Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-09-2013, 09:35 PM
newt44 newt44 is offline
Registered User
Location: Sacramento
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Advice Hyper Silver or Black

Hello,

I seriously considering getting the VMR v710's, but I am not sure what finish I should go with. I have a 2008 335i Sedan and with a white exterior. Part of me likes that black Matte look, but I am torn as the Hyper Silver looks great too. The good news is I would be happy with either one, but I am curious if others have these wheels and what ones did you go with!


Newt
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 07-09-2013, 11:16 PM
hongsc hongsc is offline
Registered User
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 78
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i sedan
I would say the Hyper Silver. I initially wanted black for my Space Grey but after seeing the rims in person at Bimmerfest I changed my mind. I think Hyper Silver would be a great fit.
__________________
2011 BMW 328i Space Grey|18" Avant Garde m359|Michelin Pilot Sport A/S|Eibach Pro-Kit Springs|Lux Angel Eyes|Philips HID Kit|Megan Racing Exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-09-2013, 11:39 PM
AnJing408 AnJing408 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bay Area CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 147
Mein Auto: 2007 335i
I want to get them in hyper silver also. were you planning to get them in 18"s or 19's? if I get them I will get 19's
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-09-2013, 11:53 PM
hongsc hongsc is offline
Registered User
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 78
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i sedan
I actually bought Avant Garde m359 in Hyper Silver. I bought 18" for a bit more comfort and lowered my car on Eibach Pro Kit springs. Pretty happy with it.
__________________
2011 BMW 328i Space Grey|18" Avant Garde m359|Michelin Pilot Sport A/S|Eibach Pro-Kit Springs|Lux Angel Eyes|Philips HID Kit|Megan Racing Exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-10-2013, 12:06 AM
AnJing408 AnJing408 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bay Area CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 147
Mein Auto: 2007 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
I actually bought Avant Garde m359 in Hyper Silver. I bought 18" for a bit more comfort and lowered my car on Eibach Pro Kit springs. Pretty happy with it.
I was looking at photos of the avant garde m359. they look similar to the vmr 710's. which of the 2 is actually a "better" brand since both are copies of the csl wheels
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-10-2013, 12:33 AM
hongsc hongsc is offline
Registered User
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 78
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i sedan
I think they're in the same price range. Quality wise probably about the same from what I read. Had them for over a month and noticed paint chips on it. Actually had some within the first week. Will have them refinished in a year or so for $75 per wheel at BMW Beverly Hills. Other than that pretty happy with them. The stock wheel caps and TPMS were carried over from my OEM wheels. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Both are really popular models.
__________________
2011 BMW 328i Space Grey|18" Avant Garde m359|Michelin Pilot Sport A/S|Eibach Pro-Kit Springs|Lux Angel Eyes|Philips HID Kit|Megan Racing Exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-10-2013, 04:13 AM
TheyCallMeNun's Avatar
TheyCallMeNun TheyCallMeNun is offline
Fest Wrks
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 501
Mein Auto: 07 335i coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by newt44 View Post
Hello,

I seriously considering getting the VMR v710's, but I am not sure what finish I should go with. I have a 2008 335i Sedan and with a white exterior. Part of me likes that black Matte look, but I am torn as the Hyper Silver looks great too. The good news is I would be happy with either one, but I am curious if others have these wheels and what ones did you go with!


Newt
Well, if you plan on buying straight from VMR, they dont sell Hyper Black anymore. I had called and asked, I asked if they were expecting any and the sales person said he checked all the orders up until september and none have been ordered. If for some reason you decide you are determined to get Hyper Black, they still stock VB3's in Hyper Black
__________________
BMW Owner Since 17
'00 323i
'07 335i coupe
Black Sapphire 6MT
BMS JB+ & DCI
Turbosmart BOV

Last edited by TheyCallMeNun; 07-10-2013 at 04:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-10-2013, 06:20 PM
newt44 newt44 is offline
Registered User
Location: Sacramento
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Thanks all for your responses!

Kevin from VMR is great to work with. You're correct TheyCallMeNun about the black.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeNun View Post
Well, if you plan on buying straight from VMR, they dont sell Hyper Black anymore. I had called and asked, I asked if they were expecting any and the sales person said he checked all the orders up until september and none have been ordered. If for some reason you decide you are determined to get Hyper Black, they still stock VB3's in Hyper Black
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-10-2013, 06:23 PM
newt44 newt44 is offline
Registered User
Location: Sacramento
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Planning on getting the 19's. Kevin from VMR provided some recommendations on the 19. I am little nervous coming from 18 BMW rims if I will notice a difference in the ride going to 19's.(rougher).

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnJing408 View Post
I want to get them in hyper silver also. were you planning to get them in 18"s or 19's? if I get them I will get 19's
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms