Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 07-04-2013, 11:00 AM

Mein Auto: Z4 sDrive M Sport
Z4 Sports mode fault!!! HELP PLEASE

Currently on my 3rd (new) E89 and have just changed from 23i straight six to a 2.0i turbo. After 2 very reliable cars my new one has now been back to the dealer 4 times in the 3 months I have had it. I've had rattles, tire problems, roof stuck down, roof stuck up!!!

My latest argument with the dealer is around the 'Sports Mode'. When you change from comfort to sports mode the steering should reduces power assistance and feel heavier (it did on my last 2) but my new car does the opposite and adds more assistance making it very light (and far too sensitive!!! It's like a parking assist).

My dealer is trying to say this is normal can anyone tell me what their experience is with sports mode???

Any help would be much appreciated as I am tearing my hair out with the dealer

Cheers.
Ads by Google
Old 07-04-2013, 11:17 AM
My avatar is a selfie LOL

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT

Well, the steering SHOULD get slightly stiffer with sport and even more so with sport+. (I don't really feel a difference between sport and sport+ though.) now, does the steering get more sensitive or is it just the wheel that's more sensitive? And maybe you should try a different dealer?

Last edited by Keepittrill; 07-04-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:18 AM
My avatar is a selfie LOL

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT

*delete*

Old 07-04-2013, 12:07 PM

Mein Auto: Z4 sDrive M Sport
Hi keepittrill

Thanks for the message, when I use sports mode the steering becomes very light weight making the car very twitchy at speed... That is totally different response to my last 2 Z4s.

I think I do need a new dealer... They have had my car for 2 days to check the roof fault (sometimes it just wont work!) and their master technicians response on the roof problem was "the tray in the boot was up, do you know you have to put the tray in the boot down to use the roof..." REALLY it's only my 3rd one... Genius ***128542;