Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-25-2013, 06:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X3 35i M Sport
Does BMW Assist working in '14s??

BMW assist is not working for me yet...anyone with a 2014 have assist working? specifically the ability to send map address from google?
Old 04-25-2013, 07:10 AM

Mein Auto: X3
I have been waiting since April 10 to get my "database loaded". It seems to be hit or miss with some saying it's working for them. The Assist people are to contact me when it's ready to be tested. And specifically I want to test out the google feature!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimsan View Post
I have been waiting since April 10 to get my "database loaded". It seems to be hit or miss with some saying it's working for them. The Assist people are to contact me when it's ready to be tested. And specifically I want to test out the google feature!
the google feature is great. dissppointed it's not working but it's a trade off.i can wait a bit
Old 04-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3 35i
Works for us, just hit the SOS button and the lady came on and went over everything with us. Sorry to hear this.

Does the google feature and the internet only work when you subscribe to the concierge service ??
2014 x3 35i - Bronze Metallic - Mojave Leather - Fineline Wave Trim - Cold Weather Pkg - Drivers Assistance Pkg w/ Top View Camera - Dynamic Handling Pkg - Premium Pkg - Technology Pkg - 309 Style Rims - X-Line Trim Pkg - Aluminum Roof Rails - Window Shades - Auto High Beams - Premium Sound.

2013 Ram 3500 - Laramie Limited Mega Cab w/ Cummins Diesel and Aisin Transmision
Old 04-25-2013, 07:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328 xDrive

No. Google maps work with BMW assist. Concierge is not required.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-25-2013, 09:52 AM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i-M Space Grey
I took delivery of my '14 last week. BMW assist works perfectly here.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:13 AM

Mein Auto: X3 28i
Works fine for me. Used the SOS button to complete the process today.
2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades
Old 04-25-2013, 11:25 AM

BMW USA is telling me technically Assist works for emergency and the such BUT sending google map address to my 2014 is NOT working until after July (they hope). Does anyone with a 2014 know for a fact that they have successfully used google maps to send data to car?
thanks
scott
Old 04-25-2013, 12:23 PM

Mein Auto: X3 35i
I will have to check tonight, now u have me wondering
2014 x3 35i - Bronze Metallic - Mojave Leather - Fineline Wave Trim - Cold Weather Pkg - Drivers Assistance Pkg w/ Top View Camera - Dynamic Handling Pkg - Premium Pkg - Technology Pkg - 309 Style Rims - X-Line Trim Pkg - Aluminum Roof Rails - Window Shades - Auto High Beams - Premium Sound.

2013 Ram 3500 - Laramie Limited Mega Cab w/ Cummins Diesel and Aisin Transmision
Old 04-25-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
BMW USA is telling me technically Assist works for emergency and the such BUT sending google map address to my 2014 is NOT working until after July (they hope). Does anyone with a 2014 know for a fact that they have successfully used google maps to send data to car?
thanks
scott
No, the only thing that does not work until july is in-car internet browsing. All other functions like traffic, weather, seach, etc work fine. Outside the car, the google send to car function works (and I have used it several times). In google maps, you select the send to car, set it to bmw, then use the email address that you registered bmw assist with.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post
No, the only thing that does not work until july is in-car internet browsing. All other functions like traffic, weather, seach, etc work fine. Outside the car, the google send to car function works (and I have used it several times). In google maps, you select the send to car, set it to bmw, then use the email address that you registered bmw assist with.
What else is coming in July?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
What else is coming in July?
Just internet browsing via idrive, that is only thing not working presently for me.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I have BMW Assist Supervisor on the phone. they are aware that few 2014 are working but on the whole there is an issue with package mismatch codes on majority of 2014 X3...he gave me his personal extension and took mine...promised to get back to me when he hears of a fix. says he has talked to other 2014 owners with similar problems. I hope it gets resolved sooner rather than later. the google maps send to car is an awesome feature that I used daily.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:46 PM

Well guess I got lucky then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
I have BMW Assist Supervisor on the phone. they are aware that few 2014 are working but on the whole there is an issue with package mismatch codes on majority of 2014 X3...he gave me his personal extension and took mine...promised to get back to me when he hears of a fix. says he has talked to other 2014 owners with similar problems. I hope it gets resolved sooner rather than later. the google maps send to car is an awesome feature that I used daily.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 Msport
Not working on mine.
2014 X3 35i. Vermillion Red Metallic, Leather Nevada Mojave, Fineline Wave Wood, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package with Top View, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Rear Manual Side Window Shades (for my new little baby girl )

Retired 2008 335 xi
Old 04-26-2013, 04:03 PM

Mein Auto: X3 28i

I used the google maps address send in the BMW app and it worked fine.

2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades
Old 04-26-2013, 07:40 PM

besides assist not working, my satellite radio is also not working (you get 1 year free with the tech package). Is it working for anyone else?
2014 X3 35i. Vermillion Red Metallic, Leather Nevada Mojave, Fineline Wave Wood, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package with Top View, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Rear Manual Side Window Shades (for my new little baby girl )

Retired 2008 335 xi
Old 04-26-2013, 07:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavage View Post
besides assist not working, my satellite radio is also not working (you get 1 year free with the tech package). Is it working for anyone else?
Yes, it is working for me. 183 channels.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Bimmer App
2014 X3 28i[/B] - Alpine White with Black Nevada Leather - Fineline Wave wood - Premium - M Sport - Lighting - Dynamic Handling - Driver Assistance with Top View - Navigation - High gloss Roof rails - Shadowline
Old 04-26-2013, 07:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Sat radio in 2014 is part of the premium package, not tech, but looks like you have premium based on your sig. You should call your CA.

Last edited by JC2135; 04-26-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:51 PM

yes, I'm sorry, I meant premium package.

My CA has not been much help with the issue. I dont believe it is because he doesn't care, but rather he is inexperienced. He used to work for the Mini branch of the dealership and just got moved up to the BMW side. Unfortunately I do not think they trained him very well.

Retired 2008 335 xi

Last edited by bsavage; 04-26-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
satellite radio works for me. all the in car apps. news feed, gas, weather all seem to work. I just can't send maps via google to the car.
for the satelite issue, I had initially problems activating and getting the signal to stay. the problem turned out to be the keys. I had both keys on me when activating the sirius signal for the first time. then i had only 1 key the next time and no satellite radio. called Sirius listner car, sent another signal and now it using only 1 key on my person at at time, the signal has stayed.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Did you call and set it up? This is outside of BMW's hands and due to some privacy thing or something, it is up to you to call Sirius to turn it on. They will know by the ESN you give them that you get one free year.

If you have already done it and it still is not working, turn on your sirius radio where it has good reception, then call sirius and have them resend your activation.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Did you call and set it up? This is outside of BMW's hands and due to some privacy thing or something, it is up to you to call Sirius to turn it on. They will know by the ESN you give them that you get one free year.

If you have already done it and it still is not working, turn on your sirius radio where it has good reception, then call sirius and have them resend your activation.

No I did not know I needed to call Sirius to turn it on. I was not told that by my dealership. Where you given paperwork when you picked up the car about setting up Sirius? what number do I need to call and what information do I need to have to have them activate it?

Retired 2008 335 xi
Old 04-27-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
No I did not know I needed to call Sirius to turn it on. I was not told that by my dealership. Where you given paperwork when you picked up the car about setting up Sirius? what number do I need to call and what information do I need to have to have them activate it?
When I callled Sirius they asked for thenVin #. And conf the ESN # too. First station set was Howard 100
Next preset was HUD on/off.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:59 AM

What is the ESN #? Did you just call the general Sirius number?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Retired 2008 335 xi