Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 07-15-2013, 11:59 AM

Mein Auto: VW
Help me decide please

Planning to buy a 2014 BMW X3 28i. PCD Build option at Spartanburg:

Quick Poll for 2 questions:

1) Vermillion Red/Sand beige combo OR Deep Blue Sea Metallic/Sand Biege combo ?
2) Beige Leather or Beige Leatherette?

Thanks,
Matthews
Ads by Google
Old 07-15-2013, 01:30 PM
On our 2nd Alpine X

Mein Auto: 06 X3/2010 MCSC
Can't help you. They are both beautiful combos. Flip a coin.

Definitely get leather.
GONE>>>Sold. One of the best rides I ever owned. My 1st BMW-2006 X3 3.0 White w/blk. Prem/Nav/Sirius/Servo/Heated seats,steering/Park Dist./Xenon/Privacy.I got the auto. trans. so my wife can drive it.
Our 2nd Bimmer2014 X3 i35 Alpine/Chestnut. Nav,Prem,Tech,Cold Weather, Shades. Got the Automatic cause we had no choice
My 1st Mini-2010 PW, I got the 6 speed so my wife can't drive it. Laurel Edition Convert
Old 07-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X3 35i M Sport
Deep Blue Sea Metallic/Sand Biege
Def Leather
Old 07-15-2013, 03:23 PM

Mein Auto: Moto Guzzi
Help me decide please

FWIW. Never liked the tan rugs even though I like light seats. I would stick with Mojave, Oyster or Chestnut as they have dark rugs. I think they look better with use. Best of luck!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Old 07-15-2013, 03:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Leather looks better initially. But if you want to keep the car for a long time, leatherette is the better choice in my opinion.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:41 PM

Mein Auto: Z3 & X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatBMW View Post

1) Vermillion Red/Sand beige combo OR Deep Blue Sea Metallic/Sand Biege combo ?
This weekend I bought a vermillion red with black leather interior and the dark wood trim. The car is gorgeous and, IMO, very elegant. I think this color scheme is perfect for a big SUV luxury vehicle.

On the other hand, my Z3 is Blue with beige interior and tan roof. The Z3 is not a luxury vehicle and I think a lighter color scheme is more suited to a small sports car.

I don't think reversing the colors would be as nice as I have seen both vehicles with both color schemes. In other words, some colors are more appropriate for small sporty cars like the Z3 and others more appropriate for a bigger luxury vehicle.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3
1. I prefer the Blue/beige combination. If I were getting the red exterior, it would be with a different interior color.

2. I never saw an X3 that didn't have the Premium Package. I'd say get the Premium Package and therefore leather.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:04 PM
SD_Bimmer

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 , 2008 328i Sedan
red with beige leather loo.ks really hot, one of my friends got one a few months ago
Old 07-17-2013, 09:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 xDrive28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbiology View Post
Leather looks better initially. But if you want to keep the car for a long time, leatherette is the better choice in my opinion.
Great advice. After 3 years of regular use, my 330xi leather seats were showing some pretty obvious wear marks in the driver's seat and backrest. As it is nearly impossible to evenly distribute the wear patterns of the seats, it becomes unsightly in my opinion.

As I'm planning on driving my X3 for at least 10 years, I went with the leatherette.