Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-31-2013, 03:42 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 328i
Turned off by Oyster leather seats

Hi, fellow owners. I hesitated before getting Oyster leather in my new 328i, but it's the end of the season, too late to order, and the car had everything else I wanted. I didn't notice a flaw in the leather in the back seat, what BMW says is a natural one, but which also could be a scratch. In any case, BMW is saying they'll get me a replacement seat panel from Germany and it will be good as new. But in weeks. My question: Has anyone ever successfully covered up or repaired a small scratch (not a tear) on Oyster leather and if so, with what? And, two, How do I keep Oyster leather clean (I notice that it already shows dirt fast and have seen in other forums that people wearing jeans can cause problems). Appreciate any insights, as well as specific products. Cheers.
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
yes I had tan leather seats in my 4 runner and they showed dirt and once they develop creases you will see the dirt, Stick with Black leather in the future

however if you are single its a good line to tell girls that they have to ride with out clothes as to not get the seats dirty

Haha
Old 07-31-2013, 07:54 PM

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKitty View Post
Hi, fellow owners. I hesitated before getting Oyster leather in my new 328i, but it's the end of the season, too late to order, and the car had everything else I wanted. I didn't notice a flaw in the leather in the back seat, what BMW says is a natural one, but which also could be a scratch. In any case, BMW is saying they'll get me a replacement seat panel from Germany and it will be good as new. But in weeks. My question: Has anyone ever successfully covered up or repaired a small scratch (not a tear) on Oyster leather and if so, with what? And, two, How do I keep Oyster leather clean (I notice that it already shows dirt fast and have seen in other forums that people wearing jeans can cause problems). Appreciate any insights, as well as specific products. Cheers.
Jeans have 'rivets' off course and I can't imagine that this good over the long term for the seats. There have been plenty of threads for leather cleaners in here, so I encourage you to search (great info!). The lightest color seats that I've had was "saddle" in my 335i, and I was surprised how dirty they got. Everything else has been black...but just because it's a dark color doesn't mean it shouldn't be cleaned as the dirt/grit can damage the leather.
E46 M3 6MT
E39 528i 5MT
MBz W140 S320
MBz W124 300E (slammed)
(unmentionables in between)
'71 AMC Javelin (4-Spd Stick on the floor)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 'cabrio' (1st car - "the leaker")
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member: BMW CCA
Old 07-31-2013, 09:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328I xdrive
Oyster black interior

I have oyster/black interior in my year old 2011 328xi.
I think the color contrast is awesome and love it. I only have 4,000 miles on it but try to clean my driver seat regularly (once a month). I use Meguires leather cleaner and protectant. It seems to work well. I made the mistake of wearing new blue jeans once and the blue really came off on the seat. It did lean up great though. Now if I wear jeans I throw a towel on the seat.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:51 AM

Mein Auto: lookin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKitty View Post
.... How do I keep Oyster leather clean (I notice that it already shows dirt fast and have seen in other forums that people wearing jeans can cause problems). Appreciate any insights, as well as specific products. Cheers.
Suggest you try "The Detail Department" forum, http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
"Turned off by Oyster leather"?

That's odd because Oysters are often claimed to be an aphrodisiac. I would expect that they might turn you on.

You might trade the car in on one with Spanish Fly leather seats to get the desired effect.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Official 'Fest GIF Guy

Mein Auto: 2008 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BashedBarrique View Post
"Turned off by Oyster leather"?

That's odd because Oysters are often claimed to be an aphrodisiac. I would expect that they might turn you on.

You might trade the car in on one with Spanish Fly leather seats to get the desired effect.

"When you can't run, you crawl... and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you."

|100,000mile Club (E92)2008 335i SGM "Io"- Cobb Tuned |6AT|Premium|Sport|
|AE Performance CBE|AR Design DPs|CF GTR Vented Hood|Cobb AP V2|SP Lowering Perches (F)|M3 FCAs|VRSF 5" FMIC|
|BMS DCI|Niche Targa M129 18x8/18x9.5|BMS Spacers 10mm/15mm|BP Drilled/Slotted Rotors|BP Ceramic Pads|
|Forge DVs|CP-e Upper CP|VRSF Lower CP|BMS Cowl Delete|MR Front Strut Bar|BMS OCC|Custom CA License Plate|