Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > The MINI Board

The MINI Board
The Mini Cooper Forum

Old 07-27-2013, 07:35 PM

Mein Auto: mini
Angry EWS,DME,BCM Dealership key programming NIGHTMARE

Hi newbie here ,

I have had a big nightmare with mini dealership and still after coming out the problem is half fixed ,

So start of the story is i lost my keys in university before i finished i had key care cover so they will help me towards the cost of getting a new set recovered , i thought okay this wont be a problem go to main dealership and they will sort me out ?
Ahhh farrr from the truth , i got told they had to replace the locks make new key and code it to the Modules (bcm,dme,ews) correct me if im wrong im not that technical . sooo upon giving them the go ahead i get a phone call saying your set of modules are from italy ? :S they not the original ones , soo now they have to purchase a new bcm and ews to see if they can code it with the key, i then get another phone call saying the dme needs replacing and thats going to cost me over£900 ? i said hell no to that and they came back to me saying if they purchase a new barrel it may work , gave me a 3 week wait until the new barrel came and it still didnt work and now they where saying i need to still replace the dme ????? now i went back to unit to see if anyone found my key as it was last day LUCKLY someone found it and so i gave it to bmw and they just connected the key back and it worked now my problem is i bought the car with only one manual key and thats the only one that works , now im stuck with 4 new keys 2 thats remote keys and two EWS and i have been charged £2700+, what are my options to programme the ews to the remote key as mini where telling me the ews comes up with an error when programming :S :S this is very confusing please could anyone shed some light

Thankyou

Last edited by mulla_93; 07-27-2013 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Information
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2013, 09:41 PM

Mein Auto: mini
Invoice

invoice of items bought
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	135.1 KB