Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 06-26-2013, 11:06 AM

Mein Auto: planning to buy a BMW
Cost to Own an X3

Hello Folks,

Who doesn't dream of having the ultimate driving machine...finally after many many months of dilly-dallying, I have made up my mind and to bite the bullet and get a pre-owned X3. Looking at pre-owned dealers in the Manchester Rd (Ballwin area).

Wanted advise, thoughts from members on what to watch out for, and get your views on how much does it cost to keep it serviced. I guess the old adage of "you can buy an elephant - that is easy; feeding the damn thing every day is a big deal" applies to any pre-owned BMW.
We all know how corporate America works...high margins on services to keep the books look better is a deterrent to go to any of these authorized BMW service centers, does anyone recommend a private mechanic?
Also, any indication of how much will a monthly servicing (regular wear and tear) cost for an X3?

Thanks folks!
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
First question, what year were you looking to buy? That will change the response answers....
Old 06-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Before the 4 years/50K warranty is up, there really isn't any additional fee to pay. After that, you may purchase extended warranty(expensive) or things like mechanical breakdown insurance(cheaper) from GEICO up to 7 years/100K. After that, no one really knows how much it will cost you. Personally I am willing to keep the car as long as the money I pay for repair/maintenance does not exceed my current monthly payment ( ~$600).

Consider lease a BMW if you don't drive much. You pay $400~$500 per month, and you always drive new cars that have free maintenance and repair. This doesn't work with me because I drive 30k miles per year -_-