Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 09-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Keepittrill's Avatar
Keepittrill Keepittrill is offline
My avatar is a selfie LOL
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,169
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
Why isn't the Z4 more popular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-Zed4 View Post
I looked seriously at the Boxster but for the cost and driving around here it was approx. +20% what I paid for my Z4. I also didn't appreciate the Porsche arrogance of wanting to charge me for for picking up the car and driving it in Germany; which I did do with the Z4.
Did you ever consider a cayman? Or did you want a vert?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2010 E89 Z4- gone and forgotten (;
2011 E93 M3 DCT

Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 09-03-2013, 10:51 AM
jparnes1 jparnes1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Rochester, NY
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 420
Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i, 2006 525xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-Zed4 View Post
I also didn't appreciate the Porsche arrogance of wanting to charge me for for picking up the car and driving it in Germany; which I did do with the Z4.
I know, that is really annoying. They'er the only manufacturer that makes you pay for a euro delivery. BMW and Volvo I know give discounts, which is great, but it should be at most the cost you worked out at the dealership, not more.
__________________
2006 525 xi, Orient Blue Metallic, Beige leather, Dark Poplar trim, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/12, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black leather, 6 MT, ///M Sport, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Comfort Access, LED Angel Eyes, BMWPedals pedal covers, stubby antenna, Luxon strut bar, CF engine cover, LCI side marker, powder coated calipers, Extra Enjoyment Package
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 09-04-2013, 03:53 AM
Greg-Zed4 Greg-Zed4 is offline
Registered User
Location: Silver Spring
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: Z4
Cayman was out of my price range.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 09-07-2013, 11:46 PM
TRIARN TRIARN is offline
Registered User
Location: Broward County, FL.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 38
Mein Auto: BMW Z4 2009, Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_cyclist View Post
There are 4 in my building, 3 e89s (including mine) and 1 Z4M. Not so rare down here in S. Fl. May have to do with styling, I know I was never a fan of the e85 look but like the redesigned e89.
I reside in FL. closer to the beach not many Z4 around, the ones I see are mostly driven by females this may be the wrong car for me. I still think all convertibles need to have a canvas top. It's still a sports car and not that many around in this price range. Parked, it's still good to look at.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 09-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Keepittrill's Avatar
Keepittrill Keepittrill is offline
My avatar is a selfie LOL
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,169
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
Why isn't the Z4 more popular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIARN View Post
I reside in FL. closer to the beach not many Z4 around, the ones I see are mostly driven by females this may be the wrong car for me. I still think all convertibles need to have a canvas top. It's still a sports car and not that many around in this price range. Parked, it's still good to look at.
The Z4 is not a sports car...haha


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2010 E89 Z4- gone and forgotten (;
2011 E93 M3 DCT

Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 09-13-2013, 11:10 AM
imz4n's Avatar
imz4n imz4n is offline
Z ENTHUSIAST
Location: OC, CA.
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 689
Mein Auto: 06 3.0 si Z4R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy View Post
I just took delivery of a 2014 Z4 sdrive 28 Valencia Orange with hyper orange interior 2 days ago and asked myself the same question. I'm new here just signed up today and I am excited to at least talk to someone that ownes one!


Want to run with other Z's check us out here in SoCal. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ZSCCACalifornia/

This is not just Z4's We have all Z in the group. This is a closed group so you will need to ask to join us.
__________________
ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ZSCCACalifornia/
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 09-14-2013, 11:20 PM
TRIARN TRIARN is offline
Registered User
Location: Broward County, FL.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 38
Mein Auto: BMW Z4 2009, Roadster
The Z4 is not the greatest body design it sells because of price, for a sports car at this level it's probably the least expensive auto out there. I am a former Jaguar XKE owner and when It first came out it would draw a crowd around it. Its body styling was unique, and attractive to the eye, it may have had sex appeal. The auto with probably the greatest eye appeal was the Mercedes Benz Gull wing coup, I never owned one wish I had. - Arnie

Last edited by TRIARN; 09-14-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 09-15-2013, 09:08 AM
jparnes1 jparnes1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Rochester, NY
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 420
Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i, 2006 525xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIARN View Post
The Z4 is not the greatest body design it sells because of price, Arnie
that's a pretty interesting comment. I and almost any other forum member gets comments regularly about how beautiful the car is. Maybe you see things differently, but there isn't another roadster out there with as much eye appeal.
__________________
2006 525 xi, Orient Blue Metallic, Beige leather, Dark Poplar trim, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/12, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black leather, 6 MT, ///M Sport, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Comfort Access, LED Angel Eyes, BMWPedals pedal covers, stubby antenna, Luxon strut bar, CF engine cover, LCI side marker, powder coated calipers, Extra Enjoyment Package
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 09-15-2013, 10:54 AM
bighorns's Avatar
bighorns bighorns is online now
puppet master
Location: Hi Dez, California
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,908
Mein Auto: E92 335i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIARN View Post
The Z4 is not the greatest body design it sells because of price, for a sports car at this level it's probably the least expensive auto out there. I am a former Jaguar XKE owner and when It first came out it would draw a crowd around it. Its body styling was unique, and attractive to the eye, it may have had sex appeal. The auto with probably the greatest eye appeal was the Mercedes Benz Gull wing coup, I never owned one wish I had. - Arnie
I'm an E92 owner, and I think the latest Z4 is stunning. the only reason i don't own one is that it doesn't fit my current needs. If I were more well off, it would be a great weekend car!
__________________
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=325723&dateline=1371746393
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 09-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Keepittrill's Avatar
Keepittrill Keepittrill is offline
My avatar is a selfie LOL
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,169
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
Why isn't the Z4 more popular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIARN View Post
The Z4 is not the greatest body design it sells because of price, for a sports car at this level it's probably the least expensive auto out there. I am a former Jaguar XKE owner and when It first came out it would draw a crowd around it. Its body styling was unique, and attractive to the eye, it may have had sex appeal. The auto with probably the greatest eye appeal was the Mercedes Benz Gull wing coup, I never owned one wish I had. - Arnie
The Z4 doesn't sell because of the price. It's TOO expensive for the performance you get.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2010 E89 Z4- gone and forgotten (;
2011 E93 M3 DCT

Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 09-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Zcar Zcar is offline
BMWCCA
Location: Massachusetts
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 118
Mein Auto: 11 Z4 35is/ED & 12 X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnes1 View Post
that's a pretty interesting comment. I and almost any other forum member gets comments regularly about how beautiful the car is. Maybe you see things differently, but there isn't another roadster out there with as much eye appeal.
I absolutely agree with you. I get many nice commens and even thumb up from strangers. A few days ago, I got stuck behind a school bus, and a buch of the kids (appeared to be first or second grader) gathered at the back door of the bus because they wanted to see my Z4, and some waved at me. Z4 must be much eye appeal to even for very young people who may not know BMW.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 09-16-2013, 10:20 AM
DslDwg DslDwg is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 137
Mein Auto: 2014 Z4 35is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepittrill View Post
The Z4 doesn't sell because of the price. It's TOO expensive for the performance you get.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I see/hear this said often although I clearly think it depends on what you're needs and priorities are.

I'm not saying it's a cheap/inexpensive car.

It does a pretty damn good job of being both a 2 seat coupe and a roadster.

To say the 3.5is version or even the 3.5i version of the car is slow or not sporty or not a sports car is just ridiculous. Probably all about how you define these things.

It could probably stand to lose some weight but of course that is partially the side effect of having a hard top convertible and all it's mechanisms.

It could probably handle a little better, some of which can be cured by taking the RFT's off the car. Other improvements can be made but at the expense ride comfort and use as a daily driver.

My old FD3S RX-7 was good for about 1.0g right out of the box and guys that drove race cars for a living complained about how harsh it was. Point being there will be trade offs for better handling.

Seriously what are the legitimate - do the same sort of thing competitors?

I would say:

Mercedes SLK

what else?

The car gets regularly compared to soft top verts and 2-door/2-seat coupes which for many of us is like comparing apples to hammers.

I would never own a soft top in a big city or unless I only used it as a weekend getaway car. Frankly a Porsche is a little expensive for me for only weekends.

The new Vette does look killer and a great bang for the buck but how do I get the top down? Hacksaw?

You could probably argue that the Z4 isn't a do one thing really great kind of car but for those of us where it fits it does a lot of things really damn well.

Why it doesn't sell better well who knows - definitely a niche car. No back seats, limited luggage/carrying space? Performance is not a short coming at least in my mind.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 09-16-2013, 01:12 PM
jparnes1 jparnes1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Rochester, NY
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 420
Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i, 2006 525xi
As I've said before, a Z4 (or Boxster or SLK) is a want car, not a need car. In other words, it's a luxury sale and is priced to reflect that status. That's how the market works. And similarly, there is a small market for this type of car. I agree completely with DSLDWG in that this car does everything I want it to do. It's a comfortable daily driving car that is really fast and looks better than anything else out there. Oh, you want a "true" sports car? Get a Boxster or Cayman and try driving that on your next rode trip. I take the Z4 on many multi-day trips and I'd rather not get out of my car and feel like my teeth have been rattled for a few hours, thank you.

I have had this car and a previous E89 for a total of 4 years and I still love it. I glad it doesn't sell more so it's more rare. Def the coolest car I've ever had.
__________________
2006 525 xi, Orient Blue Metallic, Beige leather, Dark Poplar trim, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/12, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black leather, 6 MT, ///M Sport, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Comfort Access, LED Angel Eyes, BMWPedals pedal covers, stubby antenna, Luxon strut bar, CF engine cover, LCI side marker, powder coated calipers, Extra Enjoyment Package

Last edited by jparnes1; 09-16-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 09-16-2013, 01:38 PM
DslDwg DslDwg is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 137
Mein Auto: 2014 Z4 35is
If the reason the Z4 is not more popular is price then the Porsche should never sell.

Just for curiosity I just started to price a Boxster S. The base price of this car is as much as I paid for my 3.5is. So maybe I give up a little performance I also gain a hard top which as I said before makes this car much more practical in my eyes. Oh yeah and by the time I option out the Porsche to my liking it's $15,000 more than my Z.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 09-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Keepittrill's Avatar
Keepittrill Keepittrill is offline
My avatar is a selfie LOL
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,169
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
Why isn't the Z4 more popular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DslDwg View Post
I see/hear this said often although I clearly think it depends on what you're needs and priorities are.

I'm not saying it's a cheap/inexpensive car.

It does a pretty damn good job of being both a 2 seat coupe and a roadster.

To say the 3.5is version or even the 3.5i version of the car is slow or not sporty or not a sports car is just ridiculous. Probably all about how you define these things.

It could probably stand to lose some weight but of course that is partially the side effect of having a hard top convertible and all it's mechanisms.

It could probably handle a little better, some of which can be cured by taking the RFT's off the car. Other improvements can be made but at the expense ride comfort and use as a daily driver.

My old FD3S RX-7 was good for about 1.0g right out of the box and guys that drove race cars for a living complained about how harsh it was. Point being there will be trade offs for better handling.

Seriously what are the legitimate - do the same sort of thing competitors?

I would say:

Mercedes SLK

what else?

The car gets regularly compared to soft top verts and 2-door/2-seat coupes which for many of us is like comparing apples to hammers.

I would never own a soft top in a big city or unless I only used it as a weekend getaway car. Frankly a Porsche is a little expensive for me for only weekends.

The new Vette does look killer and a great bang for the buck but how do I get the top down? Hacksaw?

You could probably argue that the Z4 isn't a do one thing really great kind of car but for those of us where it fits it does a lot of things really damn well.

Why it doesn't sell better well who knows - definitely a niche car. No back seats, limited luggage/carrying space? Performance is not a short coming at least in my mind.
Everyone says it because it's true. A Cayman/Boxsterwould whoop our cars on a track...it's a fact of life.

And the new Vette should be a better car in just about every way. (Yes, the top is EASILY removable.)

I know you have a 2014 35is and in your eyes, it can do no wrong. And of course you feel that way! It's your brand spanking new car! However, the fact of the matter is that the car IS overpriced.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2010 E89 Z4- gone and forgotten (;
2011 E93 M3 DCT


Last edited by Keepittrill; 09-16-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 09-16-2013, 06:49 PM
jparnes1 jparnes1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Rochester, NY
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 420
Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i, 2006 525xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepittrill View Post
Everyone says it because it's true. A Cayman/Boxsterwould whoop our cars on a track...it's a fact of life.

And the new Vette should be a better car in just about every way. (Yes, the top is EASILY removable.)

I know you have a 2014 35is and in your eyes, it can do no wrong, but the fact of the matter is that the car IS overpriced.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
So who says the Z4 sells poorly anyway? I did a little research. The following are 2012 sales figures:
Boxster - 2894
TT - 2296
Z4 - 2751

In it's class it sells just as much as its competitors, which are all small niche cars. I think overpriced is in the eye of the beholder. If you bought it for track use and are disappointed, then it's overpriced. I (and probably most of us here) feel like I've gotten a lot of value for what I spent and what I use it for. I have no regrets.
__________________
2006 525 xi, Orient Blue Metallic, Beige leather, Dark Poplar trim, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/12, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black leather, 6 MT, ///M Sport, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Comfort Access, LED Angel Eyes, BMWPedals pedal covers, stubby antenna, Luxon strut bar, CF engine cover, LCI side marker, powder coated calipers, Extra Enjoyment Package
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 09-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Keepittrill's Avatar
Keepittrill Keepittrill is offline
My avatar is a selfie LOL
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,169
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
Why isn't the Z4 more popular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnes1 View Post
So who says the Z4 sells poorly anyway? I did a little research. The following are 2012 sales figures:
Boxster - 2894
TT - 2296
Z4 - 2751

In it's class it sells just as much as its competitors, which are all small niche cars. I think overpriced is in the eye of the beholder. If you bought it for track use and are disappointed, then it's overpriced. I (and probably most of us here) feel like I've gotten a lot of value for what I spent and what I use it for. I have no regrets.
Source? Because the Z4 and TT are both in the top 10 for worst selling cars in the US. I find it hard to believe that BMW sold almost as many Z4s as Porsche sold Boxsters...

Anyway, I don't recall every saying anything about how many people buy the Z4, so I don't know why you quoted me haha

I did, however say that there are much better cars out there for the money. Now is that mostly subjective? Hell yeah. Do some people have different wants and needs? Absolutely.

But I think the majority of people would agree that the Cayman S and Boxster S are more car for the money.

(I'm not trying to be argumentative, just offering possible answers to OPs question.)
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2010 E89 Z4- gone and forgotten (;
2011 E93 M3 DCT


Last edited by Keepittrill; 09-16-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 09-16-2013, 07:18 PM
jparnes1 jparnes1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Rochester, NY
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 420
Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i, 2006 525xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepittrill View Post
Source? Because the Z4 and TT are both in the top 10 for worst selling cars in the US. I find it hard to believe that BMW sold almost as many Z4s as Porsche sold Boxsters...

Anyway, I don't recall every saying anything about how many people buy the Z4, so I don't know why you quoted me haha

I did, however say that there are much better cars out there for the money. Now is that mostly subjective? Hell yeah. Do some people have different wants and needs? Absolutely.

But I think the majority of people would agree that the Cayman S and Boxster S are more car for the money.

(I'm not trying to be argumentative, just offering possible answers to OPs question.)
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Check out www.goodcarbadcar.net and plug in the car you want data on.
When you say "more car for the money" you imply that the Porches cost as much as the BMW and therefore they're a better value. I know you're aware that they cost quite a bit more. So if you want what they offer, you have to pony up, if it's worth it to you.
And again, "worst selling" doesn't mean the car is a bad value, only that it's demographic is a small market.
__________________
2006 525 xi, Orient Blue Metallic, Beige leather, Dark Poplar trim, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/12, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black leather, 6 MT, ///M Sport, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Comfort Access, LED Angel Eyes, BMWPedals pedal covers, stubby antenna, Luxon strut bar, CF engine cover, LCI side marker, powder coated calipers, Extra Enjoyment Package

Last edited by jparnes1; 09-16-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 09-16-2013, 08:24 PM
EdCT's Avatar
EdCT EdCT is offline
zeddy
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,358
Mein Auto: '06 330cic ZHP / '07 M35x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepittrill View Post
Source? Because the Z4 and TT are both in the top 10 for worst selling cars in the US. I find it hard to believe that BMW sold almost as many Z4s as Porsche sold Boxsters...

Anyway, I don't recall every saying anything about how many people buy the Z4, so I don't know why you quoted me haha

I did, however say that there are much better cars out there for the money. Now is that mostly subjective? Hell yeah. Do some people have different wants and needs? Absolutely.

But I think the majority of people would agree that the Cayman S and Boxster S are more car for the money.

(I'm not trying to be argumentative, just offering possible answers to OPs question.)
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Z4's, TT's, Boxsters etc., are built to be low production vehicles, they're supposed to be the "worst selling" .... that's what gives them exclusivity.

Selling almost 3k cars a year is a lot actually (for a car of this kind).

Boxster/Caymans are more expensive, so they're not "more car for the money", they're simply just more money.
__________________

2000 Mercedes Benz E320 (daily driver)
2007 Infiniti M35x (wife's)
2006 330 cic ZHP 6sp (current)
2005 Z4 3.0 sp nav x-leather (retired)
2000 323i PP (best car, ever - retired)
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 09-17-2013, 05:25 AM
F1LOCO F1LOCO is offline
Registered User
Location: Sunnyland
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 s35i
While a new Z4 may be "price point" challenged to it's competitors, a nicely used one, like the 2011 I just bought, can be had for a great deal, relatively speaking. It's hard to find a 2011 roadster with 12,500 miles for $40K CPO'd. I looked at Boxsters, but would have to retreat to 2008 or the like with more miles and no warranty. I feel sorry for the new buyers or lease holders on the CAP they had to pay, they took a beating. In my case, my car stickered at $62 only two years ago. BUT, it appears after that initial hit, the price market stabilizes somewhat. I bought it because it's a beauty top up or down (that's hard to find these days) and for price point (used of course).
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 09-17-2013, 06:14 AM
EdCT's Avatar
EdCT EdCT is offline
zeddy
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,358
Mein Auto: '06 330cic ZHP / '07 M35x
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1LOCO View Post
While a new Z4 may be "price point" challenged to it's competitors, a nicely used one, like the 2011 I just bought, can be had for a great deal, relatively speaking. It's hard to find a 2011 roadster with 12,500 miles for $40K CPO'd. I looked at Boxsters, but would have to retreat to 2008 or the like with more miles and no warranty. I feel sorry for the new buyers or lease holders on the CAP they had to pay, they took a beating. In my case, my car stickered at $62 only two years ago. BUT, it appears after that initial hit, the price market stabilizes somewhat. I bought it because it's a beauty top up or down (that's hard to find these days) and for price point (used of course).
That's the best way to buy - I bought two of my BMW's that way; very low miles, CPO. Enjoy!
__________________

2000 Mercedes Benz E320 (daily driver)
2007 Infiniti M35x (wife's)
2006 330 cic ZHP 6sp (current)
2005 Z4 3.0 sp nav x-leather (retired)
2000 323i PP (best car, ever - retired)
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 09-17-2013, 10:42 AM
DslDwg DslDwg is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 137
Mein Auto: 2014 Z4 35is
It's so easy to say that this car is "price-point" challenged to it's competitors.

I'm not sure anybody has really proved that yet?

According to my quick look at the Mercedes, Porsche or Audi. Similarly equipped Mercedes or Audi are similarly priced while the Porsche is substantially more.

Could you argue that the Boxster is more capable possibly, but my quick math tells me it's also 25% more expensive.

If I had the opportunity to own each of these cars - I'm positive I could find things to love about all of them.

Again it just depends on what mix of features is the most important to you as the individual.

I don't even remember if any one brought up the fact that BMW keeps the residuals bumped up nicely on this model also so if you lease your cars the payments can be very competitive.
__________________

Last edited by DslDwg; 09-17-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 09-18-2013, 08:33 AM
schlumbeb schlumbeb is offline
Registered User
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW X3
Why isn't the Z4 more popular?

F


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 09-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Keepittrill's Avatar
Keepittrill Keepittrill is offline
My avatar is a selfie LOL
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,169
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
Why isn't the Z4 more popular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlumbeb View Post
F


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Valid point! LOL


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2010 E89 Z4- gone and forgotten (;
2011 E93 M3 DCT

Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 09-29-2013, 09:52 PM
EricTsang EricTsang is offline
Registered User
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: 2013 328 xDrive M-Sport
Agree about the lease. I just helped my parents get into a 2014 Z4 28i.

Audi, with 2500 down payment was $670 a month including tax.

Z4, with discounts, MSD's, 2500 down, and that 65% residual was almost $200 less per month. The Z4 cost about 10K more as well!

I think the price is to keep the car more exclusive. They wanted a special car that was within reason price wise. The boxster/cayman was way too expensive.

It's a very nice looking car, after 1 day they've already noticed people staring at it as they were driving!

if you were curious: '14, 28i, alpine white, premium sound, technology, cold weather, pdc, leather
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms