Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
Comfort rear seats? Surround view?

Didn't see any of this detail in the press release. Curious what comfort rear seats are and surround view. Did BMW make a 360 degree view now? they always called the 270 degree view Top View. Glad to see a spare is still available in the X5.
Ads by Google
Old 07-25-2013, 09:05 PM

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
well 360 surround view camera is confirmed! Awesome!
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...a_systems.html
Old 07-27-2013, 07:20 PM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
^ finally they have gotten up to speed to their competitors. Heck Alpine, i believe makes a system that had this surround view on a X5 demo car. But thats good.

Rear comfort seats:
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...seats.html#t=l

Im only wondering whether you have to get rear comfort seats, to get sliding and reclining 2nd row seats....that would be a WTF moment if thats required

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 08-11-2013, 05:21 PM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar Don View Post
Didn't see any of this detail in the press release. Curious what comfort rear seats are and surround view. Did BMW make a 360 degree view now? they always called the 270 degree view Top View. Glad to see a spare is still available in the X5.
Yes, the prototypes ALL had the front camera as well giving them all 360-degree views. There is also a new PDC feature that can actually STOP your car before you hit anything once invoked. Only works below 5MPH though

Someone else here mentioned that the optional rear comfort seats could be adjusted reward an additional 3 inches but I do not recall seeing that feature.

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)

Last edited by ndabunka; 08-11-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:04 PM
BMW-addicted

Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Someone else here mentioned that the optional rear comfort seats could be adjusted reward an additional 3 inches but I do not recall seeing that feature.

That was me in the rear DVD-thread. The link NoI4plz provided about the rear seats is a bit more specific:

"The comfort seats at the rear have particularly comfortable upholstery and offer a range of individual adjustments. For example, the backrest tilt angle of the two outer seats can be set to several different positions. The comfort seats can be shifted by 80 millimetres forwards and backwards in a 60:40 split. This allows knee and luggage space to be extended as required."
Old 09-18-2013, 11:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 (F15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoI4plz View Post

Im only wondering whether you have to get rear comfort seats, to get sliding and reclining 2nd row seats....that would be a WTF moment if thats required
I think a very important open question is whether you get the same legroom with rear comfort seats. The description states that you can slide forward/backward 3" but from what point? What is the max rear legroom available if you get rear comfort seats, vs the legroom for regular rear seats.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:21 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 2014 X5 xDrive35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybd2 View Post
I think a very important open question is whether you get the same legroom with rear comfort seats. The description states that you can slide forward/backward 3" but from what point? What is the max rear legroom available if you get rear comfort seats, vs the legroom for regular rear seats.
Did you find the answer to this question? I'm curious about the same thing and haven't been able to get a clear response from anywhere.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 (F15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ialtaras View Post
Did you find the answer to this question? I'm curious about the same thing and haven't been able to get a clear response from anywhere.
I can report that my sales associate at the dealer stated that the non-comfort seats have as much legroom as the comfort seats that are slid back into the furthest position. Bottom line: no extra legroom with the comfort seats.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:44 AM

Thank you
Old 10-22-2013, 09:14 AM

Mein Auto: Lexus
I'm not ordering the rear comfort seats on my F15, but I am ordering the 3rd row. Will the BASE second row seats recline at all with those options?

Last edited by jbwitt; 10-22-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: forgot to mention something
Old 10-22-2013, 10:03 AM

No the base rear seats don't recline.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:25 PM

I asked a bad question. I should not have asked if the base seats recline. I should have just asked if the second row reclines when you get the third row. The answer is yes... because when you order the third row, the second row is automatically upgraded to the comfort seats. I found a salesman today that confirmed that with a car on the lot. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:35 PM

Yes that's right because as you said the base seats become comfort seats with the third row. Either way I'm a tad disappointed that the rear seats can not slide back to create extra leg room no matter what option.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:21 PM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Yes that's right because as you said the base seats become comfort seats with the third row. Either way I'm a tad disappointed that the rear seats can not slide back to create extra leg room no matter what option.
Not to be a douche, but how would getting a different seat increase the vehicle standard dimensions? Comfort seats vs Base seats are basically a difference in material and the number of adjustments, however the working dimensions are gonna be the same. Until we get the X7 or X5L from BMW in 2018 comfort seats are just a way to increase revenue for BMW sales.

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:03 PM

Of course getting a different seat would not increase vehicle dimensions. The comfort seat is advertised as "you can slide forward/backward 3 inches" which makes one think that you can actually slide the seat back into the trunk space (stealing some space from the trunk area) but it seems like the comfort seats can only slide forward 3 inches then it can only slide back to it's initial position. It can not slide backwards.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Of course getting a different seat would not increase vehicle dimensions. The comfort seat is advertised as "you can slide forward/backward 3 inches" which makes one think that you can actually slide the seat back into the trunk space (stealing some space from the trunk area) but it seems like the comfort seats can only slide forward 3 inches then it can only slide back to it's initial position. It can not slide backwards.
I have to agree that the description of the comfort seat gives you the impression that the rear seats slide back from their default position.