Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 06-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
The latest must have M-accessory: M License Plate Frame

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

BMW M Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame

BMW is pleased to announce new M branded license plate frames for the driving enthusiast. These high-quality frames are sure to excite all fans of the Ultimate Driving Machine. Perfect as a gift or even to treat yourself, these frames deliver the quality and prestige a BMW owner demand.

Yes, you read that right. BMW has officially announced that M now stands for Marketing. To be fair this might not be as bad as the M bicycle they rolled out a few years ago. Read on for more exciting M performance enhancing features of the new license plate frame.
  • Complete the look of BMW M Performance equipped vehicles with this license plate frame.
  • This REAL Carbon Fiber license plate frame is hand-finished and hand-cured.
  • Sealed in automotive grade UV-resistant polyurethane to prevent yellowing.
  • Extremely strong and lightweight - the hallmark of Carbon Fiber.
  • Tested on the famed Nurburgring Nordschleife.
  • The frame comes complete with matching mounting hardware-hiders to complete the look.
  • Makes a great finishing piece for owners of the Carbon Interior Kit or Carbon Rear Spoiler
  • Powered by M License Plate is made from anodized stainless steel for excellent looks and longevity.

I made one of those up, post your guess below.

BMW Powered by M Stainless Steel License Plate Frame

All joking aside it is a good looking license plate frame. I just wish they wouldn't over sell it as some amazing BMW M inspired product. For those that are thinking about one here are the P/Ns and pricing.

New M Performance License Plate Frames Pricing
  • M Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame - P/N 82 11 2 348 413 - MSRP $110
  • Powered by M Stainless Steel License Plate Frame - P/N 82 11 2 348 414 - MSRP $60

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-M-Carbon-Fiber-License-Plate-Frame.jpg
Views:	2261
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	382973   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-Powered-by-M-Stainless-Steel-License-Plate-Frame.jpg
Views:	1624
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	382974  

This article has been viewed 4448 times.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E83 X3 and E70 X5
They tested it at the 'ring? wow... therefore $110 = 2 extra horsepower!! hey
Old 06-21-2013, 04:45 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
BMW M Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame

BMW is pleased to announce new M branded license plate frames for the driving enthusiast. These high-quality frames are sure to excite all fans of the Ultimate Driving Machine. Perfect as a gift or even to treat yourself, these frames deliver the quality and prestige a BMW owner demand.

Yes, you read that right. BMW has officially announced that M now stands for Marketing. To be fair this might not be as bad as the M bicycle they rolled out a few years ago. Read on for more exciting M performance enhancing features of the new license plate frame.
  • Complete the look of BMW M Performance equipped vehicles with this license plate frame.
  • This REAL Carbon Fiber license plate frame is hand-finished and hand-cured.
  • Sealed in automotive grade UV-resistant polyurethane to prevent yellowing.
  • Extremely strong and lightweight - the hallmark of Carbon Fiber.
  • Tested on the famed Nurburgring Nordschleife.
  • The frame comes complete with matching mounting hardware-hiders to complete the look.
  • Makes a great finishing piece for owners of the Carbon Interior Kit or Carbon Rear Spoiler