Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings added style and new features to the BMW's mid-sized SUV. Talk about the BMW F25 X3 with other X3 owners now!

Old 04-22-2015, 05:59 AM

Mein Auto: X3
X3 Passenger Window Broken

Hi all, I am new to the forum.

I am very happy with my X3 2015. I bought last week. Yesterday evening, I parked it at my kids school parking lot and after there program I came back to the parking lot, I saw the glass on the passenger side had been broken and shattered by thieves. The back hood was left open and no Alarm goes off. I am surprize with Alarm system as it should goes off once some one open the door alothough there were couple other car's glass got broken too.
Finally reported to parking police. Now, I have a question. Should I just drive to one of the authorzied BMW dealership repair shop and have it fix, or should I find local repair shops that particularly repair windows and glass on vehicles? I have full coverage from my auto insurance, but my comprehencive deductiable is $1000. Any one has such experience in Halifax, NS

Thanks in advance for your input.
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2015, 06:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 535xi 2013 X3 35i
If your comprehensive deductible is $1000, I would find a reputable auto glass replacement shop and ask them to order an OEM glass and install it. You can also call your local BMW dealer and ask them which glass shop they use for replacement window work.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:10 PM

Mein Auto:
I would recommend going to the BMW dealership or authorized repair shops. Insurance would prefer you choose the cheaper preferred garages, but you have the choice instead of worrying they use cheaper aftermarket parts. Remember the repair cost is capped at the deductible, so even if BMW is more expensive insurance would still honour the claim. The Adjuster is not your friend, be careful in accepting their recommendations on a cheaper repair shop.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
If your comprehensive deductible is $1000, I would find a reputable auto glass replacement shop and ask them to order an OEM glass and install it. You can also call your local BMW dealer and ask them which glass shop they use for replacement window work.
Thank you for your quick reply, I did call the local authorized body shop and waiting for estimate.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slam_stocks View Post
I would recommend going to the BMW dealership or authorized repair shops. Insurance would prefer you choose the cheaper preferred garages, but you have the choice instead of worrying they use cheaper aftermarket parts. Remember the repair cost is capped at the deductible, so even if BMW is more expensive insurance would still honour the claim. The Adjuster is not your friend, be careful in accepting their recommendations on a cheaper repair shop.
Thank you for your input,

Yes you are right, I would also go through the recommended authorized repair shop.