Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:20 PM
BMW Enthusiast

Mein Auto: 2004 745LI
Re: $30 for angel lights!? Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
People aren't dumb When you pay $30 for those bulbs, they don't have the proper drivers, heat sinks or components for long life and often the company is gone after they've sold them to you.

We have recently lowered our price on the VXX for this holiday week, so you can now get the VXX which is the brightest drop in available for $139.99 shipped!

for the Orion V2, please email us.
So what's the agreement umnitza with the orion v2

Sent from my SPH-L720 using BimmerApp mobile app

Old 07-03-2013, 07:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 745LI
Quote:
People aren't dumb When you pay $30 for those bulbs, they don't have the proper drivers, heat sinks or components for long life and often the company is gone after they've sold them to you.

We have recently lowered our price on the VXX for this holiday week, so you can now get the VXX which is the brightest drop in available for $139.99 shipped!

How can you go wrong with $20 bulbs tho, low risk high reward IMO. A few people on here have had them on for 2 years and still going.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:54 AM
BMW Enthusiast

Quote:

I think he's talking about the low beams not the Angel Eyes!

Old 07-03-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher745Li View Post
Indeed I was

Anyways I've done lots lots and lots of research and decided to get the mtec 2.1 angel lights....
I may be stupid but I like the 2.1's better... I'd rather get the 2.1 because I don't want them to be too bright.. I want them to look like angel lights, not so bright they are headlights..that's just my personal opinion..plus they are $50 cheaper, I can get me some new BMW emblems with that bc someone decided to steal mine smh
Old 07-03-2013, 10:55 AM
www.umnitza.com

Mein Auto: ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeam27 View Post
How can you go wrong with $20 bulbs tho, low risk high reward IMO. A few people on here have had them on for 2 years and still going.
You may simply be referring to high beam bulbs? $20 is below cost on many LED units that are quality.

Quote:

Quote:
Indeed I was

Anyways I've done lots lots and lots of research and decided to get the mtec 2.1 angel lights....
I may be stupid but I like the 2.1's better... I'd rather get the 2.1 because I don't want them to be too bright.. I want them to look like angel lights, not so bright they are headlights..that's just my personal opinion..plus they are $50 cheaper, I can get me some new BMW emblems with that bc someone decided to steal mine smh
There is absolutely nothing on the market that will make your angel eyes look like headlights, this is due to people's inability to properly photograph angel eyes and leads to misconceptions of actual brightness. Look on this forum for a lot of photos, you'll realize the 2.1 is barely visible in most circumstances except at night.

Quote:
So what's the agreement umnitza with the orion v2

Please email us info@umnitza.com
Old 07-03-2013, 01:28 PM

Thing is I don't really mind if you can't see them during the day as long as you can at night I'm good with it. I'm sure the 2.1 are still way better then my stock ones...day and night wise
Old 07-04-2013, 07:34 AM

Well if anyone cares I decided to get the mtec v3 ( yes I'm one undecided guy ) from Derek on E92 lighting. Good guy, didn't mind answering all my questions...so going from stock to the mtec V3 I'm sure will be a huge difference, can't wait!..also got some new Low beam bulbs from eBay for $15, lets see how they work ( crossing fingers )
Old 07-04-2013, 11:05 AM
BMW Enthusiast

Quote:
Well if anyone cares I decided to get the mtec v3 ( yes I'm one undecided guy ) from Derek on E92 lighting. Good guy, didn't mind answering all my questions...so going from stock to the mtec V3 I'm sure will be a huge difference, can't wait!..also got some new Low beam bulbs from eBay for $15, lets see how they work ( crossing fingers )
Cool your car will look great!

Old 07-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 750LI
Quote:
Of course Orion V2 is the best option out there but people is afraid of open their headlights!!!
I want to do it, so I can demonstrate that isn't hard at all...
I want to do the guide with steps and all required tools and post pictures at day and night!!
So Umnitza whats the agreement? I'm interested!!
Selliing your MTEC V3s yet?

Sport Package, Rear Entertainment Package, Comfort Access, Cold Weather Package, Smoking Package, L7 High Def Audio
Mods = Powdercoated 149s, Black hood vent and kidneys, LED lighting update, BMW puddle lights (all doors), custom coding by "Triple_O_Coding" (including VIM), updated navi DVD from "PAPER", 90C hybrid thermostat.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:45 AM

Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:

Hello Mate,

I am interested, can I place an order on your website?

I tried a couple of expensive brands on ebay, not really expensive 'they were about $100 the first brand worked for only one month, and the other one two months only

I want o make sure that it will really last a little bit since i am staying now in the Gulf region "Dubai-United Arab Emirates"

DO YOU GRANTEE THE QUALITY AND THE PERFORMANCE OF YOUR ANGELEYES IN 45C WEATHER!! If YES, GUIDE ME TO ORDER PLEASE..

I am wondering if you have also turning signal LEDssss for my E65
Old 07-09-2013, 09:36 AM
www.umnitza.com

We recommend our ICE VXX unit.
We can offer you free shipping even to Dubai if you order it on our site. Select the model for your car and mention "FREE BIMMERFEST SHIPPING" on the comments at check out. We'll refund your shipping cost the following day or same day if you use paypal.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:48 AM

Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
We recommend our ICE VXX unit.
We can offer you free shipping even to Dubai if you order it on our site. Select the model for your car and mention "FREE BIMMERFEST SHIPPING" on the comments at check out. We'll refund your shipping cost the following day or same day if you use paypal.
Could you send me a link of the Latest and brightest one you have so far for my E65

I just don't want to order the wrong one!

TX
Old 07-09-2013, 11:52 AM
www.umnitza.com

http://www.umnitza.com/umnitza-ice-v...wl-p-5863.html
Old 07-09-2013, 12:00 PM

Mein Auto: 05 745 LI, 05 Acura RL
Quote:
Those are brighter then MTec Version 3? I'm most interested in daylight visual.

22's, AC Schnitzer Kit, H&R Lowering Springs, Tinted tails and Signals, AC Schnitzer
Carbon Door Pillars, Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Tuner Mod, Tinted Windshield,
30% Tint all the way around, and some other stuff I forgot.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:01 PM
www.umnitza.com

They are brighter. Not something you can see on photos (those who take photos of lights will understand). But in real life they are brighter.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
They are brighter. Not something you can see on photos (those who take photos of lights will understand). But in real life they are brighter.
So when it says 15w power, thats total power, not 15w each light(side) correct? i think MTec is more no?

22's, AC Schnitzer Kit, H&R Lowering Springs, Tinted tails and Signals, AC Schnitzer
Carbon Door Pillars, Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Tuner Mod, Tinted Windshield,
Old 07-09-2013, 12:19 PM
www.umnitza.com

sorry, 15 PER bulb.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:31 PM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Bottom line is you won't have good daytime visibility with any plug and play LED bulb. The popular color temperature of most aftermarket bulbs is around 5000 K which is very close to the spectrum of sunlight at 5250 K. So that's why they get washed out.

If you want something you can clearly see in the daytime, you need to retrofit full LED rings but that requires opening the headlights.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 07-09-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdriller9 View Post
Bottom line is you won't have good daytime visibility with any plug and play LED bulb. The popular color temperature of most aftermarket bulbs is around 5000 K which is very close to the spectrum of sunlight at 5250 K. So that's why they get washed out.

If you want something you can clearly see in the daytime, you need to retrofit full LED rings but that requires opening the headlights.
then why do all the new BMW 3/5 series have amazing daylight visibility? I see them perfectly?

Old 07-09-2013, 12:52 PM
BMW Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBrad7 View Post
then why do all the new BMW 3/5 series have amazing daylight visibility? I see them perfectly?
New BMWs come with HID systems in the Halos.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:

wow ok makes sense.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBrad7 View Post
Because those are oem designed systems with the proper LED optics focusing light into the light rods and properly sized and placed heatsinks dissipating the heat.

Quote:

This is false. The new BMWs use an LED system.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 07-09-2013, 01:07 PM

You have to understand that the OEM angel eye designs in previous model years were designed to use a halogen bulb which emits 360 degrees of light. LEDs have a max angle of 140 ish degrees and most of these plug and play LED you see vendors selling are 120 degrees with no use of external optics what so ever.

Below is what a properly setup LED system can look like. These are custom made LED reverse lights I made for my E90 using proper optics to throw light out of the OEM housing....forget about trying to mimic a halogen bulb's light output/distribution, that's just a waste of time.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:39 PM
BMW Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesatman View Post
Selliing your MTEC V3s yet?
I don't have MTEC I'm using Umnitza VXX

Old 07-09-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I don't have MTEC I'm using Umnitza VXX
They look really bright in your pic, but honestly can you see them during the day?? Do you have any day pics?