Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:55 AM

Mein Auto: Camry
Pricing advice for F15

I'm new to the community, first time purchasing a new vehicle... and I'm going with the F15! Been a fan for years and now have enough saved up to make a small dent into the cost of this.

I made several calls yesterday to dealerships - trying to get an understanding of pricing and timetables. Here's what I've found...

- dealer 1 says the dealerships are putting their orders in for their first batch of the F15 starting 8/1. Dealer delivery in 8 weeks +/- 1 week. That puts us at the end of September.

- dealer 2 confirmed same information. Noted that each dealership is limited to around 5-6 units for their first order. When asked about pricing, offered $1,500 off MSRP.

**Questions for bmw veterans**
What kind of discounts can I reasonably expect given this is a new model? $1,500 off MSRP seemed a bit thin to me. The way I have it configured, that's about a 2% discount.
Would appreciate any insight into previous experiences.
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 35i Sport Sapphire
Being one of the first to order any new model will cost you. I am actually surprised that they even gave any discounts.

Retired

1999 Prelude SH / Pearl White /
2007 X3 Sport / Jet Black /
2010 X5 Sport / Sapphire Black /

Current
2013 X5 M-Sport / M-Power / Alpine White /
Old 07-31-2013, 01:32 PM

Mein Auto: VW Jetta
I am hoping to get 5% OFF if we can wait a month or two. Also, if possible take PD and deal with some remote dealer.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:39 PM

Mein Auto: Camry
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimmerx5 View Post
I am hoping to get 5% OFF if we can wait a month or two. Also, if possible take PD and deal with some remote dealer.

Apologies for my ignorance.. what do you mean by ''take PD"?
Old 07-31-2013, 02:40 PM

Performance Delivery Program.
http://www.bmwusa.com/performancecenter
Old 07-31-2013, 03:21 PM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
As a person who likes to observe buying experiences for those who want the first of a new Model, I can say your experience is quite good. Usually new models either see their first couple hundred sales at MSRP or above; any discount is the cherry on top. Most dealerships are not going to get any sale support for a brand new BMW. You can try hard to get any additional dollars knocked off, but its gonna be met with the familiar "we can do that for the E70, but if your interested in the F15, You are outta your mind".

Only possible discounts I can think of:
1) Try seeing how the fest sponsers are pricing out their allocations, possibly try a Performance Center Delivery at the Spartanburg Plant where the X5 is made in SC
2) If your company has any connections with BMW. I know of people who somehow assist BMW NA in maintaining their operations (aka Corporate Partner) who have received discounts regardless of Model Year (every fresh new launches)
3) USAA Active member
4) BMWCCA member
5) Diplomat Discount

.....As of currently, with the market situation and the F15s current age, $1500 seems sweet.

But if your $$$ conscious then I suggest waiting till at least the end of December.

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 07-31-2013, 03:40 PM

Mein Auto: was 530d, is X5d 2011
maybe there is no "wow" re F15 on the market and they have noticed this; many people (including me) are hesitating whether F15 is the next choice after E70

WTB: spare tire kit
Old 08-04-2013, 04:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5d, 08 S2000, SL500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanar200 View Post
maybe there is no "wow" re F15 on the market and they have noticed this; many people (including me) are hesitating whether F15 is the next choice after E70
Good observation. Why else would you discount from day one?
Old 08-04-2013, 11:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 xDrive50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanar200 View Post
Exactly! That's why I leased another E70. I'm planning to get the X7 when my lease is up. BMW, please don't screw up the X7!
Old 08-11-2013, 05:52 PM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoo32 View Post
I'm new to the community, first time purchasing a new vehicle... and I'm going with the F15! Been a fan for years and now have enough saved up to make a small dent into the cost of this.

When asked about pricing, offered $1,500 off MSRP.

**Questions for bmw veterans**
What kind of discounts can I reasonably expect given this is a new model? $1,500 off MSRP seemed a bit thin to me. The way I have it configured, that's about a 2% discount.
Would appreciate any insight into previous experiences.
Ah, NONE for brand new models. Did you get the $1,500 off IN WRITING from that one dealer? if not, then don;t count on getting even that until about 6 months into production (e.g. If you place your order in March '14 for a May '14 delivery). However, you probably CAN get as much as $10K off one of the 2013 models so there is your rub. If you are (at all) price-sensitive (e.g. wanting discounts) then I would be willing to bet that you end up with a '13 in the end.

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)
Old 08-12-2013, 10:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 xDrive 35d
OP,

I know the money is burning your pocket but if you can live with your Camry for another year or so, it is best that you postpone your purchase of an F15. In a year from now, the model will have matured a bit and issues that will no doubt appear in the first year will have hopefully been addressed. And you should be able to get much better bargains then...
Old 08-12-2013, 12:15 PM
BMW-addicted

Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwan View Post
OP,

I know the money is burning your pocket but if you can live with your Camry for another year or so, it is best that you postpone your purchase of an F15. In a year from now, the model will have matured a bit and issues that will no doubt appear in the first year will have hopefully been addressed. And you should be able to get much better bargains then...
+1

I'm quite confident that in a year or so (MY15?), the F15 will be sold just as any "regular" BMW, meaning that finding a dealer on this forum willing to sell for invoive + =/<$1,000 won't be difficult.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
+1

I'm quite confident that in a year or so (MY15?), the F15 will be sold just as any "regular" BMW, meaning that finding a dealer on this forum willing to sell for invoive + =/<$1,000 won't be difficult.
currently, there is only 3 to 4 vehicles are given per dealer. so, its difficult to get invoice + $$$ until next couple of months.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:17 PM
BMW-addicted

Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimmerx5 View Post
currently, there is only 3 to 4 vehicles are given per dealer. so, its difficult to get invoice + $$$ until next couple of months.
Yup, that's why I stated "in a year or so (MY15?)".

Right now, a potential buyer is facing the "double-penalty": In addition to paying a higher price, he has to be the guinea pig for BMW, too..