Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-26-2013, 06:33 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
ftfy
You do realize that Congress has an 18% approval rating? Probably shouldn't be using anything they publish

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
You young posers. I go back to USENET and uucp, way back before there was an "internet". Ops had to re-compile the routing table (we were connected through UC Berkeley) weekly when sites were added. Probably a couple posts from me somewhere in groups.google but I can't remember my alias then.
What are you one of those punch card babies? Just remember, all of your hard work is for some idiot to do this

How do those momentous years feel now? Unlike you, I spent my youth playing games and Log-writer, and Oregon Trail. No duck face can mess with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Thank you. This is the time I was referring to, when "Internet" was not generally mistaken for "HTTP/World Wide Web;" when its purpose was still primarily to aid collaboration between R&D campuses of all stripes; when access to it was nigh impossible unless you worked for the US Government (.gov/.mil), a college/university (.edu) or a large(-ish) corporation (.com/.net/.org). (For that matter, the Internet (as ARPANET) predates the Domain Name System by many years.)

[Imagine a "Get off my lawn!" animated GIF here.]
I always knew you were dirt old, but man!
I remember the Mozilla book an studying HTML. Boy, those were the boring days

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:39 AM
Bad Lieutenant

Mein Auto: S65B40 Powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You do realize that Congress has an 18% approval rating? Probably shouldn't be using anything they publish

What are you one of those punch card babies? Just remember, all of your hard work is for some idiot to do this
Sad, but true (to both)
Old 07-26-2013, 07:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330xi
Quote:

How do those momentous years feel now? Unlike you, I spent my youth playing games and Log-writer, and Oregon Trail. No duck face can mess with that!

I always knew you were dirt old, but man!
I remember the Mozilla book an studying HTML. Boy, those were the boring days
I spent my youth coding and playing games as well. Nothing like spending your childhood doing something you'll be doing when you're an adult.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:15 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
I always knew that computers were my thing. While being an astronaut would have been cool, I didn't aspire for that. While being a firefighter would be cool, I didn't aspired for that. I just loved computers too much. In college I realized that programming was not for me. But, I still loved computers. Now I am a program manager in software development

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330xi
Quote:
I always knew that computers were my thing. While being an astronaut would have been cool, I didn't aspire for that. While being a firefighter would be cool, I didn't aspired for that. I just loved computers too much. In college I realized that programming was not for me. But, I still loved computers. Now I am a program manager in software development
Well you know, that's uh, kind of following your dream. You're still there in the end.

And that's all that matters.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:29 AM
New Guy

Mein Auto: 2009 328i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiHoTTo115 View Post
I spent my youth coding and playing games as well. Nothing like spending your childhood doing something you'll be doing when you're an adult.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Livin' like Larry!

Mein Auto: 2007 328XiT; 2008 328 CiC
Good to see y'all are having a good time with the Top Tier Gas topic...
Old 08-05-2013, 06:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 335is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemill View Post
About six months ago I'm commuting home in my C5 Corvette- and the instrument message center says, pull over- no fuel- situaton critiacal. Just a few miles prior to that I had checked the guage, and it had read 3/8 full.

That evening I searched every thread on all the Corvette forums, and found that if you use cheap gas, this will happen to your car, and to fix it, get some Techron, or run a tank of Top Tier through it. I knew of a Shell Station close to my home so i did that early the next day. About 2 miles from the station where I filled I topped it off at, the needle awoke, and all has been fine ever since. I will run a 20 oz. bottle of Techron through every oil change which is about 5,000 miles. All my best wrenches swear by it!

Good to know that Exxon has made the list, but I'm not sure if we have any left in the Boston area.

Last time I saw the top tier list, Sunoco Canada made the list but not Sunoco. Shell is the only one we can get! Top Tier used to be Known as the BMW Standard.

Best,

Bluemill