Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 06-23-2013, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 545i
Considering getting an M3

Ive had an e60 2004 545i for some time now and I'm thinking about getting a car to replace it somewhat soon. I've considered quite a few different BMW models and the thought of getting an e46 M3 has grown on me. Right now I'm trying to decide between an e46 M3 or an e90 335i sedan. On one hand I like the thought of having a more subtle looking sedan that still has pretty good performance, yet going for the M3 is a bit more exciting to imagine. I would plan on test driving an M3 before making the final decision as I haven't driven one ever but I would like to hear some thoughts about the car from you all first. I've driven a few BMW's in the past but no M models or anything similar performance wise so I'm new to this type of car other than what I've read.
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2013, 12:01 PM

Mein Auto: m3
The M3 is tight in the turns with little body roll and perky especially in sport mode. The newer gen 335 is similar in a straight line but there is a youtube vid comparing the two and it gave the checkered flag to the older m3. The e46 m3 will also be less costly and would be my choice provided you do the due diligence/ppi b/4 purchase. Have fun and good luck!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 M3
had a M3 and test drove a newer 335i. Theres no replacement for a M but you can get a car with the sport package that is closer. The 335i kinda drove soft but was a nice car to drive.