Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:26 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
The Official F3x OT Thread!

The official F3x off-topic thread.

All standard forum behavior rules apply (no personal attacks or NSFW content).

BOOM

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:45 PM
I feed trolls

Mein Auto: 3 series
In. Because of my 2,251 posts in E36 OT

RIP Ben "Jever" Doebele, we wont forget you

Please, call me Chadley

1997 328iS... HR coilovers, Brembo F40 calipers, camber plates, it needs a CUMMINS!!

1990-somethin Chevy K3500... Cummins, cab swap, 5 speed, and lots of motor work. 20 MPG, 40 PSI, 507 ft/lbs torque

Last edited by drive by72; 06-09-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:02 PM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
Re: The Official F3x OT Thread!

We've tried this before and it never has really worked, but good luck bro.

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 06-09-2013, 07:10 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Worked in the e9x. Sides, I have it on good authority this will be the magic one Either that or this sub-forum will feel the wrath of my OTness

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:11 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
now play nice boys.....

i just kinda dig it because it's a cool idea and is catching on (finally....)

i hope that you guys enjoy your ot thread as much as we do ours. it's a meandering adventure for sure, and was a heck of a lot more fun than the ot forum in general. (at least *i* like to think so....)

so, i'll do my best to keep these rascals in their cage, since it was *i* who posted a link to this thread (i thought it was cool to see you guys doing it as well ), but if you've ever had teens you know how rammy they can be at times...

anyway, hope yours works out for ya!!

df
Old 06-09-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
Worked in the e9x. Sides, I have it on good authority this will be the magic one Either that or this sub-forum will feel the wrath of my OTness
i like it already!!!!

df
Old 06-09-2013, 07:12 PM
I feed trolls

DF, you'd have had no idea I posted here if I wouldnt have said anything about it...

And if anyone needs to be kept in their cage, I think it would be you, storytellin' and all that other non sense...

Please, call me Chadley

1997 328iS... HR coilovers, Brembo F40 calipers, camber plates, it needs a CUMMINS!!

1990-somethin Chevy K3500... Cummins, cab swap, 5 speed, and lots of motor work. 20 MPG, 40 PSI, 507 ft/lbs torque
Old 06-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW M3
How's it going, OT?
Old 06-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Poet of Signature Quotes

Mein Auto: 1997 BMW 328is

Well done! Everyone should have an OT forum.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

"It doesn't do any good for me to know more than you if you aren't going to listen to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by petriej View Post
So let it be written, so let it be done.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:44 PM
I feed trolls

It would cut down on the number of ridiculousness as a whole, really...

Please, call me Chadley

Old 06-09-2013, 07:56 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
The official F3x off-topic thread.

All standard forum behavior rules apply (no personal attacks or NSFW content).
Oh God, no.

The E9X has an OT thread because the entire forum became overrun by 17 year olds and their used E90's. It was the only place for anyone over the age of 30 to go to try and have some normal conversation. And then it went downhill. And then the 50 year olds started talking like the 17 year olds. And then the cliques started.

Delete this thread. We don't need it. There is enough good conversation here because the forum is filled with new-car-buying adults. You don't even own an F30 for christsakes, stop trying to take over the forum. It's great the way it is, thanks.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House
Old 06-09-2013, 08:01 PM
I feed trolls

We're a little bit upset, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJM3
Oh God, no.

The E9X has an OT thread because the entire forum became overrun by 17 year olds and their used E90's. It was the only place for anyone over the age of 30 to go to try and have some normal conversation. And then it went downhill. And then the 50 year olds started talking like the 17 year olds. And then the cliques started.

Delete this thread. We don't need it. There is enough good conversation here because the forum is filled with new-car-buying adults. You don't even own an F30 for christsakes, stop trying to take over the forum. It's great the way it is, thanks.

BJ

Please, call me Chadley

Old 06-09-2013, 08:07 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive by72 View Post
We're a little bit upset, eh?
I know what comes with the OT thread and I am trying to save the forum from it, trust me on this one. There's a perfectly good OT thread in the E9X forum, let it carry on its silliness and cliquishness over there. We don't need an E90 M3 owner with a goat fetish over here, trust me.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House
Old 06-09-2013, 08:17 PM

what's wrong with goats??

i've raised other farm animals as well, btw....

as for immature/mature content and whatnot, that happens in almost every forum, on every board i frequent. bimmerfest just seems to be doing a much better job with regard to keeping people on the polite side of things.

well, almost. kinda ignore poly sci.....

regardless, though, the e36 forum probably has a hugh number of young bmw owners as well and we seem to have a pretty good handle on the topics and such. seldom does anything get out of control in our 'clique'. if it does, we have several regulars who have noob and ban hammers that are not afraid to use them.

just ask temmoc and headtwista. they'll remember us....

i'm not saying that there aren't going to be rowdy ones around, but i believe they'd be rowdy on *any* online forum, not just an e vs f chassis or the like.

besides, if you do not wish to participate in an ot thread, the beauty is that you *don't* have to.

just because i am not very fond of sweets doesn't mean that mrs df is not allowed to partake.

so you may wish to vote the thread down, but it will just pop up under another one if it gets shut down (pssst, guys, if you put 'super stealthy' in front of the title, the mods won't be able to see it.....worked for the tacos....even jon wasn't aware we had them until he saw them....).

so i vote yay for ot threads.

df
Old 06-09-2013, 08:57 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Oh God, no.

BJ
My ED pictures prove another point

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-09-2013, 08:59 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 323is
Quote:
Chad (E36 Phantom) was referencing his first post in the e36 OT thread. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=380206
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Oh God, no.

BJ
Why aren’t we feeling superior to everyone today. Just because you can afford a new BMW does not make you any more mature than the people who buy cheaper cars. Also, as DF stated before you are not required to ever look in this thread. If you do not want to participate in OT you can choose not to it will have no impact on the rest of the threads in the subform.

On a side note I have a hard time taking someone who signs his posts “BJ” seriously. I literally laughed out loud when I saw that.

“We got about ten minutes before this entire county is up in flames. If you want to live, you’d better step on the gas! Oh wait is this a Tesla? Sh!t! Well, step on the prissy pedal, we're going to die!” – Cartman
Old 06-09-2013, 09:15 PM

well, i believe that this is probably *the* most ot thread *EVER*....because there seems to be an awful lot of non-f30 owners (myself included) in here.

see what happens when someone leaves the door open and the neighborhood pranksters put up a sign that says 'free beer inside' on the window??

seriously tho, i hope this takes off and becomes a popular thread. perhaps we'll even meat some of you guys @ bf east?? i look *exactly* like my avatar, so i'll be easy to spot.

come on over and chat!!

df
Old 06-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Poet of Signature Quotes

Mein Auto: 1997 BMW 328is

Wait df, does this mean...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1370834413.068330.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	381055

After this I shall leave the newly formed OT thread to those who own F3xs.

"It doesn't do any good for me to know more than you if you aren't going to listen to me"

Quote:
So let it be written, so let it be done.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
I thought all Bimmerfest threads were OT?

Current Stablemates:
'14 MB GL450; '12 Porsche 911 GTS Cabriolet (MT); '11 BMW E93 335is (DCT); '08 BMW E60 535xi; '08 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Favorite Cars Gone But Not Forgotten:
'09 Corvette ZO6; '04 MB S600; '01 BMW 740iL; '01 Corvette; '90 Nissan 300ZX 2+2; '89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer; '79 BMW 320i; '79 MB 300D; '71 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400; '67 MG Midget
Old 06-09-2013, 11:55 PM
I feed trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCJon View Post

Why would you do that?

Please, call me Chadley

Old 06-10-2013, 07:46 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpark11235 View Post
Chad (E36 Phantom) was referencing his first post in the e36 OT thread. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=380206

Why aren’t we feeling superior to everyone today. Just because you can afford a new BMW does not make you any more mature than the people who buy cheaper cars. Also, as DF stated before you are not required to ever look in this thread. If you do not want to participate in OT you can choose not to it will have no impact on the rest of the threads in the subform.

On a side note I have a hard time taking someone who signs his posts “BJ” seriously. I literally laughed out loud when I saw that.
I am creating the OT thread for BJs benefit. That will keep the rabble rousers locked to one place. Currently, since there is no home for OT threads they can pop up whenever. Now they will be relegated to the Zoo cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinfaster View Post
well, i believe that this is probably *the* most ot thread *EVER*....because there seems to be an awful lot of non-f30 owners (myself included) in here.

see what happens when someone leaves the door open and the neighborhood pranksters put up a sign that says 'free beer inside' on the window??

seriously tho, i hope this takes off and becomes a popular thread. perhaps we'll even meat some of you guys @ bf east?? i look *exactly* like my avatar, so i'll be easy to spot.

come on over and chat!!

df
Tim said I can have a ban stick and ban non f3x members who attempt to post...true story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCJon View Post
Wait df, does this mean...Attachment 381055

You beat me to it

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-10-2013, 07:58 AM
Need Some Low

Mein Auto: 1996 328is
Re: The Official F3x OT Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
We've tried this before and it never has really worked, but good luck bro.

Where have I seen this before...

The shot heard 'round the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
That presenter is getting waaay too worked up over a tarted up VW Golf.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Cruising 280 Top Down

Send a message via Skype™ to petriej
Mein Auto: '99 M3 Cab & '05 X5 4.8is
This thread needs more cat facts.

Some cats have survived falls of over 65 feet (20 meters), due largely to their “righting reflex.” The eyes and balance organs in the inner ear tell it where it is in space so the cat can land on its feet. Even cats without a tail have this ability.

A cat rubs against people not only to be affectionate but also to mark out its territory with scent glands around its face. The tail area and paws also carry the cat’s scent.

Researchers are unsure exactly how a cat purrs. Most veterinarians believe that a cat purrs by vibrating vocal folds deep in the throat. To do this, a muscle in the larynx opens and closes the air passage about 25 times per second.

When a family cat died in ancient Egypt, family members would mourn by shaving off their eyebrows. They also held elaborate funerals during which they drank wine and beat their breasts. The cat was embalmed with a sculpted wooden mask and the tiny mummy was placed in the family tomb or in a pet cemetery with tiny mummies of mice.

GGC BMW CCA #443004
Join the BMW CCA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornhospital View Post
Jared, why don't you just put "It's Giubo" in your sig? Save a lot of typing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36 miguel View Post
this jared guy sounds intimidating lol.
2005 X5 4.8is Le Mans/Black/6spd Steptragic
1999 M3 Cabrio TiAg Metallic/Dove Grey/Black 5 Speed Manual
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1997 328iC Schwarz II/K/K 5MT SOLD 5/2012
2004 645Ci Mineral Silver Metallic/Black 6MT RIP 04/2011
Old 06-10-2013, 11:36 AM
I feed trolls

*cough* Jared *cough*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1370885772.620294.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	381130  

Please, call me Chadley

Old 06-10-2013, 01:18 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
This thread needs more cat facts.

Sorry, this thread does not support cats. On the other hand it does support goats!

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote: