Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-10-2013, 07:38 AM

Mein Auto: Civic
Streaming music

Hello folks,

I have a few questions about this feature and my dealer doesn't seem to know for sure.

I ordered a 2014 BMW 328 sport line and I got the premium package. I was wondering if the streaming music feature is worth it?

Also what's it called? He didn't seem to know. I think it changed in 2014 when he tried to select it in the features menu. Otherwise if I don't get it you just hook it up with a USB cable?

Also I have an iPhone 4S I've read msgs that the iPhone isn't supported or works well can anyone confirm.

Thanks

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Ads by Google
Old 07-10-2013, 08:32 AM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
Hey you will have a better chance of an informed response over on the F30 board ...... we are still listening to AM and satellite radio in our e90s!

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)
Old 07-10-2013, 08:34 AM

Streaming music

Thanks I am new to this stuff what does that mean lol.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:45 AM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5speedto6speed View Post
Thanks I am new to this stuff what does that mean lol.

No prob, look at the Forum listing at the top of the Bimmerfest page and select the F30 Forum which covers the 2012 and newer 3 Series model years for coverage of the car you are ordering.

This E90 Forum is basically 3 Series model years 2006 - 2011 for the sedan.

ps the 4S works quite well on all our recent BMWs and is an approved phone by BMW

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)

Last edited by laser; 07-10-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
If you don't have the bluetooth streaming option you can buy a bluetooth receiver and hook it up to your AUX port. I had the blackberry stereo gateway in my E90 for awhile. It's about $40 but they sell cheaper ones on amazon/eBay. Quality is hit or miss with the cheaper options though.

I have since switched to a carPC and now I use that to stream music from my phone.

And if you're wondering, the iPhone does pair to both the car's bluetooth and the black berry stereo gateway. When calls come in, musics fades and pauses. When you hang up, music resumes.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 Rear Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 07-10-2013, 09:50 AM

Mein Auto: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5speedto6speed View Post
Hello folks,

I have a few questions about this feature and my dealer doesn't seem to know for sure.

I ordered a 2014 BMW 328 sport line and I got the premium package. I was wondering if the streaming music feature is worth it?

Also what's it called? He didn't seem to know. I think it changed in 2014 when he tried to select it in the features menu. Otherwise if I don't get it you just hook it up with a USB cable?

Also I have an iPhone 4S I've read msgs that the iPhone isn't supported or works well can anyone confirm.

Thanks

I use BT to stream most stuff. I have apps in my car but its too much of a pain to hook up even my spare iphone - it is kind of nice having things like tunein radio stations in your Radio menu though.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdriller9 View Post
If you don't have the bluetooth streaming option you can buy a bluetooth receiver and hook it up to your AUX port. I had the blackberry stereo gateway in my E90 for awhile. It's about $40 but they sell cheaper ones on amazon/eBay. Quality is hit or miss with the cheaper options though.

I have since switched to a carPC and now I use that to stream music from my phone.

And if you're wondering, the iPhone does pair to both the car's bluetooth and the black berry stereo gateway. When calls come in, musics fades and pauses. When you hang up, music resumes.

so I got some information I think but I have a lot of questions and my dealer doesn't seem to know. He keeps saying "i think so" and I am getting a bit frustrated since it's my first BMW purchase.

Here is what it's called.

ConnectedDrive
Services Prof w/ ARTTI feature.

Concierge Services - what is this?
Remote Services - kind of have an idea.
BMW Apps - i could care less for facebook/twitter especially while I am driving...lol.
BMW Online. - Am I always connected to the internet? Is there an additional cost for this?
Advanced Real Time Traffic Information - am I paying additional for this service?

All I wanted was to stream music wirelessly and I got a thousand things added. I get they bundle things together and I've tried to google most of them.

Thanks for all your input.