Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Forever Alone...

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 330i
2006 330i Window Problem (Regulator?)

So, I have had a problem on BOTH my rear windows to where if they go down past the bottom seal/weather stripping, it'll become unfunctional for about 5~10 minutes. If its a hair above the line though, it'll work normally! So, I have no idea why the heck that is.
Its been giving me this problem ever since I first came across the car and purchased it from the dealer USED back in November of 2011.

Just this Saturday, I took it to the carwash and when I got my car back and was driving off, I heard that the drivers side rear window was down. First thing I did was check to see if my interior was soaked...lol. Thankfully, it wasn't. So, I proceeded to roll up my window. First attempt did nothing. Second attempt, I heard the most nasty, gear grinding, heart wrenching, indescribable sound ever. Right after that, I saw a window with a ! warning on my dash.
As I got home, my window was now sliding down freely, and I have to push it back up with my hands, and again shortly after, it just goes back down.

I am not sure on how to remove my door panel, and I am not really sure if it is the regulator or the motor, or what. So I was hoping maybe you guys (and gals?) could give me some advice, and tell me what I should do!
I definitely don't want to take it into the BMW dealership, because I called and they said its ~$600...and that's just for the side that's broken! I was hoping to maybe get some help on the other side too (which I mentioned in the first paragraph).
PS- I just got my brakes done on Friday for $900, so I am definitely looking for the least expensive way to go about this... haha. Im a broke college student, who is definitely regretting buying this car in my current situation...lol.

PS-Also posted this in the DIY section, but figured I might have more luck in here?
Old 07-10-2013, 07:50 PM

Mein Auto: '06 330i
Yep, window regulator... have replaced about 6 of them over the years on my own BMW's. Do a search on Youtube for video instructions on how to remove the panel and replace the regulator. There's likely one on there for your model. Also, get a quality replacement regulator. The cheap ones have holes that don't line up correctly with the mounts in the doors.

Last edited by boyce 06 330; 07-10-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 X3
Happened to me on the back passenger window on the 06 330i I used to have. Of course it was November, and raining, and I was on my way to work. It was $600 to fix at the dealer. I do have to say though, I just drove there without an appointment, they took the car right in, and had it fixed by the afternoon.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:32 AM

Mein Auto: 06 330i MT Sport TiAg
Its a $100 part and takes about 1/2 hour. As previously stated, several how-to videos are out on this. Its verry simple.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
I replace both rear regulators about 4 month ago. They broke 2 weeks a part.

Read DIY, watch video - don't have guts to do this my self - ask friends for help. Take him about 30 min + $127 for original BMW part. I learning hard way that for this car better buy original parts.

This is what happen to my regulator.

P.S. Programming windows as described here was not working. Windows go down and then up and as soon as it reach up position it going down half way. My friend programming windows with his computer. take 30 sec.

Link to DIY

'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT

Last edited by MB330; 07-21-2013 at 10:38 AM.