Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-29-2013, 07:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 bmw 325i
buying used bmw 2006 325i

im thinking about buying a used 2006 bmw 325i and i would like some feedback on what to look or check for in a used bmw to make sure its in good condition. also the car is out of warranty. would BMW give me some kind of warranty if i have them check it out? the car has 69k miles. i would also like to know if this model has been reliable.

if youve had this car or know about its model please feel free to state any common problems with the car or anything that will help me make a better judgment thanks.

if i buy it the car would be around $12-$13k. thanks
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2013, 10:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
I bought my 2006 with about as many miles. I had HLC (Hydraulic Lash Compensator) noise almost immediately. Took it in where the dealer was able to see that they had been worked on before. I was still under CPO so the dealer installed a brand new cylinder head. Good thing, because some of the earlier heads had oiling problems. Problem solved with the update. Around 85k-90k the water pump went out. Not a cheap part and not cheap for the dealer to repair. Plenty of DIY's on here and elsewhere to read up on. Total cost for part and dealer install; $1200. No other mechanical failures to speak of. I have an idle misfire, but tracking that down as we speak. Cosmetically, parts of the interior are junk. Right cup holder replaced 3 times. Now it is just out and won't go back in. The grey on the door handles is pealing, and on the rear of the console as well. Be sure to keep your sunroof drains clear, or you'll get a brown "A" pillar like I have. The rubber widow molding on the windshield and rear window doesn't last long, so check it for cracks and get it replaced. The Conti Run Flats have let me down twice, so my suggestion is to invest in non-RFT's and a spare, or get a plug kit and 12vDC air pump. Other than that, it's a fine care. Overall, very easy to work on with most things that go out fairly accessible.