Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 07-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E90 M sport
X3 buyer questions

Hi,

i test drove a 28i. I saw only EcoPro, comfort and sport mode. On other BMW models, there's a Sport+ mode. What's the special about it or is it really special ? does it come with X3?

Going to order a X3 with adaptive dampers. The setting of the dampers should be linked to these "modes" also?

Thanks
W
Ads by Google
Old 07-10-2013, 02:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
I believe the sport+ mode comes with the M-Sport package, the sport+ mode is the same as the sport mode but it also disable the traction control as well, it save you the step of pushing the DTC off button. The damper setting are link to the mode buttons.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i
Traction control and stability control are separate functions. I had understood that sport+ disables only stability control thereby leaving traction control to be disabled by its own switch. Stability control is more of a nanny than traction control because it senses and limits yaw, and I believe, pitch to recover enough directional stability to prevent or mitigate slides, spins, and rollovers. Traction control, as its name states, senses and limits only loss of tire traction on the road surface even in straight forward and backward movement.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:51 AM

Mein Auto: X3 35i
I do not have the M-Sport Package and I do have the sport + setting.

I believe its either apart of the Dynamic Handling package or the 35i. Both of which I have.
2014 x3 35i - Bronze Metallic - Mojave Leather - Fineline Wave Trim - Cold Weather Pkg - Drivers Assistance Pkg w/ Top View Camera - Dynamic Handling Pkg - Premium Pkg - Technology Pkg - 309 Style Rims - X-Line Trim Pkg - Aluminum Roof Rails - Window Shades - Auto High Beams - Premium Sound.

2013 Ram 3500 - Laramie Limited Mega Cab w/ Cummins Diesel and Aisin Transmision
Old 07-11-2013, 11:11 AM
On our 2nd Alpine X

Mein Auto: 06 X3/2010 MCSC
I have what came with the X3. Works for me. I'm fine with the Comfort/Sport. I'll never use Eco
GONE>>>Sold. One of the best rides I ever owned. My 1st BMW-2006 X3 3.0 White w/blk. Prem/Nav/Sirius/Servo/Heated seats,steering/Park Dist./Xenon/Privacy.I got the auto. trans. so my wife can drive it.
Our 2nd Bimmer2014 X3 i35 Alpine/Chestnut. Nav,Prem,Tech,Cold Weather, Shades. Got the Automatic cause we had no choice
My 1st Mini-2010 PW, I got the 6 speed so my wife can't drive it. Laurel Edition Convert
Old 07-11-2013, 06:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Yes, with the Dynamic Handling package you not only get dynamic dampers, variable sport steering, and performance control, but you also get the driving dynamics selector on the center console, to select Comfort, Sport and Sport+ modes.

Sport+ activates dynamic traction control (DTC), which is actually just a relaxed state of dynamic stability control (DSC) in which the wheels are permitted to slip a bit. This can be useful to gain traction on loose gravel or deep snow, and it also allows controlled drifts for aggressive cornering. But it requires the driver to know how to handle some of the stabilization.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfänger View Post
Yes, with the Dynamic Handling package you not only get dynamic dampers, variable sport steering, and performance control, but you also get the driving dynamics selector on the center console, to select Comfort, Sport and Sport+ modes.

Sport+ activates dynamic traction control (DTC), which is actually just a relaxed state of dynamic stability control (DSC) in which the wheels are permitted to slip a bit. This can be useful to gain traction on loose gravel or deep snow, and it also allows controlled drifts for aggressive cornering. But it requires the driver to know how to handle some of the stabilization.
Even without the Dynamic handling package, you still get the driving dynamic selector in the center console, but it does not have the sport+ mode and the selector obviously will not control the suspension. Does the X3 have the customize driving dynamic option in the idrive like the 5 series, where one can select steering, suspension and throttle setting in the sport mode.