Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 M Roadster, 2010 M5
Very Sketchy Buyer-WATCH OUT!

I just want to give everyone a heads-up. I have received and e-mail and a text from a person identified as Bucko521 on this site. Supposedly interested in purchasing my MRoadster, sight unseen. He claims to be buying it for a buddy. Although he lives in Canada, he is currently on a "Mission" and out of the country. He wants me to open a Pay-Pal account so he can pay me as quickly as possible (not going to happen). This is a complete SCAM. Anyone ever met Bucko521 ? His shiXXy picture in his avatar should be a clue.
Ads by Google
Old 06-11-2013, 04:06 PM

Mein Auto: 01 Z3, 06 997, 06 X5
What I can't understand is how this would work, once the money is in your Pay Pal....what then?
Old 06-11-2013, 07:56 PM

PM sent
Old 07-11-2013, 06:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 Z4, 2001 Z3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRoaadster2000 View Post
I just want to give everyone a heads-up. I have received and e-mail and a text from a person identified as Bucko521 on this site. Supposedly interested in purchasing my MRoadster, sight unseen. He claims to be buying it for a buddy. Although he lives in Canada, he is currently on a "Mission" and out of the country. He wants me to open a Pay-Pal account so he can pay me as quickly as possible (not going to happen). This is a complete SCAM. Anyone ever met Bucko521 ? His shiXXy picture in his avatar should be a clue.
Sorry for you to think I am not real and a scammer.

I am not on a "mission", whatever that means, and I have not been out of the country since July of 2012, when I drove my Z4 through Glacier National Park in Montana.

So not sure if someone is using my username from here or not to try and scam sellers..

However that being said...I can tell you this:

First, most members on this site are enthusiast and share good information related to the cars they own.

However one thing is correct, I am currently looking for a BMW Z3, Z3M, or Z3Coupe. I have responded to a few people on here asking about the cars they have for sale, Zhatch and tmoua328 being two of them

Secondly your car would have been pretty close to what I am looking for, a car that was well taken car of, lower mileage, and a very decent price. I see you live in MN which for me would have been advantageous for me being in Canada.

Thirdly, Where I wanted you to open a PayPal account. I would not sell a car using this type of deal, so I would NOT ask anyone to do the same.

Also, not sure why you think the avatar photo sucks.... but I guess maybe I should update it...but ask for your 'blessing' before I use it. << sarcasm >>

Seriously, I am not happy my reputation and name is being beaten about like this.

If you want to take this discussion further, please send me a PM, I will send you my phone number and we can discuss, as I would like to know what and how my name is being used for this alleged scam.

Thanks,

Last edited by Bucko521; 07-11-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:10 AM

Mein Auto: 01 Z3, 06 997, 06 X5
I have had this, asking to open a PAY Pal account thing happen a few times...I still can't figure out this this would work?
Any one have a clue?
Old 07-11-2013, 08:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 Z4 3.0 manual
I found a similar scam on a craigslist ad. There was a Z4 being advertised on the east coast for a ridiculously low price. The seller was out of the country and wanted me to deposit the money into an ebay account. The car was to be shipped to me and once I tested the car, I could release the funds to him. Funny thing that one of the pictures had a navigation screen short of the west coast. I asked for the opportunity to see the car, and he responded with "road blocks." I did a search on ebay and craigslist and found that this was a scam. About a week later I found the exact craigslist posting in Arkansas.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:26 AM

Relax. Nobody is trashing your reputation. I received an e-mail and a text on June 10th from someone identifying themselves as you and using your avatar in their correspondence. I appreciate your response to this although a time lapse of one month since my post allowed myself and perhaps others to wonder. I also called AutoTrader that same day to report this attempted fraud. The Fraud department told me that they had received a dozen or so calls in the past week using the same ID and approach with other sellers. My purpose in the post was to inquire as to whether someone knew you, no response, and alert others to the scam. Sorry if someone is using your identity to try to pull off a fraud, but you need to get angry with them and put a stop to someone using your identity. Also, you might want to respond more quickly than 30 days if you feel you are being unfairly represented.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 Z4, 2001 Z3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRoaadster2000 View Post
Relax. Nobody is trashing your reputation. I received an e-mail and a text on June 10th from someone identifying themselves as you and using your avatar in their correspondence. I appreciate your response to this although a time lapse of one month since my post allowed myself and perhaps others to wonder. I also called AutoTrader that same day to report this attempted fraud. The Fraud department told me that they had received a dozen or so calls in the past week using the same ID and approach with other sellers. My purpose in the post was to inquire as to whether someone knew you, no response, and alert others to the scam. Sorry if someone is using your identity to try to pull off a fraud, but you need to get angry with them and put a stop to someone using your identity. Also, you might want to respond more quickly than 30 days if you feel you are being unfairly represented.
Thanks for the update.

I missed this thread earlier as I was looking at the post headers for cars for sale or items related to Z4's ( I own one).

But looking earlier today I seen a thread related to car buying fraud and wanted to check if any cars I was interested in might be a 'scam'. My search on the word scam brought this thread to my attention.

So yes, I was very surprised to see my username associated with a potential scam. It is really hard to fix a tarnished reputation, and I wanted to defend myself.

I accept your apology...thankfully you were not enticed by this scammer, and I hope nobody else has been.

p.s.

I will update my avatar and I have changed my passwords on this forum as well as other sites such as ZPost, Z4-Forum, etc that I also use the same username.

I am also contacting Autotrader to see what if anything I need or can do related to this scam.

Have a great day.