Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 328i Coupe Auto
No auto unlock!

I'm kinda surprised and annoyed that my car, with the premium package, does not have an automatic door unlock of some sort. Ive set it to automatically lock when you drive away, should auto unlock when put in park.....it may not seem like a big deal, but I live in Las Vegas, and go out with my wife every weekend to various restaurants and lounges and most have valet parking. I'm thinking when I valet park, the attendant will have to look for, and press the lock button on the dash to unlock the door for my wife. All the descent cars I've had, all had an auto unlock of some sort. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Thanks for listening!

Rob
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Sorry, not a BMW thing. Been this way for years. The double pull is iconic BMW. Kind of like the ignition in the console with Saab. I imagine most valets are quite familiar with this BMW characteristic. Embrace it. It's actually safer than having the doors unlock when you put the car in park, which would make you and her vulnerable to unwanted entry to the car.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 08-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Leave gun. Take Canoli.

Mein Auto: 435, Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Sorry, not a BMW thing. Been this way for years. The double pull is iconic BMW. Kind of like the ignition in the console with Saab. I imagine most valets are quite familiar with this BMW characteristic. Embrace it. It's actually safer than having the doors unlock when you put the car in park, which would make you and her vulnerable to unwanted entry to the car.
Yea, as much as I wish mine did auto unlock I agree that its safer and am now just used to the quick double pull.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i MT
no auto unlock

Either find someone that can code your car or learn how to do it yourself with NCSexpert, it's really not too hard. If you enable ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR in the CAS module it will unlock the doors when you remove your FOB.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:44 AM
The Usual Suspect

Mein Auto: 98 E39 540i - 09 E90 328i
Are these $80 Ebay code tools good enough? http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-MINI-USB...31cd03&vxp=mtr
Old 08-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by billeul View Post
Either find someone that can code your car or learn how to do it yourself with NCSexpert, it's really not too hard. If you enable ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR in the CAS module it will unlock the doors when you remove your FOB.
This is as close as you'll get to what you want. It won't automatically unlock your doors when you put your car in park, but it will unlock the doors if you hold the Start/Stop button for a couple seconds.

This feature only works IF the car auto locked the doors in the first place. If you lock the doors via the button on the dash, this feature will not work.

If you enable, Komfort_Eject as well, it will also eject the key fob from the slot so you don't have to press it in, then pull it out.

You can also custom code the time interval to hold the Start/Stop button via nettodat coding. You can make the feature instant, instead of holding the button to activate it.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 08-04-2013, 10:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCo540i View Post
Are these $80 Ebay code tools good enough? http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-MINI-USB...31cd03&vxp=mtr
Don't know about that cable. I'd go with the cable suggested in most of the BMW coding forums. There are many poor quality K+DCAN cables on ebay that are either intermiitent or will not work at all. Goggle BMW coding to get an idea what is involved and what you would need. Another popular E90 forun has a coding topic with good information. It took me several months to learn how to code, but I am 64 years old and past well beyond the fast leaner stage.

Last edited by billeul; 08-04-2013 at 10:04 AM. Reason: correct typos
Old 08-05-2013, 06:05 AM
Cobb-Powered N55

Mein Auto: 2011 E93 335i
The RemoteKey product from Mods4cars provides a configurable auto-unlock function among several others. It's a cousin to the SmartTop for cabrios, which shares many of the same features including auto-unlock on either ignition off or removing the fob.

Cheers.