Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-14-2013, 10:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i xDrive
Hellst XRT's vs. LUX h8 v4

Im planing to purchase LED bulbs for a 2011 328Xi i recently purchased. I've narrowed it down to the two LED bulbs;

Hellst XRT's (http://www.bimmereyes.com/Home_Page.php)

--or--

LUX h8 v4 (http://luxangeleyes.com/products/lux-h8-v4)

I've seen great reviews on both LED sets, but the LUX h8's are about 2x the cost of the Hellst XRT's. Anyone have some personal experience with the two LED sets or know what the big difference? Is dishing out the extra $100+ for the LUX h8 v4s?

Before yelling at me saying this is repetitive, I recall a thread in the forum comparing all LED bulbs, but i cant seem to find it anymore. Any help would help.
Ads by Google
Old 06-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
well one difference is the bimmereyes are from canada and the LUX are from USA
Old 06-14-2013, 11:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo402000 View Post
well one difference is the bimmereyes are from canada and the LUX are from USA
Thanks. BUt I was thinking performance details.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:03 PM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
here is a sample shot of our newest angel eye from DTEC

Old 06-24-2013, 05:15 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW 128i Cabriolet
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbKosBMW11 View Post
Im planing to purchase LED bulbs for a 2011 328Xi i recently purchased. I've narrowed it down to the two LED bulbs;

Hellst XRT's (http://www.bimmereyes.com/Home_Page.php)

--or--

LUX h8 v4 (http://luxangeleyes.com/products/lux-h8-v4)

I've seen great reviews on both LED sets, but the LUX h8's are about 2x the cost of the Hellst XRT's. Anyone have some personal experience with the two LED sets or know what the big difference? Is dishing out the extra $100+ for the LUX h8 v4s?

Before yelling at me saying this is repetitive, I recall a thread in the forum comparing all LED bulbs, but i cant seem to find it anymore. Any help would help.

With the LUX H8 V4 you can adjust the color temperature, but frankly the 6500 K that Hellst XRTs deliver is what most BMW owners are looking for to match their xenon headlights. With Hellst XRTs you get a two year warranty vs. LUX's one year warranty. The LED's used in Hellst XRTs are the brightest that CREE manufactures for automotive applications. Hellst have priced their LED's pretty aggressively considering the high quality and high level of brightness they offer. For $145/set it is the best value for your money. Here is a link to a U.S. customer that ordered them for his X5M complete with photos.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ghlight=hellst

Also, BimmerEyes Inc. offers the best customer service in the industry with our no questions asked warranty coverage...plus we pay for the shipping both to and from our facility if ever a warranty claim is made.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ross
BimmerEyes Inc.
www.bimmereyes.com
Old 09-20-2013, 11:33 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW 128i Cabriolet
Here is an excerpt from an email that we received from a customer that returned his LUX V4 and replaced them with the Hellst XRT's.

"I have had my (Hellst XRT) angel eyes installed for a few weeks. I am very happy with the look and I actually returned the Lux V4's for them. My issue with the Lux was their color adjustable feature. In my opinion, I think their color temperature adjustable feature using blue LEDs caused hot spots that looked really bad, and this also caused the rings to be different colors. The lights only looked ok with them set to pure white, which did not look right either. In my opinion, it was certainly not worth the price they were charging for a mediocre product. I still got the errors with their kit, but when the errors would show up, the angel eyes would turn off completely. A half functional product for me, was a deal breaker."

At $145/set the Hellst XRT's are the best value in the market with a 2 year warranty and the brightest CREE LED's for automotive applications. www.bimmereyes.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hellst 100.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	397883