Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 06-11-2013, 12:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
In the Market for a 2001 X5

I am thinking about buying a 2001 3.0l X5 with 223,425 miles. Am I crazy? I have driven a 1998 Mercedes ML320 for the past few years.
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Propellers Up Front

Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
Not crazy.
Usually you hear do your homework before making purchases like this,
in this case it's along the lines of a research paper.
Gotta check everything, ensure maintenance history is up to par.
At that mileage about everything thing that can possibly be changed should have been changed already.
In other words the list of items changed is probably longer than the list of items not changed.

And in a vehicle like this we're talking even the drivers seat. There could be some serious wear so it may or probably needs to be changed.
These vehicles last very long when taken care of.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Besessen Deutsch Autos

Mein Auto: 2006 X5 3.0
In the Market for a 2001 X5

if it was the v8 i would think you were. but bmws i6 is great. everything bor said and definitely check if the pcv system has been replaced or if known when replaced. if you cant get maint history or any proof or receipts anything like that i would say leave that alone. I'm sure there are plenty x5s on the market. i see em everywhere and i hear people who regret selling theirs too

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

06 X5 3.0 Toledo Blue Metallic/Light Beige 2:
Adaptive Xenon Headlamps, Panoramic Sunroof, Rear Sunshades,
+Factory Aux Input in Ashtray, Bluetooth, Rear PDC Sensors, Rear Electronic Adjustable Seat Backs,
+White Angel Eye LEDs, +5000k LED H11 Foglights, +Blacked Out Chrome Grill Surround, +Puddle Light Logo Projector
.. more updates to come

PREVIOUS 2002 745i