Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 06-23-2013, 08:01 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3/X5
BEST Bluetooth Receiver for X3

Dear Bimmers/Experts.

Recently I have purchased 2014 BMW X3 and guess what while submitting order my dealer didnot select Technology Package which has "Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration" nor suggested me.

When I received my car, found that I have bluetooth phone calling but dont have Music play.

I am very disappointed with whatever happened.

I need your help, I have purchased "Blackberry Music Gateway (latest Version) Bluetooth Music Receiver but I see output is low compared to Physical wire. I have to keep very high volume to listen songs also Bass and Treble is low.

Can you please suggest me excellent "Bluetooth Music Receiver" ???? I am sure others might have faced problem like me.

Thank you guys.
Ads by Google
Old 06-24-2013, 06:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Moto Guzzi

Why don't you add your music to a memory stick and simply plug into the center console USB port? My wife has several thousand songs and that way she just choices via IDrive.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Old 06-24-2013, 07:06 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 28i

You should not have taken delivery when the car did not have your requested packages.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-24-2013, 08:17 AM

@Bob: Memory stick is working fine but doesnt give flexibility if someone wants to play different songs than available on memory stick. As well as I cannot play Pandora/ online music etc.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:18 AM

@Rao: Dealer didnt suggest me that If I dont take Tech package I wont be able to play Songs via bluetooth.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:52 AM

Mein Auto: 325CIC, 335CIC
I use the BB music gateway in my car and it works great - level isn't an issue, but there is a setting to adjust the input level in idrive, have you tried that or do you not have idrive/nav also? Not sure if there is a way to adjust Aux input without idrive, in the older cars, the button with a music note on it would let you adjust the input level when on AUX, but seems that has changed on newer vehicles.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
I use the BB music gateway in my car and it works great - level isn't an issue, but there is a setting to adjust the input level in idrive, have you tried that or do you not have idrive/nav also? Not sure if there is a way to adjust Aux input without idrive, in the older cars, the button with a music note on it would let you adjust the input level when on AUX, but seems that has changed on newer vehicles.
I have tried this, I have option on iDrive, I have to increase Bass and Treble. If I switch from BB gateway to Car FM or Auxiliary cable sound comes almost doubles and Quality is excellent. I am lacking big time these all BB Gateway, no High/lows. Please suggest
Old 12-11-2013, 11:05 AM

Mein Auto: Nothing yet
Wanted to bump this thread. I too tried to use the Blackberry Music Gateway in order to stream audio without the enhanced bluetooth found in the tech package, but the sound quality is noticeably worse than directly connecting the phone via aux cable. The volume issues contribute to the poor sound quality because you have to turn the speakers all the way up to get the same output as directly connecting the phone.

Has anyone found a bluetooth streamer that does not sacrifice sound quality over good speakers (HK upgrade)?

I'm using a Droid 4 and the Blackberry Music Gateway on a 2014 328i Sport Wagon

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 x3 3.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick2007 View Post
@Rao: Dealer didnt suggest me that If I dont take Tech package I wont be able to play Songs via bluetooth.
90% of salesmen at dealers know about 50% of thing in a BMW. I feel like doing a part-time job and helping out rich people
Old 12-11-2013, 08:49 PM

Mein Auto: Outback. Shopping for X3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterx5 View Post
90% of salesmen at dealers know about 50% of thing in a BMW. I feel like doing a part-time job and helping out rich people
Agree. It has taken me full spare time to read this forum in the past several days, and my hunch says that I'll spend more.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:35 AM

Mein Auto: 07 750Li e66
Re: BEST Bluetooth Receiver for X3

The Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit***160;has very good reviews. I've not purchased one myself to provide my own opinion.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009NL...dir_mdp_mobile

Sent from my SGH-T999 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 12-12-2013, 07:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X3 F25
I was in the same boat when my dealer told me that I could stream audio via Bluetooth so I didn't order the enhanced Bluetooth capabilities, and soon after getting the delivery of my car he told me that I need the other extra options in order to stream via bluetooth. In my scenario I had all the capabilities bulit in and all the hardware installed but just wasn't enabled by BMW so they can charge me extra.

See below on how I solved my problem.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=732888

Before you take this route, ensure you have the COMBOX.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:46 AM

Mein Auto: 07 750Li e66
Re: BEST Bluetooth Receiver for X3

Following up on the Bluetooth device I suggested above I went ahead and purchased it. This thing is awesome, I'm very impressed by how simple it was to set up (press a button) and the sound quality is great. Highly recommended.