Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Site Sponsors & Bimmerfest Group Buys

Site Sponsors & Bimmerfest Group Buys
Looking to get some great BMW parts for your car? Get the latest info on sponsor group buys, new products or simply ask a site sponsor a question here!

Old 08-06-2013, 03:54 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto:
-= BimmerTech - BEST Rear View Camera RETROFIT =-

World's best aftermarket rear view camera retrofit for your BMW.

Why is it better than any other rear view camera retrofit?

Integrates with the iDrive like OEM camera - when you put the car in reverse the iDrive system will activate the OEM camera mode and the camera picture will show on the iDrive screen together with the Park Distance Control exactly the same as in BMW cars with OEM rear view camera option.

100% Plug and Play- no cutting, splicing or other modifications to the original car harness.

Superb picture quality during the day and at night - thanks to the high end lens and image sensor used in our camera no other rear view camera retrofit can offer such clear and crisp picture.

OEM-like finish - the camera is integrated in the trunk handle like BMW camera. The trunk handle is made from a single piece of OEM-like material and it feels, looks and functions like OEM.

Simple installation - we reduced the number of components and wires in this retrofit kit to minimum. This makes the installation process easier than for any other rear view camera retrofit available on the market.

Camera specification:
Pick-up Device: 1089K 1/3 Image Sensor
Number of Image Pixels: 410K 510(H) x 492(V)
Resolution: 380 TV Lines
Consumption Current: 60mA MAX (at DC 12V)
Operating Voltage: DC 12V (6V~18V)
Lens: Wide Viewing Angle, 160(D), 121(H), 88(V), F=1.8
Shutter Control: Auto IRIS(1/60~1/100,000)
S/N Ratio: More than 42dB
Min, illumination: 0.01Lux

Requirements:
- CIC iDrive
- Remote coding to enable the OEM camera mode (included)

Pricing:
http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...amera-retrofit

> Phone (USA): (646) 439-7920 (7:00am - 3:00pm ET) :: Nelson@bimmer-tech.net :: www.bimmer-tech.net
> Installation facilities worldwide.

>
>
>
> Follow us on
Ads by Google
Old 08-20-2013, 11:55 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
I recently purchased the rear view camera kit from BimmerTech and installed it in my 2010 E60. The installation was easy and straight forward. I did get a bit confused on the cable arrangement but Patryk of BimmerTech was most helpful. The camera works as advertised and has a very clear picture.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2006-530xi; 1998-528i
How did you get the coding done?

I understand that you need some coding - did you do it yourself or go to the dealer?
Old 11-27-2013, 05:00 AM

Rear View Camera

The kit that I purchased did not require any coding.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E53 N62; E90 N52
Do the lines move based on the steering angle, so you know where you are going?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 02-08-2014, 08:15 PM

I'm not sure of the lines to which you refer but my camera has distance indicators that have green, yellow and red areas. When the object behind you comes into the red zone your rear bumper is about a foot away from it. The best I can tell is that the left and right indicators represent the width of the car and point or move in the direction that the back of the car is moving. I've also noticed that I can use the right side indicator to avoid rubbing the curb when parallel parking, my rims really appreciates that too. If this is too confusing let me know and I'll try to get a picture and post it.