Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-17-2013, 01:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 750i Xdrive
Just Sharing - Amazing experience and handling

So i have owned my 09 335i Cabriolet since sept 2012 but never really enjoyed it as much as i did today! Yes i have driven fast here and there in straight lines to reach speeds of over 200km/h and some lane changing at high speeds but that was about it. Nothing extremely major.
I think i am a pretty safe driver for the most part and dont do much crazy stuff on a regular basis.

However, today i went for a drive to forks of the credit road in Caledon, ON at around 1:00am where the speed limit is mostly around 50km/h. Pitch black wet (due to prior rain) road apart from the lighting from my car, not many bumps, top down, covered with trees (forest area), some fog that looks beautiful without affecting visibility.

Although I had not planned on driving crazy, towards the end of the drive, my car and the atmosphere started to take control of my mind. As i hit the end, i decided to take a U-turn and enjoy my way back without being logical and just "live free" as cliche as it sounds.

I am so happy that I made this decision. The way back was an epic driving experience with multiple steep hills, sharp corners, and of course the speed and driving capabilities of the 335i. The adrenaline rush of controlling the car at that speed with the hills and curves was beyond amazing for me. I realized the potential of my car today and how well it handles. Reminded me of all those people who always told me that your car will skid out just cuz its a rear wheel drive with lots of power. I downshifted wherever i cud and enjoyed the sharp turns at higher speeds expecting the car to skid (at least because the road was a little wet) but it did not! The only time i felt a little skid was when i went fast over the first hill, car was air bounded (or at least it felt like it was off the road) and i turned the steering wheel just slightly out of fear. The rest was just pure feeling of joy! It was an ultimate driving experience for me in the ultimate driving machine.
I think i am hooked to BMW's now!

Although the above may sound very immature to many, it was the whole point for me. I let loose and went with my guts and trusted the car. I just wanted to enjoy it properly for once.

P.s. i am still a newbie to nicer/sportier cars and forums so my apologies for anything inappropriate or if you felt like this was a waste of your time. I like sharing and dislike blogs so i shared here cuz I am here reading and learning random stuff everyday from all you people.

Here is a link of my route:
https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Mi...via=1&t=m&z=12

and a video from youtube:

Last edited by shasayed; 06-17-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2013, 04:30 AM
1 Converted Addict

Mein Auto: 135i M-Sport 6mt Cabrio
Trust is a good thing, nice story

PSS|PPK|PE|LUX H8 V4's|CDV Delete|
Old 06-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by shasayed View Post
I just wanted to enjoy it properly for once.

You can have much, much more.....
Old 06-17-2013, 09:53 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 750i Xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
CALWATERBOY, lol...that is a little too much more i have to repaint my calipers soon and i dont even know how to do that. sad but true