Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 08-19-2013, 12:47 PM
tturedraider's Avatar
tturedraider tturedraider is offline
Freedom isn't free!!
Location: Chicago, north shore (via Tennessee & Texas)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,477
Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbimmerman View Post
Does the $1000 test drive incentive have to be used at the dealer where the test drive occured? or can it be used at another dealer.
Thanks. I'm still working out the details of the next BMW
Any dealer.
__________________

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-19-2013, 02:10 PM
snelldogg snelldogg is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 135
Mein Auto: ED 9/18: 2014 335i MSport
I haven't seen people posting about bank fees for a Lease. I am being charged a $750 to initiate the lease.

Sound right?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-19-2013, 02:54 PM
EstorilF30 EstorilF30 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 486
Mein Auto: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by snelldogg View Post
I haven't seen people posting about bank fees for a Lease. I am being charged a $750 to initiate the lease.

Sound right?
There is a fee that ranges from the 600's to 800's that I recall is a dealer documentation fee. Best bet is to post your complete fee structure to ensure that the dealer isn't double dipping you on fees ...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-19-2013, 02:59 PM
furby076's Avatar
furby076 furby076 is offline
IntarWeb Stalker
Location: 95 Feet Under
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,090
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by snelldogg View Post
I haven't seen people posting about bank fees for a Lease. I am being charged a $750 to initiate the lease.

Sound right?
I had an acquisition fee of 725 a few months ago. You should look to see what the base fee is - that is required by BMW. What I dislike is when the sales team increase that number and call it a mandatory fee. The base is mandatory, the rest is optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Isn't it plagiarism without attribution? Now the furbs will never be able to run for public office.
Are you nuts? Both major parties called me asking for me to run for President in 2016 after this post. They were proud!. I told them that I was not born in the U.S.A. and they said that's absolutely not a problem.
__________________
"Booberry" -ED 2013 335xi | B45 | ZMM | ZDA |Heated Seats | HK |EBII
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-19-2013, 02:59 PM
carderoni carderoni is offline
Registered User
Location: Richmond, VA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: Subaru Legacy GT
Would anybody mind posting the interest rate they got? I've never leased before and, based on a chart from bankrate.com I think I have an idea of what to expect, but I wonder if current incentive have any effect on the interest rates being given out at dealerships.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-19-2013, 07:02 PM
328AL's Avatar
328AL 328AL is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 553
Mein Auto: 2014 328i on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by carderoni View Post
Would anybody mind posting the interest rate they got? I've never leased before and, based on a chart from bankrate.com I think I have an idea of what to expect, but I wonder if current incentive have any effect on the interest rates being given out at dealerships.
It's on the 1st page for specific deals, it's based on a year and a model of your expected lease.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-19-2013, 07:09 PM
MJK Z435IS MJK Z435IS is offline
MJK Z435IS
Location: Miami,Fl
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 81
Mein Auto: 2011 Porsche 911-GTS
Dealer where you test drove the car or any car- no Z4"s in my case. 1500 credit for the drive around the block, I think it is fishy any way.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-19-2013, 07:15 PM
carderoni carderoni is offline
Registered User
Location: Richmond, VA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: Subaru Legacy GT
Thanks. I see the bar money factor is .00127 or 3.08% but I'm wondering can that very up or down? Or only down based on the number of security deposits?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-19-2013, 09:13 PM
328AL's Avatar
328AL 328AL is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 553
Mein Auto: 2014 328i on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by carderoni View Post
Thanks. I see the bar money factor is .00127 or 3.08% but I'm wondering can that very up or down? Or only down based on the number of security deposits?
Assuming your credit is good enough, a dealer can, I believe, add up to 0.0004 as an additional profit. Leasee can reduce a rate by providing multiple security deposits (MSDs); for each deposit that equals your car payment rounded to the next $50 ($601 rounds to $650) you get MF reduction by 0.00007, the max number of MSDs is 7. Thus, if your base rate is 0.00127 and your payment is $601, and if you're willing to deposit $650*7=$4,550 your MF would be reduced by 0.00007*7=0.00049 to 0.00127-0.00049=0.00078
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-21-2013, 01:47 PM
carderoni carderoni is offline
Registered User
Location: Richmond, VA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: Subaru Legacy GT
Has anybody here traded in a car toward a lease? Is the value applied to the lease loan similarly to financing a vehicle? I'm starting talks with a local dealership and this will be my first time leasing.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-21-2013, 03:10 PM
tturedraider's Avatar
tturedraider tturedraider is offline
Freedom isn't free!!
Location: Chicago, north shore (via Tennessee & Texas)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,477
Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carderoni View Post
Has anybody here traded in a car toward a lease? Is the value applied to the lease loan similarly to financing a vehicle? I'm starting talks with a local dealership and this will be my first time leasing.
Trades on leases work just like trades on purchases. Putting large amounts of cash down on leases is not advised. It's almost always a fiscally better decision to have the dealership cut you a check for the value of the trade.
__________________

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-21-2013, 03:13 PM
carderoni carderoni is offline
Registered User
Location: Richmond, VA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: Subaru Legacy GT
Cool, thanks. I want to get my payment down to around $400 monthly on a 335i M Sport, so a large amount down is the only way I know to accomplish that. Why would you recommend selling them the car instead of trading it in?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-22-2013, 10:29 PM
heliochrome85's Avatar
heliochrome85 heliochrome85 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Columbia, SC
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 532
Send a message via AIM to heliochrome85 Send a message via Skype™ to heliochrome85
Mein Auto: 2011 Kia Optima EX
I have placed a deposit on this, for European Delivery.

Car Details:
2014 328i MSport
Length of Lease 36 months
Mileage allowance: 12,000/yr
Color: EBII
Options:
M Sport
Moonroof
Lighting
Navigation

Finance Details:
US MSRP: $46175
US Invoice: $42750
ED MSRP: $43,440
ED Invoice: $40,120
Cost Reduction (Loyalty/Turn Key): None --> ED
Sale Price: $40,120
Residual:60%
Cap Cost: $40,845
Money Factor (Pre-MSD) : 0.00155
Money Factor (Post-MSD): 0.00106
Taxes & Fees: $1318
Multiple Security Deposit: $3,500
Total Due at Signing :$ 4,818
Monthly Payment: $468.31 inc 7% tax (437 without)
Acquisition Fee: $725
Dealer Document Fee: $304

Taxes & Fees Breakdown:
Sales Tax on Items: $0
License& Registration Fee: $550
Upfront Luxury Tax: $0
First Month Payment: $468.31


As best as I can tell, short of the documentation fee, its a fairly straightforward deal. I should get my production slot tomorrow or monday i think. Any thoughts?
__________________

2007 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe- Athens Blue/Slate--"Lola" SOLD (8-8-08)
2011 Kia Optima EX - Black Cherry/Cream

2014 BMW 328i Sport - Estoril Blue II/Black
- ED Pick Up 11/4/13 - PICS
- ED Drop Off 11/6/13
- PCD Re-Delivery: 1/13/14

BMWCCA #434165
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-22-2013, 11:29 PM
328AL's Avatar
328AL 328AL is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 553
Mein Auto: 2014 328i on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by carderoni View Post
Cool, thanks. I want to get my payment down to around $400 monthly on a 335i M Sport, so a large amount down is the only way I know to accomplish that. Why would you recommend selling them the car instead of trading it in?
You probably know if something happens to your car prior to lease termination, you may loose all your down payment money. The best way to cut your payment is use your money toward MSDs.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-22-2013, 11:31 PM
328AL's Avatar
328AL 328AL is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 553
Mein Auto: 2014 328i on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliochrome85 View Post
I have placed a deposit on this, for European Delivery.

Car Details:
2014 328i MSport
Length of Lease 36 months
Mileage allowance: 12,000/yr
Color: EBII
Options:
M Sport
Moonroof
Lighting
Navigation

Finance Details:
US MSRP: $46175
US Invoice: $42750
ED MSRP: $43,440
ED Invoice: $40,120
Cost Reduction (Loyalty/Turn Key): None --> ED
Sale Price: $40,120
Residual:60%
Cap Cost: $40,845
Money Factor (Pre-MSD) : 0.00155
Money Factor (Post-MSD): 0.00106
Taxes & Fees: $1318
Multiple Security Deposit: $3,500
Total Due at Signing :$ 4,818
Monthly Payment: $468.31 inc 7% tax (437 without)
Acquisition Fee: $725
Dealer Document Fee: $304

Taxes & Fees Breakdown:
Sales Tax on Items: $0
License& Registration Fee: $550
Upfront Luxury Tax: $0
First Month Payment: $468.31


As best as I can tell, short of the documentation fee, its a fairly straightforward deal. I should get my production slot tomorrow or monday i think. Any thoughts?
Looks pretty darn good!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-23-2013, 08:24 PM
swales1 swales1 is offline
Registered User
Location: Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2014 328ix GT
First post, first lease and first potential BMW so please don't bitch-slap me if I come off like a newbie. I usually buy my cars outright but I'm at the age where I'm doing well in my professional career and want to move into a brand that I've been lusting after for a long time. I have 2 youngish (8 and 6) kids so I opted to go for the GT over the wagon and sedan based on the rearseat room and ability to carry gear.

I'm looking at the following 2014 328i xdrive GT M-Sport:

Deal
2014 328xi GT for 36 months/10k miles
Alpine White
Black Dakota Leather
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
Lighting Package
M sport
Premium Package
Technology Package
Harman Kardon surround sound
The only thing I really wanted but is lacking is the ZDH - dynamic handling. I'm still on the fence about going for this particular GT which is on the lot due to hearing so many good things about ZDH.

MSRP: $55,150
Invoice: $51,285 approx
Sale Price: $50,500 (includes the $1000 off from Ultimate Drive) - haven't received confirmation that my offer has been accepted yet, btw.
Residual: 63%
Cap Cost: $0
Money Factor: 0.00076 (lowered due to MSDs)
Taxes & Fees: 3,522.75
Multiple Security Deposit:$4,550
Total Due at Signing :$6,499.88
Monthly Payment: $555.78

Taxes & Fees Breakdown
Sales Tax on Items: $8
License& Registration Fee: $521.10
Upfront Luxury Tax: $
First Month Payment: $555.78
Upfront Sales Tax: $1,362.87
Acquisition Fee: $725
Dealer Document Fee: $350
Total= 3,522.75

I may have double-dipped against myself as I was told that I would need to pay $6499.88 at signing of which $4550 was for the MSD's and $555.78 is for first payment. Using those numbers, I come up with $1394.10 for tax, license, reg, etc.. I'm not making the number reconcile but I'll be talking again to my CA tomorrow so I will get a clear breakdown of which fees are which and which are being paid upfront and which are being baked-in.

I am being quoted $555.78 per month. Please bear in mind that I'm not putting any upfront deposits to lower the cap cost; I'm only doing MSD's and the fees.

Judging against some of the quotes you guys are getting, this doesn't seem so great but please let me know your thoughts. Any recommendations as to best save myself $ over the life of the lease, etc.?


Thanks in advance (and please be gentle)

Stephen
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-23-2013, 10:39 PM
328AL's Avatar
328AL 328AL is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 553
Mein Auto: 2014 328i on order
I'd drive GT with and without DHP if you can, I think it would make a bigger difference on this car due to the aerodynamic of GT.

Something I already mentioned in that thread for you to consider, if anything happens to your car prior to lease termination, you will loose all your upfront money except MSDs.

Other than that, numbers look good.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-23-2013, 10:43 PM
swales1 swales1 is offline
Registered User
Location: Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2014 328ix GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328AL View Post
I'd drive GT with and without DHP if you can, I think it would make a bigger difference on this car due to the aerodynamic of GT.

Something I already mentioned in that thread for you to consider, if anything happens to your car prior to lease termination, you will loose all your upfront money except MSDs.

Other than that, numbers look good.
Thanks!

I can't find any GT's in the Northern New Jersey / NYC area with DHP to compare to, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-23-2013, 10:54 PM
328AL's Avatar
328AL 328AL is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 553
Mein Auto: 2014 328i on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by swales1 View Post
Thanks!

I can't find any GT's in the Northern New Jersey / NYC area with DHP to compare to, unfortunately.
You probably would not be able to find any 3 - series on a dealer's lot with DHP. As soon as I mentioned DHP to my SA, he immediately went "special order", no one has it.

Search for reviews of people who had driven both. My personal concern (and may be unfounded) that this car is longer, taller and heavier then 328/335, something is got to give.

Also, keep in mind that your cost is going to be around $400 (lease/residual, etc.).
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-27-2013, 10:34 AM
swales1 swales1 is offline
Registered User
Location: Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2014 328ix GT
Had to haggle a bit (including walking out of the dealership, knowing full well that I'd get a call the next day; and I did) but finally closed on the terms for the lease of my 328xi GT at a sales price of 50,948 which ended up at $569 per month for the 36 month lease. At least it was still under invoice (after factoring in Ultimate Drive credit) for a car just hitting dealers.

On Saturday, I'll be picking up my alpine white 328xi GT Msport line with Black Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Technology Package and Harman Kardon surround sound, etc.

Very excited!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-27-2013, 12:02 PM
MJK Z435IS MJK Z435IS is offline
MJK Z435IS
Location: Miami,Fl
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 81
Mein Auto: 2011 Porsche 911-GTS
what was the down payment?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-27-2013, 12:23 PM
swales1 swales1 is offline
Registered User
Location: Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2014 328ix GT
0 for my down payment.

Instead, I went with straight MSD's to get the interest rate down to 0.0007 and then just the unavoidable fees and taxes.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-27-2013, 12:29 PM
328AL's Avatar
328AL 328AL is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 553
Mein Auto: 2014 328i on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by swales1 View Post
Had to haggle a bit (including walking out of the dealership, knowing full well that I'd get a call the next day; and I did) but finally closed on the terms for the lease of my 328xi GT at a sales price of 50,948 which ended up at $569 per month for the 36 month lease. At least it was still under invoice (after factoring in Ultimate Drive credit) for a car just hitting dealers.

On Saturday, I'll be picking up my alpine white 328xi GT Msport line with Black Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Technology Package and Harman Kardon surround sound, etc.

Very excited!
That's Great! Congratulations!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Beemerup Beemerup is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Jose
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 290
Mein Auto: 2011 535/328xi Sport Wag
Alright, here goes:

Car Details:
2013 335 Sedan
Length of Lease (36)
Mileage allowance: (12k)
Color: Saphire Black
Options: Sport, Premium, heated seats

Finance Details:
MSRP: $49925
Invoice: $45660 -ish
Cost Reduction (Loyalty/Turn Key): -$1000
Dealer Profit: $not sure...checking
Sale Price: $47025
Residual: % 62
Cap Cost: $47054
Money Factor (Pre-MSD) : 0.00116
Money Factor (Post-MSD - Each MSD reduces MF by 0.00007): 0.0049
Taxes & Fees: $48.40
Multiple Security Deposit:$ 4200
Total Due at Signing :$ 5304.58
Monthly Payment: $586.13
Acquisition Fee: $925
Dealer Document Fee: $80

Taxes & Fees Breakdown:
Sales Tax on Items: $
License& Registration Fee: $416
Upfront Luxury Tax: $0
First Month Payment: $586.13
Upfront Sales Tax: $??

Total= $586.13
__________________

10/18/10 ED
2011 535 Jet/Oyster-Black Dakota/Step/Sport/Heated seats/Sat

Last edited by Beemerup; 08-27-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-27-2013, 07:46 PM
328AL's Avatar
328AL 328AL is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 553
Mein Auto: 2014 328i on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerup View Post
Alright, here goes:

Car Details:
2013 335 Sedan
Length of Lease (36)
Mileage allowance: (12k)
Color: Saphire Black
Options: Sport, Premium, heated seats

Finance Details:
MSRP: $49925
Invoice: $45660 -ish
Cost Reduction (Loyalty/Turn Key): -$1000
Dealer Profit: $not sure...checking
Sale Price: $47025
Residual: % 62
Cap Cost: $47054
Money Factor (Pre-MSD) : 0.00116
Money Factor (Post-MSD - Each MSD reduces MF by 0.00007): 0.0049
Taxes & Fees: $48.40
Multiple Security Deposit:$ 4200
Total Due at Signing :$ 5304.58
Monthly Payment: $586.13
Acquisition Fee: $925
Dealer Document Fee: $80

Taxes & Fees Breakdown:
Sales Tax on Items: $
License& Registration Fee: $416
Upfront Luxury Tax: $0
First Month Payment: $586.13
Upfront Sales Tax: $??

Total= $586.13

The Cap Cost is too high (should be under invoice) , acquisition fees should be $725. What is $1000 reduction specifically for (UDE, build out, etc.?)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms