Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi
Question missfiring 328xi 07 ?

My car in the morning when its cold it shakes a little, rpms go up from .5 to 1K but then after I drive it nd it warms up it slows down and becomes a little shake every couple minutes. I've changed the spark plugs on it and I heard it might be egnition coils.. Anybody help please?

Also any source for tires+rims and smoked tailights would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot for your help
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideForeign View Post
My car in the morning when its cold it shakes a little, rpms go up from .5 to 1K but then after I drive it nd it warms up it slows down and becomes a little shake every couple minutes. I've changed the spark plugs on it and I heard it might be egnition coils.. Anybody help please?

Also any source for tires+rims and smoked tailights would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot for your help

Read stored codes - if you stick around awhile and read posts, you'll have a much better idea what to do. Your problem now is that based on info provided, there's not much of a recommendation to make - anything's a shot in the dark.

Code reading to begin diagnosis is a recommendation made at least daily here....you'll see as you get to know the forum and your car.

www.tirerack.com

Smoke wut? Yo ese, don' got no smoke....
Old 06-20-2013, 03:59 AM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi
I am looking for a diagnostics cable but unfortunately the one I ordered online didn't work at the software for it all messed up, if yu have any reference for a good diagnostics cable for my 328xi E90 then ill go for it nd buy it. Thanks for the help
Old 06-20-2013, 05:01 AM

Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
My 07 335I misses a couple of times, not every morning and can be cold morning or a hot afternoon, but It doesnt shake nor does the tach oscillate 500 rpms up and down

not sure why it does it, maybe I need to have the intake walnut blasted, maybe a coil pack is misfiring on occasion, maybe the spark plugs need to be changed, could be injector issue, could be computer related

but until it gets worse I think I will not touch anything
Old 06-20-2013, 05:31 AM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
RideForeign, the number one cause of rough, loping idle on cold start is a dirty throttle body. Very easy DIY fix costing under ten bucks. Google it.
Remove the intake tube and look inside at the throttle plate along the edges where it contacts the bore. Dirty, isn't it? That screws up the air flow so that at low volumes the A/F sensors working with the idle air control system can't regulate smoothly.
[Gotta ask, do you have one of those 'lifetime' air filters installed?]

Edit: Cal, this won't set a code and unless you have a fairly advanced scanner the evidence is hard to discern. It's experience that wins the day here.

Last edited by DSXMachina; 06-20-2013 at 05:34 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
RideForeign, the number one cause of rough, loping idle on cold start is a dirty throttle body. Very easy DIY fix costing under ten bucks. Google it.
Remove the intake tube and look inside at the throttle plate along the edges where it contacts the bore. Dirty, isn't it? That screws up the air flow so that at low volumes the A/F sensors working with the idle air control system can't regulate smoothly.
[Gotta ask, do you have one of those 'lifetime' air filters installed?]

Edit: Cal, this won't set a code and unless you have a fairly advanced scanner the evidence is hard to discern. It's experience that wins the day here.

Yes. Excellent. Tip-top!

See OP, it is the lack of code[s] that points to the issue here. But without, say, what's referenced in the link in my post above, or a GT1, you may not be able to resolve that.