Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-26-2013, 10:04 PM

Mein Auto: Navigator
Hpfp question

So i recently bought a 2009 335i. and i must say, I love the car! my first BMW, i dont think it will be my last. car has a clean carfax with all work done at the local dealership that originally sold it. i also bought it from them. car is up to date on everything.
Ive been reading and learing alot.. i see alot of questions regarding the HPFP. but didnt see my question answered.

Does the pump have to FAIL in order to have it replaced or can you request the pump to be replaced by the newer verion, because of the recall? thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 06-26-2013, 10:13 PM
wooohooo

Mein Auto: '08 335i coupe 6MT sport
Hi there. Glad you're enjoying it so much. If your HPFP is not up to date, they will probably just about force feed you to replace it when it's next there. I can only imagine that this work was already done for you however, and if there is any doubt whatsoever, contact them. No, you don't have to wait for a fail.

BTW, may I ask you a question: I remember you were talking about the very competitive price for a walnut shell blasting where you are. Could you possibly PM this info? I haven't been to your area in years, but I have a friend who recently moved there for work, I'm overdue for a little road trip, and am kind of crazy about maintenance at this point in time... Thank you.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemycar View Post
Hi there. Glad you're enjoying it so much. If your HPFP is not up to date, they will probably just about force feed you to replace it when it's next there. I can only imagine that this work was already done for you however, and if there is any doubt whatsoever, contact them. No, you don't have to wait for a fail.

BTW, may I ask you a question: I remember you were talking about the very competitive price for a walnut shell blasting where you are. Could you possibly PM this info? I haven't been to your area in years, but I have a friend who recently moved there for work, I'm overdue for a little road trip, and am kind of crazy about maintenance at this point in time... Thank you.
the carfax only shows that, all 6 injectors have been replaced 5k miles ago. but nothing about the fuel pump. I will call and ask tomorrow. THANKS
Old 06-26-2013, 10:40 PM
wooohooo

Mein Auto: '08 335i coupe 6MT sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonys87 View Post
the carfax only shows that, all 6 injectors have been replaced 5k miles ago. but nothing about the fuel pump. I will call and ask tomorrow. THANKS
No problem, sorry I couldn't help more. Thanks for the PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:40 PM

Pm sent
Old 06-27-2013, 02:20 PM

So I called the dealer. They said it was taken care of in 2011.