Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 06-06-2013, 09:53 AM

Mein Auto: bmw z4 28i
question on Lease

I right now am leasing a 13' Z4 28i been a year and only 6k miles
Although I like the car I have always wanted a M and Z4 M coupe have been my dream car. How could I make this happen since the lease contract isnt over for another 2years.
3 things i heard
I heard I could return it but I would have to pay the remaining fees
I could go to a dealer shop to see if they are willing to buy the car from the original dealer and +/- on to the new car i am trying to get.
I have heard about lease trade but dont know how that works

I did a pretty big down payment and wanted to know if that helps on this?

I am looking for a Z4 M Coupe 06-08
Prefer mileage around 50K (+/-) 10K

I also found a Z4MC on the web for 20gran but the mileage is 101K wasnt sure if this is a good deal.. (reliable)
I am planing on driving this car for 5 yrs (10k miles a year)

Sorry for the questions but please help
Thanks
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Road or Beach

Mein Auto: 2012 Z4 35is
Since you looking to get out of the lease without buying or leasing another BMW from your dealer your not going to get any help from them. You will either need to find someone who would take your lease or do an independent sale to pay the lease off. Putting up a big down payment may help a bit if it means your lease payment is low and attractable for someone to take it over but in general your going to lose money on this any which way you go.

Before you do anything you should try to find a Z4M and actually get in it and drive it to make sure it is worth the loss in money.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:17 PM

Mein Auto: bmw z4 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_cyclist View Post
Since you looking to get out of the lease without buying or leasing another BMW from your dealer your not going to get any help from them. You will either need to find someone who would take your lease or do an independent sale to pay the lease off. Putting up a big down payment may help a bit if it means your lease payment is low and attractable for someone to take it over but in general your going to lose money on this any which way you go.

Before you do anything you should try to find a Z4M and actually get in it and drive it to make sure it is worth the loss in money.

Thanks
If the car I want is in the bmw dealershop but a different location
Would they help in getting out of my lease?
Old 06-07-2013, 06:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 335is, 2015 X1
I doubt you are going to find any dealer that is going to help you get out of your lease. BMW financial services is already making money on your current lease and they are in no way related to the dealers. If you find the car you want at a dealer about the best you can hope for is them giving you a good deal and then working through them to roll your remaining total lease payments into your new deal. Bottom line is you are going to lose money.

Second option, and this may be a little better since you said you put quite a bit of money down and thus probably have a lower payment, is to try to have someone take over your current lease. There are a couple of places like http://www.swapalease.com/ or www.leasetrader.com/ that can help you there.

BMW 335is, Le Mans blue with Black Dakota leather, Convenience and Premium packages, 19" wheels, 7 speed DCT, heated seats, Nav., Harmon Kardon Logic 7 stereo w/ Satellite radio. 2015 BMW X1 28iXdrive M Sport, LeMans Blue, with Black Dakota leather, Premium and Technology packages, with heated seats, satellite radio.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Road or Beach

Mein Auto: 2012 Z4 35is
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkind62 View Post
I doubt you are going to find any dealer that is going to help you get out of your lease. BMW financial services is already making money on your current lease and they are in no way related to the dealers. If you find the car you want at a dealer about the best you can hope for is them giving you a good deal and then working through them to roll your remaining total lease payments into your new deal. Bottom line is you are going to lose money.

Second option, and this may be a little better since you said you put quite a bit of money down and thus probably have a lower payment, is to try to have someone take over your current lease. There are a couple of places like http://www.swapalease.com/ or www.leasetrader.com/ that can help you there.
This, I recently got out of my X3 lease about 1.5yrs early. It was made easier by the dealer having an incentive to give me a better trade number on the X3 to pay off the lease and a better price on the Z to make it all happen. I had a specific monthly max and told them if we could get things under that number I would do the deal. With that said I still had to roll some loss from the old lease into the new lease costing me more. So there is no win/win in this type of deal