Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 06-08-2013, 11:39 AM

Mein Auto: BMW Z4 28i
Custom Ordered Z4 Delivery Date?

Basically, my z4 is "In Production" and I wonder if it will be able to make it onto the boat leaving Germany April 15th.

Hey guys. This is not another one of these posts I swear. Well kinda. I custom ordered a Z4 28i about a week ago. BMWusa.com showed incorrectly that it was black with leatherette. I'm sitting here looking at bmwusa.com and seeing that now it's the right specs (melbourne red with black kansas leather) and it says its "In Production." I called them and they said that a loose "estimated" completion date was April 14th.

Looking at the Port Hueneme docket (pun intended) the only boats scheduled to arrive from Bremerhaven in the next while are the Tiger and the Aniara both are operated by Walleneus & Wilhemnsen. They're both RO-ROs, so I assume that my BMW will be on one of those two boats. The Tiger leaves port in Germany on April 15th and arrives July 10th. The Aniara leaves port June 29th and arrives around July 24th.

I'm wondering if there's any chance my car will end up on the sooner shipment? I'd very much love to have it 15 days earlier, plus that way I could have it for my trip august 3rd. In your experience, do you think that there's any chance my Z4, with estimated completion of the 14th (it started production on Wednesday the 5th), can be on that boat leaving some time on the 15th? Or am I making unrealistic aspirations?
Ads by Google
Old 06-08-2013, 01:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i X-Drive
I presume all the "April" statements are actually "June"?

If that is the case, you would be hard pressed to make the boat out of Bremerhaven the day after production ends, I wouldn't count on it unfortunately . My wife's Z4 is estimated to be completed the day before on the 13th, and we're crossing our fingers that we have a quick turnaround at the port, only time will tell though.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:34 PM

Mein Auto: BMW Z4 28i
haha yes June sorry. I'm not so good with the summer months

Thats depressing to find out. I hope both of ours can pop on a train and take the 10 hours trip to make it on time. Honest thought tho is that the boat's manifest was probably scheduled several weeks ago to be filled up (8,000 cars!) already.

Still, there's hope!!! Good luck on the z4 maybe ours will sit next to eachother!
Old 06-08-2013, 01:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i X-Drive
Same to you! Keep us posted, I will also let you know what boat we sail on, however ours is getting dropped off in Georgia so I doubt we'll be on the same one.