The decontenting puts there margins higher and allows the ridiculously high bring backs on their lease deals.

The Jeep GC I owned was a decent vehicle, but not one I am considering returning to. But it shouldn't be discounted because it is just a Jeep. Chrysler has done a very good job with the GC Overlands. The GC Overland I had accelerated when I asked it to and shifted without rattling my teeth no matter what speed I was transitioning from and to. The navigation system looked like a fisher price toy, but it didn't tell me to turn into fields and rivers. And it included the now old hat Sirius traffic and weather features that seem to elude the BMW CIC. But it just wasn't a BMW when I was a badge blind consumer of overpriced "luxury" vehicles.

I am not alone in the X5 debacle, I am just a little more vocal about it. All the people that have risen to the defense of the X5 when it comes to my commentary are 35d or earlier model year gas powered owners. Those platforms don't suffer the same tranny issues as the 2013 35i. My only reason for continuing to have these discussions is the hope that it will ward off any other unfortunate souls from investing in this poor excuse for a premium vehicle.

You are right about my poor decision when it relates to returning to the BMW X5. I'm not mad about the loss of the money - its an aggravating factor. And ride it out is just not an option. I won't suffer the miserable driving experience that this vehicle delivers at any cost. I now leave the X in the driveway because it is such an aggravating experience and drive one of my other cars. So is leaving it sit until the depreciation catches up with the resale price an appropriate option or even a good decision? I don't think so. My anger isn't pushing me - but my desire to have only vehicles in my possession that I drive and enjoy is absolutely a driver.

But fret not BMW community - I'm trading this crap pile on a 2013 F150 Limited as soon as it arrives and you shall hear from me no more. This vehicle shifts appropriately, is well appointed but a little plastic-y (BMW is catching up but probably not until the 2016 MY) has a decent convenience technology package and you can haul stuff in it too!

I agree with a fair amount of what you are saying but, when it comes down to it I still haven't found anything else that makes a compelling enough case for me to get out of a BMW. It's even more frustrating when you factor in a lot of the new products seem to still require some end user development time.

Even from when I got my first BMW in 07 I've seen tons of the little things they remove from one model to the next while prices creep up and up and it irritates me. Things like the tool kit, flashlight in the glove box, rubber or felt lined door pockets to keep things from sliding around, loss of steering feel, etc...

Good Luck with your new vehicle.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:58 AM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
If your buying into a badge then....Power to you, and the post from Bitwhacker is OUTRAGEOUS lol

If your buying with value or logic then...Power to you, and the post from Bitwhacker actually makes sense

Bitwhacker, the transmission issue is ongoing with BMW from the time they released the X3 E83 (LCI onwards), till now. Its a software program that they wont update for some reason. Its one of those quirks that internally automakers realize but never act to fix.

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:44 AM

Mein Auto: Lexus LS400
cracking me up

Quote:
The Jeep GC Overland I traded in for this POS BMW X5 was more reliable and a far better driving experience than the 2013 X5. In this area - the Jeep dealer and the BMW dealer are the same company. The BMW sales experience is better but the after sales is the same. Well, except the BMW dealer has better coffee and a more comfortable waiting room.
WOW!!! Bitwhacker!!!!

You are cracking me up. I feel some of your frustrations, but the following is my all time favorite post....LMAO....

Quote:
If the electric steering works as well as the steptronic on the 2013 POS, then there will certainly be plenty of recalls when they start running in to things - and people.
Man... you are REALLY unhappy with that truck. I have been following your posts on here,.... basically all of them because we are from the same area. We probably bought our cars from the same dealership and I know we get them serviced at the same dealership. I wanted to talk to you before you made the decision to get rid of the X, to try and change your mind, but after reading your posts I believe that ship has sailed. I wanted to say, the hesitation you feel CAN be fixed. your right, it is a software fix. A stage 1 will take care of that. I know you shouldnít have to spend extra money on a premium vehicle to fix a problem.... but im just saying, IF that was your only problem, stage 1 would fix it. The Nav, well it is what it is. I havenít had mine give me bad directions yet... but I havenít really been many places in my X that I needed directions for. The rattling in the tailgate area SHOULD be something our dealership can fix. As I recall, those seem to be your major complaints. I have had nothing but good experiences with our dealership but my vehicle hasnít had issues,.....well... just one, ill get to that in a minute.

Before I bought the X, I thoroughly checked out the JGC Overland Summit. That is one beautiful SUV. The dealership even let me take it home overnight. That SUV is awesome and I have a lot of respect for that car but in the end the BMW served my DRIVING needs a lot better. From a drivers point of view, the BMW had a lot more of the options that werenít available on the Jeep. Adaptive Drive, Active steering, soft close doors, a better stereo (IMO) and 400 HP with the ability to still achieve 20 MPG. Those were the things that steered me toward the BMW. I liked the interior of the Jeep 10xīs better than the X5, especially that heated steering wheel. (I took it home in January), but in the end, its just an average HANDLING suv, unless you opt for the SRT8.

I have a 2012 X5 50 with a stage 2. I felt your frustrations with the accelerator lag of hitting the gas and actually moving a second later, however, through research, I knew a dinan tune would cure it and I knew all along I was gonna do the dinan tune. The tune took care of it, and all is good. The one incident I had, I almost got rear ended. I pulled into traffic, got on the gas, I heard the gong sound the X makes when seat belt is not buckled, and the truck shut off. No CEL light but the I drive said something about the active steering needing calibration. I coasted over in the media with people blowing the horn and shooting me the bird and restarted it with no problems. I didnt take it to the dealership, but I havenít had the problem again. Now Ive owned 11 vehicles and the last time one shut off on me was in 1994, and that was a 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. Now its 2013, Im driving a 2012 BMW X5 and it does the same thing. Really????

I donít drive it much; did a PCD 16 months ago and have only racked up 6,500 miles so far. Its not a daily driver and I PLAN on keeping it for another 9 years without an extended warranty, which brings me to the point of asking you,.... a former multiple BMW owner, what you think about that. This is my first time owning a BMW, I was a Lexus man for 15 years. I owned an LS400 for 5 years, totally trouble free, then bought a new LS400 in 2000 and the only problem I had with that car was a bad heat/ac blower motor I had to replace to the tune of $540. Honestly speaking, its not that much fun to drive, but its very reliable. I have no problem owning a Lexus out of warranty. Im hoping to see similar service from the X5. My luxury vehicles see low mileage cause I use them for out of town purposes only. Had that Lex for 12 years and sold it with 87,900 miles on the clock.

Sorry your not happy with your X, did you even know about the stage 1 or look into it?
I donít see how you could have missed being a member of the BMW elite when, while you had the Jeep, you still owned a BMW.

AHHH.... the F-150.... Excellent choice. I own an 02 I bought new that now has 66,300 miles. Totally trouble free. The newest ones are beautiful. Ford has come a long way with that truck. Im in love with the interior AND exterior on the 2013. What color did you order? If it came from the Dearborn Michigan plant, then I had a direct impact on your paint job.

Good Luck my friend.....
Old 06-08-2013, 10:52 AM

Mein Auto: German
Quote:
T

Ahh, I love the drama in this post. Keep up the histrionics. I'm getting a kick out of it

You can defend Jeep all you want, but statistics speak. They have POS quality. Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, etc ALL HAVE BEEN CONSTANTLY RANKED AT THE BOTTOM on every reliability survey for a long long time. There is no way around this. You can try to give us your two cents, but you just sound like a bitter owner. I'll believe the statistics instead.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2013, 10:53 AM

Guys, let's get back on topic.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:01 PM
///Monkeyazz Duck

Mein Auto: 535i M Sport; 328i Wagon
Re: So what's after the E70 for owners here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Guys, let's get back on topic.
Okay.

If the M550D came in a wagon, I'd be driving one.

I am intrigued by the 335 GT. If it was a 335D GT I would be sold.

And I am REALLY intrigued by the X4 concept. E70 lease is up in October, so I have time to take lots and lots of test drives.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Current BMW's:
2014 535i MSport Space / Black, ZCW, ZDA, ZLP, ZLS, ZPP, H-K and 704
2014 328i Sport Wagon, Glacier / Black, ZSL, ZD2, ZD3, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, and H-K

Prior BMW's
2011 535ix MSport
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Technic
Old 06-09-2013, 06:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i Premium
No drama - just facts. [EDIT - no need to debate the merits of Jeep so I deleted it] The subject of the thread was whats next - I answered and provided insight in to my decision. Bitter - perhaps, disappointed - VERY. At any rate, thanks for the sympathy to those of you above that expressed it. I'll move on and leave this community to debate, inform and entertain those of you that enjoy giving your hard earned cash to the jack-booted thugs at BMW HQ.

All the best to you all - so long!

BTW - @TurboBusa, I am sure we do visit the same dealer. The service advisor called when I gave them a 1 for "did we complete the repairs" and didn't express concern that they didnt resolve the constant rattle in the rear seat, but was rather upset that I had given them a 1 and that it would reflect poorly on her. They are another reason I am done with BMW and that particular franchise. Thank goodness they don't deliver Fords.

Last edited by Bitwhacker; 06-09-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 50 M sport
So what's after the E70 for owners here?

RR sport 2014
PC 2014/ S or GTS/
F15 prob w/out M package
Q7 2014
My lease is up on 6/2014 therefore i have for quite a few test drives

2010-2012 GLK 350/wife/
2008-2011-328XI
2004-2007-CLK55
2007-2010-X3 3.0
2001-2004-A8 4.2
2004-2007 X5 3.0/E53/
1999-2001-SL500
1996-1999-ML320 4MATIC
1992-1995-VOLVO 850 TURBO
1990-1992-525I
1987-1990-OLDSMOBILE CS
1981-1987-LADA/VAZ 2103
Old 06-09-2013, 04:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 & 2012 X5 35d
OT: alex md, had to comment on the evolution in your car ownership/taste over the years.

Last edited by finnbmw; 06-09-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex md View Post
RR sport 2014
PC 2014/ S or GTS/
F15 prob w/out M package
Q7 2014
My lease is up on 6/2014 therefore i have for quite a few test drives

Sounds like my list too

I love the look of the RRS, but after my neighbor's experience with his Evoque, hell no.

Thinking back on it, I think the E70 has been the most reliable car I've owned. (countless Toyotas, VW, Audi, etc) My previous German cars were pretty trouble free, but had some nagging issues (creaking pano roof on my Q7). Besides some recalls and an oil level sensor (quick fix), my E70 has been tremendous. *knock on wood*

Last edited by AutoUnion; 06-10-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
Okay.

If the M550D came in a wagon, I'd be driving one.
Yup, you're not the only one quack. I'd dump my X5 real quick, if BMW or Audi brought us a diesel AWD wagon (not the upcoming F31xd)
Old 06-11-2013, 07:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35d
If I'm thinking down the road I would likely opt for the Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel. I used to have a Jeep and the thing I miss is being able to take it on the beaches around here. I suppose the X5 can do it but the Jeep is much more capable and I've seen a lot of vehicles get stuck in the deep sand here. Of course an old beater Jeep would work just as well.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: X5 50i
I'm thinking about getting this: 1992 e34 535i, 5 spd, 1 owner, local sale. I sold mine 1 year ago and have regretted it ever since ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW_0192a.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	381494  
BMWCCA #20645
Old 06-13-2013, 10:03 AM

Land Rover to field diesel-hybrid Range Rover and Sport models in US

Quote:
Land Rover is expected to introduce a new diesel hybrid powertrain for use on the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport at the Frankfurt Motor Show later this year, and while our report last week indicated that these models wouldn't be sold here, Edmunds is reporting otherwise.

The stricter Euro 6 emissions regulations will be closer to what is required from diesel engines here in the US, which means that automakers will no longer have to develop a US-specific engine. Furthermore, Edmunds also says that sales of diesel cars and SUVs grew by 24 percent from 2010 to 2012, so this increased popularity could also play a big role in these vehicles being offered here. For Land Rover, it would pair its 3.0-liter diesel V6 with a version of the ZF eight-speed automatic transmission that uses an integrated electric motor.
Very interesting

http://www.autoblog.com
Old 06-17-2013, 07:31 PM

Mein Auto: '13 X5 M
Quote:
Land Rover to field diesel-hybrid Range Rover and Sport models in US

Yeah, that has reliability written all over it...
Old 06-17-2013, 08:08 PM
///Monkeyazz Duck

Mein Auto: 535i M Sport; 328i Wagon
They are EXTREMELY Green. Zero emissions, because they will spend half their lives sitting in repair bays.

Current BMW's:
2014 535i MSport Space / Black, ZCW, ZDA, ZLP, ZLS, ZPP, H-K and 704
2014 328i Sport Wagon, Glacier / Black, ZSL, ZD2, ZD3, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, and H-K

Prior BMW's
2011 535ix MSport
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Technic
Old 06-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Prefers bhp over mpg

Mein Auto: E70 X5M and 4.8i
I'm having a harder time getting stuff covered under CPO these days and my dealer is not as stellar as it used to be, so my answer of "yet another E70" (CPO X5M) might be changing. So 2014-15 Sierra Denali with 6.2 and 8-speed(when it happens) or 2015 redesigned F150 is the latest thought. Hope GM moves quickly on getting the 8-speed into the Sierra and hope Ford is doing air sus on the F150. Maybe the fantasy of being happy with a domestic pickup is unrealistic after a decade of BMW, but that's the dream.

Gone:
2005 X5 4.8is
2004 X5 4.4i Sport
2004 X3 3.0i 6MT
2002 M5
Old 06-21-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa50i View Post
Yeah, that has reliability written all over it...
I guess if you didn't have friends, you could always buy a Jag/LR and befriend the SA
Old 06-24-2013, 03:05 PM

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=704858

Quote:
MW has released the base US MSRP pricing for the 2014 F15 X5. The new addition to the X5 family, the rear-wheel drive 2014 X5 sDrive35i will start at $53,725. The 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i is priced at $56,025, the 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35d price is $57,525 and the 2014 BMW X5 xDrive50i will start at $69,125. All prices include $925 destination and handling. Newly-standard equipment for the X5 includes, but is not limited to, BMW's Auto Start-Stop system, BMW's iDrive4.2 Navigation System with Touchpad, 10 years of BMW Assist eCall service, 10 years of BMW TeleService, BMW Apps, 40-20-40 split-folding rear seat, and now standard Servotronic speed-sensitive power steering.
Quote:
Detailed US MSRP pricing for packages and options has not yet been released. If you're waiting for detailed pricing it will be another month or so. The all-new 3rd-generation BMW X5 will arrive in US showrooms in the fourth quarter of this year as the TwinPower Turbo inline six X5 sDrive35i and X5 xDrive35i as well as the TwinPower Turbo V8 X5 xDrive50i. The BMW Advanced Diesel X5 xDrive35d will follow in early 2014.
Looks like I was right. STEEP price increase.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 & 2012 X5 35d
The price for the 2014 diesel version is actually lower than 2013 model, currently @ $57,625 incl. destination, especially considering that you will get navigation as standard in the 2014.

However, we'll see what the final price will be when the options and package price list is announced...

Last edited by finnbmw; 06-24-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35D /2011 M37X
Quote:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=704858

[B]

Looks like I was right. STEEP price increase.

Give it a year, discounts will return, my lease is up in Dec of 2014 so hopefully if I go the same route the discounts will return. In general the prices of all vehicles are getting crazy, Jeeps at 50k plus, the new MDX at almost 55k loaded, ridiculous IMO, when you factor in BMW's inflated residuals an X5 can be cheaper to lease than a vehicle 10-15k less.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:04 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d

Wow, looks like they got rid of base model and replaced it with a rear wheel drive variant at 6k more. Yikes, this is really big price increase. The diesel is about the same though. I wonder what is the default option?

Sent from my MB886 using BimmerApp mobile app

Old 06-24-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ductman View Post
Give it a year, discounts will return, my lease is up in Dec of 2014 so hopefully if I go the same route the discounts will return.
Valid point. It will discounted by thousands, like any BMW

You'd think they would just lower the price, so they wouldn't have to discount as much, but I guess not.

Quote:
In general the prices of all vehicles are getting crazy, Jeeps at 50k plus, the new MDX at almost 55k loaded, ridiculous IMO, when you factor in BMW's inflated residuals an X5 can be cheaper to lease than a vehicle 10-15k less.
I agree. Prices are creeping up and it's getting borderline crazy. Loaded X3/Q5s cost $55k these days. Loaded X5/ML have hit $70k. A top trim '14 MDX is $57k (which is ridiculous!).

My father recently found the price sticker for his old '02 Mercedes ML320. The MSRP on the well-equipped model (granted, it did turn into a POS within a year) was like $43k. The purchase price was $38k! You can barely get an X1/GLK for $38k and if you do, it's stripped out.

I'm sure BMW will have class-leading leases, as usual. They did this to the F30. Raise the price, but it still leases under its German competition.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:41 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Valid point. It will discounted by thousands, like any BMW

You'd think they would just lower the price, so they wouldn't have to discount as much, but I guess not.

I agree. Prices are creeping up and it's getting borderline crazy. Loaded X3/Q5s cost $55k these days. Loaded X5/ML have hit $70k. A top trim '14 MDX is $57k (which is ridiculous!).

My father recently found the price sticker for his old '02 Mercedes ML320. The MSRP on the well-equipped model (granted, it did turn into a POS within a year) was like $43k. The purchase price was $38k! You can barely get an X1/GLK for $38k and if you do, it's stripped out.

I'm sure BMW will have class-leading leases, as usual. They did this to the F30. Raise the price, but it still leases under its German competition.
Looks like our inflation is faster than 3%. At 43k 11 years inflating at 3%, you should expect only about 59.5k. This is all starting to make Porches more reasonable.

Sent from my MB886 using BimmerApp mobile app