Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:08 AM

Mein Auto: Infiniti G37 Coupe
Question Residual value negotiation before signing lease

As I understand it the residual value for a 2013 550i GT at 10K miles per year is 63%.

Has anyone had any success in negotiating a lease where the residual was bumped a point or two to make the lease payment more attractive?
Ads by Google
Old 07-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Residual values are non-negotiable.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:22 PM

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
As you probably know, you always have the option of selling it yourself at the end of the lease if you think it's worth more and pocketing the difference.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:09 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh View Post
As you probably know, you always have the option of selling it yourself at the end of the lease if you think it's worth more and pocketing the difference.
Although you must first buy it from BMW financial with cash and then sell it to a new buyer once you have the title. This may cause double sales tax depending on your state.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:44 AM

Mein Auto: Infiniti G37 Coupe
I don't know if I'd care to purchase it later or go through the trouble of purchasing to resell it. I'd rather just get a better monthly lease payment. I'm working on a deal for a new 2013 that was manufactured in Aug 2012 so I'm hoping to leverage the fact it's been on the lot that long into a great cap cost basis.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Z4 M coupe, F07 550i GT

Mein Auto: '07 Z4Mcoupe, '10 550 GT
As it's been said, the residuals are set by the bank and are non-negotiable.
Your numbers to negotiate are the purchase price of the vehicle and the money factor.
Since you can learn the "buy"rate of the money factor for the F07 here on Bimmerfest, you should use that to your advantage and try to get the best rate.
Simultaneously, you negotiate your purchase price (since you know the MSRP) up from the invoice price.
Lastly, check to see what incentives the dealer is getting for moving the vehicle. If there's trunk money or other incentives, use that to lower the purchase price.
It's probably worth trying to negotiate variables like doc fees, refusing to pay MACO, and seeing if you can reduce the lease acquisition fee (there's typically $200 markup).
If you already finance through BMWFS, they should wave security deposits.
Some people like using multiple security deposits (MSD's) to get a better money factor, but be warned that your money is then tied up for the length of the lease (for instance, if someone assumes your lease, the MSD's go with the vehicle until the lease concludes).

Good luck!
(I recently bought a CPO 2010 550 GT and really enjoy it)