Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-17-2013, 04:54 AM
Fest Wrks

Mein Auto: 07 335i coupe
FedEx Tracking Updates

I don't order things online very often, I perfer cash and carry type deal if possible. However last Thursday I order a set of Velocity Motoring's V710's in Gunmetal. Which is being shipped from California to where I live, in New Jersey.

Since last Thursday the 11th, I've only recieved one update on my tracking log, besides the VMR dropping off the package. The last and only update was at 8:30 AM Friday the 12th. The delivery date is scheduled for sometime, tomorrow afternoon. My question is this normal, not to scan packages during transit? Should I call to find out an exactly location? Or should I still expect my package on time and not worry about the Tracking Log at all?

Lastly, has anyone had any bad experiences with FedEx damaging packages? I know everyone that's ordered something online has had an issue with this at some point, but anyone using FedEx, have you noticed frequent and/or excessive abuse?

Thanks y'all
E

Travel History Help Hide Date/Time Activity Location

- 7/13/2013 - Saturday

8:27 am In transit BLOOMINGTON, CA
7:41 am Left FedEx origin facility ANAHEIM, CA

- 7/12/2013 - Friday

6:44 pm Arrived at FedEx location ANAHEIM, CA
5:26 pm Picked up ANAHEIM, CA
4:25 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx
Black Sapphire 6MT
BMS JB+ & DCI
Turbosmart BOV

Last edited by TheyCallMeNun; 07-17-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 07-17-2013, 05:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325CIC, 335CIC
If it is ground, you will see a scan when it leaves CA and then nothing for like a week while it sits on the truck and drives across the country, then you will see an arrival scan in NJ after about 4-5 days - that is pretty normal - in your case it seems they may have missed a scan at bloomington which is the area hub as you should have seen an arrival in bloomington and then it leave to head to the east coast hub. I have seen that here and there without issue, but time will tell. I would be more concerned if it was something small that could fall through the cracks and get lost.

I use Fedex a lot and feel like they damage things less than UPS or the post office does, but that being said it is always possible and best to over package - the bigger and heavier the packages, the harder they are to move around and seem to experience more abuse and a lot of people use cardboard that is too light for the weight inside also which leads to more damage, companies that know what they are doing use the proper boxes and packaging, but stuff from ebay sells a lot of times comes in boxes self assembled and too light for the contents leading to damage.

Last edited by roadkillrob; 07-17-2013 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:48 AM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
I cannot recall the last time I received a damaged package from FedEx or UPS. One or two have arrived looking a little banged-up but the contents have been fine.

As for tracking, packages are only scanned when they are handled. As long as a package remains on the same truck there will be no updates. Thus, a cross-country package sent by ground transport is invisible for most of the trip.

If your delivery is scheduled for tomorrow you will see a flurry of updates later today or tonight (possibly VERY late--the long-haul truck might not reach the depot before nightfall). Your wheels will be turned around to the local route truck within hours.

N47 35' 30.13" E11 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA
Old 07-17-2013, 07:11 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
In all my years of ordering (and I order a TON of stuff) i've only ever received one or two items damaged. Given that, fedex does show when it hits it's various destinations.

Looking at your tracking log, it's weird that it has been sitting in ONE location for such an extended period of time. Is this an unusually heavy/large package? What is the shipment type (e.g., slowest fedex Ground, fedex air?) Give them a call, though don't be surprised if they can't give you a good answer. Shipping companies (all of them) are notorious for terrible ability to provide updates other then what you see on the tracking log

Below is an example of a package I am expecting today:

Date/Time Activity Location
-

7/17/2013 - Wednesday
7:14 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery FOLCROFT, PA
5:48 am At local FedEx facility FOLCROFT, PM
3:45 am Departed FedEx location KEASBEY, NJ -

7/16/2013 - Tuesday
10:14 pm Arrived at FedEx location KEASBEY, NJ
8:32 pm Left FedEx origin facility BROOKLYN, NY
7:48 pm Arrived at FedEx location BROOKLYN, NY
4:10 pm Picked up BROOKLYN, NY
-

7/15/2013 - Monday
11:08 am Shipment information sent to FedEx

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.

Last edited by furby076; 07-17-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:14 AM
Fest Wrks

Thanks guys! I called FedEX customer service, just to see if I could squeeze any additional information from them... what a waste of time that was. The guy basically just read word from word what was on the tracking. It was actually kind of funny, how useless that was. I guess patienece is not one of my virtues
Black Sapphire 6MT
BMS JB+ & DCI
Turbosmart BOV
Old 07-17-2013, 10:01 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335D Msport
Nun,
That sounds like a set of wheels coming your way. Hopefully, you will see an arrival scan the day that it is due to arrive at your home. I had a really screwed up experience that wasn't Fedex's fault. This guy was selling steering columns on ebay. I bought one for a 72 Duster to put on my 67 cuda (long story). Another guy in Buffalo NY bought one for an old Cadillac. Somehow the seller put the Buffalo guy's address on my duster column. i tried in vain to get it redirected down south to Houston. But, no dice. FedEx wouldn't do it. They said that it had to be returned to the original shipper. Through some clever fact finding, I contacted the Buffalo guy to verify the column was mine when it arrived at his place. He quickly got FedEx to come pick it up and get the 2nd cross country ship back to seller (seller in Spokane, WA). Once it got back to WA, seller agreed to ship to me with quicker arrival to Houston. All of this mess took about 2-1/2 weeks. Thankfully, the column was good as promised. The Cadillac guy's column was shipped mistakenly elsewhere and he had been waiting about a month. I got the seller to pay me back the shipping cost due to his error.

The absolute worst in terms of not getting any info until package arrives is US postal service. You see it at the front of the pipeline and that is it until you get another scan that it has arrived at your address.

Last edited by BB_cuda; 07-17-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Fest Wrks

BB Cuda,
Yeah I got some big boy 18" rims coming my way! and it looks like FedEx is acting like US postal Survice, IF I get an update today, it will probably tell me it arrived to one of the surrounding states. Unfortunately, I would bet I don't see an update until tomorrow morning or when it jumps to delivered. Very dissapointed in FedEx's tracking program!
Black Sapphire 6MT
BMS JB+ & DCI
Turbosmart BOV

Last edited by TheyCallMeNun; 07-17-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:12 PM

Mein Auto: 325CIC, 335CIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeNun View Post
Thanks guys! I called FedEX customer service, just to see if I could squeeze any additional information from them... what a waste of time that was. The guy basically just read word from word what was on the tracking. It was actually kind of funny, how useless that was. I guess patienece is not one of my virtues
I almost put in my post don't bother calling them about it yet, I have done that in the past and they are great at reading the screen you can see on the internet, but can never give you anything better!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Fest Wrks

FedEx Tracking Updates

I just checked again and it's right across the pond in PA! I guess I am just impatient.. Haha

7/17/2013 - Wednesday
-

3:17 pm
Arrived at FedEx location
LEWISBERRY, PA

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Black Sapphire 6MT
BMS JB+ & DCI
Turbosmart BOV