Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-21-2013, 02:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 335xi coupe
Exclamation Jackie Cooper BMW Dealership Oklahoma City.

Hi all bimmer lovers.

I just moved from Germany to Oklahoma City (for 3 years) and I need to do some maintenance of my BMW 335xi coupe.

Does anyone know how good Jackie Cooper BMW Dealership in Oklahoma City is?
The reviews I read on the internet are mixed. I was wondering if any of you had any experience with them? They seem to be the only BMW dealership in this beautiful state of OK
Ads by Google
Old 07-21-2013, 03:49 PM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Try here:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video: https://vimeo.com/60051914
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 07-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
I was just wondering the same thing! I'm looking to buy a 2011 e92 within the next six months and I would have to get it serviced there.

Also look at BMW of Tulsa
Old 07-21-2013, 08:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Vert
My experience with them has been limited, but I can tell you they are expensive if you have to pay. Cost me over $300 in labor (not including parts) to have mud flaps and an M pedal installed last week. I thought that was high for the nature and time of the work involved. You also have to schedule in advance (two weeks or so) as they do not have enough space in their service department (but are currently building on to address that). You also have to schedule loaners in advance if you want/need one. They are also open Saturday as well.

In regard to the advisors, I am not quite sure as they did not appear too knowledgeable on the questions I asked on adding the performance pack option or taking the speed limiter off for my 335. Overall for maintenance, however, they are probably just fine. I bought the car from them and will be going there for my free maintenance for the next three years. However, as you said, you really don't have a choice as they are the only game in town. They did what was expected but did not wow me. However, they do have free refreshments and the Krispy Kreme donuts are good.

Hope that helps.

2013 335i - ED September 2012
Old 07-21-2013, 09:13 PM

Jackie Cooper Dealership.

My car is almost two years old in October 2013 and basically I want to change the air and cabin filter, flush the coolant and brake fluid. I know the last two are not really required by BMW maintenance program but I want to do it anyway.

Before leaving Germany I changed the oil at a very good BMW dealership in Kaiserslautern. I was very stupid not to do all the work while there. Tulsa BMW has pretty bad reviews as well. The best reviews I found so far is Autobahn BMW Fort Worth. I guess I can go over there as well even though it is like 4 hour drive.

Mircea
Old 07-21-2013, 09:15 PM

Prices ???

Do you think they will take one arm and a leg for doing those things mentioned above?

Thanks for the reply and BTW you have a very beautiful BMW over there
Old 07-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
My car is almost two years old in October 2013 and basically I want to change the air and cabin filter, flush the coolant and brake fluid. I know the last two are not really required by BMW maintenance program but I want to do it anyway.

Before leaving Germany I changed the oil at a very good BMW dealership in Kaiserslautern. I was very stupid not to do all the work while there. Tulsa BMW has pretty bad reviews as well. The best reviews I found so far is Autobahn BMW Fort Worth. I guess I can go over there as well even though it is like 4 hour drive.

Mircea
Can't recall at the moment about the engine air filter, but the cabin air filter and brake fluid flush are covered maintenance at 24 months. Brake fluid is covered every 24 months from date of manufacture, so you should get two under the maintenance plan.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!

Last edited by tturedraider; 07-22-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by irianjim View Post
My experience with them has been limited, but I can tell you they are expensive if you have to pay. Cost me over $300 in labor (not including parts) to have mud flaps and an M pedal installed last week. I thought that was high for the nature and time of the work involved. You also have to schedule in advance (two weeks or so) as they do not have enough space in their service department (but are currently building on to address that). You also have to schedule loaners in advance if you want/need one. They are also open Saturday as well.

In regard to the advisors, I am not quite sure as they did not appear too knowledgeable on the questions I asked on adding the performance pack option or taking the speed limiter off for my 335. Overall for maintenance, however, they are probably just fine. I bought the car from them and will be going there for my free maintenance for the next three years. However, as you said, you really don't have a choice as they are the only game in town. They did what was expected but did not wow me. However, they do have free refreshments and the Krispy Kreme donuts are good.

Hope that helps.
the donuts are not free, thats included in the labor cost, no wonder they are high
Hendrix has starbucks coffee and muffins, again not free
Old 07-22-2013, 08:10 AM

to tturedraider

tturedraider

Do you happen to have a list with what is covered under BMW maintenance program and what time interval? I could not find too much on BMW North America website

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ceprogram.aspx

All I have is the German version but I doubt people from Jackie Cooper OKC speak German .. thats in case they want to fight with me saying they are not paying for it. Dealership are notorious for being a pain in the rear
Old 07-22-2013, 01:19 PM

Mein Auto: E46, E83, E90 (all MT)
Quote:
Does anyone know how good Jackie Cooper BMW Dealership in Oklahoma City is?
The reviews I read on the internet are mixed. I was wondering if any of you had any experience with them?
I have had extremely limited experience with Jackie Cooper BMW. I have bought parts there on a couple of occasions. They were very helpful and pleasant to me. But I have never purchased or serviced a car there, so I am hoping there are others with more experience at that dealership.

My chief complaint about the dealership? They are located way up in Edmond, which is fairly far north of Oklahoma City. I sometimes work on temporary assignment in OKC, but in the southern part of the city. Based on your information, that location (Edmond) may be an advantage to you.

When I travel by car to OKC, I usually drive my VW Passat (has a really large trunk), rather than my BMW. I have had it serviced at Cable Volkswagen a couple of times, and had good experiences. That seems to be a first class operation.

Incidentally, the weather in OKC can be wild, with tornadoes and large hail. Protect your car as much as possible.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:49 PM

For alpinweiss

Why did you chief complained about the dealership? Because of the distance or because of their services?

Thanks
Old 07-22-2013, 02:14 PM

Mein Auto: E46, E83, E90 (all MT)
Quote:
Why did you chief complained about the dealership? Because of the distance or because of their services?

Thanks
Maybe I should have worded it "my main complaint". Sorry for the confusion.

My complaint was simply the distance to drive to the dealership from southern Oklahoma City.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:25 PM

Ok, that would not be a problem for me. I was scared about the service quality, I intend to keep my baby for 20+ years so I dont want anybody to mess up with it. My car is a garage queen anyway I drive it only once a week for a 100km distance. Most of the time I drive my VW Jetta

Old 07-22-2013, 02:28 PM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
Quote:
tturedraider

Do you happen to have a list with what is covered under BMW maintenance program and what time interval? I could not find too much on BMW North America website

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ceprogram.aspx

All I have is the German version but I doubt people from Jackie Cooper OKC speak German .. thats in case they want to fight with me saying they are not paying for it. Dealership are notorious for being a pain in the rear
Do you have a US model BMW covered by the US full maintenance plan?

If so any service that comes up on the idrive screen is covered, brake fluid every 24 months, condition based oil change, brake pads and rotors as wear requires, cabin filters, ...oh wiper blades if you say they are streaking the windshield are covered

Also spark plugs at 45,000 miles but it sounds like you may not get there.

With your light driving a trickle charger may be called for on your battery.

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)

Last edited by laser; 07-22-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:53 PM

To laser

Yes, mine is a US spec built in Germany for the US Military. I am a governmental employee that was stationed for 4 years in beautiful Germany.

So all things applying to BMW North America maintenance program apply to my car.

My first concern was the quality of service in US. I have been warned by my German mechanic about the mechanics over here. I do not know if it is true but that's what he told me. I am surprised that you can see a lot of OLD BMWs, Audis, Porsches over there but not too many here. My German mechanic told me due to bad maintenance BMWs in US do not last as long as the ones in Europe. Moreover, most of the German cars here are leased and during the lease time the lessee does not care to much about car maintenance. I do not know if that's the truth but this is what I have been told by Euler dealership in Kaiserslautern, Germany
Old 07-22-2013, 03:30 PM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
OK, here you go with a well quoted maintenance schedule that would make your German mechanic proud!

Realistically, with a heads up from reading this board, you can oversee what work is done by your local dealer and call them out on any shirked responsibilities. Fluid changes prior to what is called for by the idrive schedule on your car will be at your expense but may be well worth.

BTW, you are due an annual oil change regardless of the mileage under the BMW full maintenance plan even though some dealers will balk. Good to have the US maintenance paperwork in hand which you might obtain a copy of from the dealer or some kind soul here could have a PDF handy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Old School Maintenance Schedule v02.11.pdf (429.6 KB, 2068 views)

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)
Old 07-22-2013, 04:50 PM

To laser

Thank you. I really appreciate all your help guys. It is nice to see that other people care about their bimmers as much as I do

I already changed the oil back in Germany in April, but I will change it again soon just in case.

Thanks again,
Mircea
Old 07-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Spelling Impaired

Mein Auto: '10 Mazda3 HB
This isn't very current, but you asked...

I bought my E46 from them in 1999. It was a stereotypical car dealership experience...Fast talking salesment that knew little about their product and would only speak to me, totally ignoring my then-fiance's comments and questions. Back then I was young and naive, otherwise I would have gone to Tulsa, Dallas, or KC to buy the car. The guys in Tulsa were great when I looked at a used car there.

Service was a little better, but slow and when I went on an assingment to Korea they gave my wife a lot of run around. Very much a bunch of good-ole-boys. I found the experience similar to some GM dealerships.

1999 was a long time ago, so hopefully they've improved.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Pedant and Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 335d
I know we don't normally link to other forums, but this is germane to the discussion.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...n-CPO-warranty