Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-22-2013, 06:59 AM
Averdi's Avatar
Averdi Averdi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 272
Mein Auto: BMW 325i 2006
Weird transmission possible problem?

When I really step on the gas and the car goes to 6 revs...sometimes it slowly goes down to 5 then 4 then 3 then 2 ect. It doesn't just shift down it just slowly revs down. And this is NOT every time. Any have any ideas? I am getting my septic belt changed i don't know of that has anything to do with it? Thanks


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2006 325i
Red intake scoops, Red taillights, Red calipers, M3 rep wheels, M bumper, 28% tints, 6000k Angels & Fog lights, clear cornered headlights, Black and White emblems, Smoked side markers
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 06-22-2013, 07:01 AM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,009
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averdi View Post
When I really step on the gas and the car goes to 6 revs...sometimes it slowly goes down to 5 then 4 then 3 then 2 ect. It doesn't just shift down it just slowly revs down. And this is NOT every time. Any have any ideas? I am getting my septic belt changed i don't know of that has anything to do with it? Thanks

If you're at 6 revs you have a major issue. Or did you mean 6000? Ummmm....what do you mean?

I have a septic tank, but don't think I have a septic belt....??
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Averdi's Avatar
Averdi Averdi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 272
Mein Auto: BMW 325i 2006
Weird transmission possible problem?

I'm sorry I'm a noob with all of this. One of the belts. It has to be changed because it smokes and smells like burnt rubber. And yes 6,000 revs.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2006 325i
Red intake scoops, Red taillights, Red calipers, M3 rep wheels, M bumper, 28% tints, 6000k Angels & Fog lights, clear cornered headlights, Black and White emblems, Smoked side markers
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-22-2013, 07:10 AM
Averdi's Avatar
Averdi Averdi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 272
Mein Auto: BMW 325i 2006
Weird transmission possible problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
If you're at 6 revs you have a major issue. Or did you mean 6000? Ummmm....what do you mean?

I have a septic tank, but don't think I have a septic belt....??
And usually if you were to go to 6,000 revs it and you let go of the gas it would shift down to 2,000-3,000 revs but mine goes very slowly from 6,000-5,000-4,000 like that


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2006 325i
Red intake scoops, Red taillights, Red calipers, M3 rep wheels, M bumper, 28% tints, 6000k Angels & Fog lights, clear cornered headlights, Black and White emblems, Smoked side markers
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-22-2013, 07:47 AM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,009
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averdi View Post
I'm sorry I'm a noob with all of this. One of the belts. It has to be changed because it smokes and smells like burnt rubber. And yes 6,000 revs.

What's the mileage? Likely belt tension needs adj.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-22-2013, 07:48 AM
Averdi's Avatar
Averdi Averdi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 272
Mein Auto: BMW 325i 2006
Weird transmission possible problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
What's the mileage? Likely belt tension needs adj.
87k , any suggestions? You always seem to know


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2006 325i
Red intake scoops, Red taillights, Red calipers, M3 rep wheels, M bumper, 28% tints, 6000k Angels & Fog lights, clear cornered headlights, Black and White emblems, Smoked side markers
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-22-2013, 07:51 AM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,009
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averdi View Post
And usually if you were to go to 6,000 revs it and you let go of the gas it would shift down to 2,000-3,000 revs but mine goes very slowly from 6,000-5,000-4,000 like that

Sooo...does it downshift easily? But does not upshift from high RPM?

First things first: check codes. Then, you'll know how to proceed. No, inexpensive code readers and free code readings won't read BMW proprietary codes.

Poss tranny flush time, maybe rebuild kit for sticky valves. Ain't rocket science....tranny pan + filter comes off; vavle body unbolted for work. Reverse w/cleaned or new filter.

.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 06-22-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-22-2013, 07:55 AM
Averdi's Avatar
Averdi Averdi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 272
Mein Auto: BMW 325i 2006
Weird transmission possible problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Sooo...does it downshift easily? But does not upshift from high RPM?

First things first: check codes. Then, you'll know how to proceed. No, inexpensive code readers and free code readings won't read BMW proprietary codes.

Poss tranny flush time, maybe rebuild kit for sticky valves.

.
Noo. It up shifts completely fine. No problem with that. it only happens at really high RPMs downshifting. It is a automatic. Like If I go to 6000 RPMs it slowly goes down and it's not every time only sometimes.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2006 325i
Red intake scoops, Red taillights, Red calipers, M3 rep wheels, M bumper, 28% tints, 6000k Angels & Fog lights, clear cornered headlights, Black and White emblems, Smoked side markers
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-22-2013, 07:59 AM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,009
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averdi View Post
Noo. It up shifts completely fine. No problem with that. it only happens at really high RPMs downshifting. It is a automatic. Like If I go to 6000 RPMs it slowly goes down and it's not every time only sometimes.

Try THIS

If no good, take your valve body out & correct. Don't know what tranny you have - Google for treasure trove o'info.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms