Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 08-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 7/98 NonVanos 540iA
LOL. Greed.

I would honestly think they would go sub $300 w/o maps with close to 30 ppl buying. I guess that's why these guys get booted off of forum sites with antics like this.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:23 PM

Mein Auto: 1998 528iA
Unsubscribed
Old 08-28-2013, 06:24 PM

Mein Auto: 530I/5SC 97-528/5
For over 25 people the least they can do is 10% OFF otherwise they are stingy...Stingy at best. But, the good news is I don't have to explain to the wife.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 525i
I'm in
Old 08-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW
Hi guys, I can totally understand your feeling. But please let me tell you the true reasons why the price is increased:
1. The unit is so hot that it's in tight supply lately
2. The material costs are rising rapidly this year.
3. The craft design of the unit is improved: (the group buy units are the latest ones with updated design)
- Silkscreen mark on buttons is changed to laser carving mark, which is closer to the BMW interior design.
- Phone call icons on button is updated to be a new nicer one.
(The last version unit is so hot that we can hardly provide one to show you now, but i will figure out a way to show it, please wait.)

Though the price is increased, but I can 100% promise the GB price will always less than our official website & ebay!(Unless there's a very special discount, but you can never know when, right?). You can also buy from ebay, if you feel the price and ebay 1 year warranty is Ok for you! Official group buy is widely welcomed around the world these years, let's focus more on quality and service! (We have 2 year warranty )

Some member mentioned "greed", i am so sad by hear that....In my eyes, greed means in these way: Some vendors provide a cheaper price (though i think we are close to the cheapest), but fail to provide steady product quality and good service; Some brands may have similar units and service as ours, but they just pay too much on advertising, which makes the price is 5-10 times higher than ours. These are "greedy"!

Furthermore, I did very sorry for the final price dose not meet your requirement. But in order to make you guys get the units quicker than other registered customers(hundreds of registers) since it's in low stock, I informed Fudman the GB price even yesterday. And apply the discount on the extended wiring harness too for you guys. All I wish is you can get the units to enjoy earlier and more completely. Hope you like!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 08-29-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Past Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyD View Post
I'm in
Hi Cody, many thanks for understanding and joinning!! Welcome! I've added you to the GB list. I'll start a new thread and tell you guys details about how to pay in group buy section, just stay tuned.

Welcome more guys to join!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 08-28-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:25 PM

Mein Auto: 7/98 NonVanos 540iA
So does this group buy include the updated design or the older design?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Past Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTiger View Post
So does this group buy include the updated design or the older design?
Hi GreenTiger, surely the group buy units are the latest ones with updated design. No worry! Welcome to join!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 08-28-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:07 AM

Mein Auto: 528i E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi guys, I can totally understand your feeling. But please let me tell you the true reasons why the price is increased:
1. The unit is so hot that it's in tight supply lately
2. The material costs are rising rapidly this year.
3. The craft design of the unit is improved: (the group buy units are the latest ones with updated design)
- Silkscreen mark on buttons is changed to laser carving mark, which is closer to the BMW interior design.
- Phone call icons on button is updated to be a new nicer one.
(The unit is so hot that we can hardly provide one to show you now, but i will figure out a way to show it, please wait.)

Though the price is increased, but I can 100% promise the GB price will always less than our official website & ebay!(Unless there's a very special discount, but you can never know when, right?). You can also buy from ebay, if you feel the price and ebay 1 year warranty is Ok for you! Official group buy is widely welcomed around the world these years, let's focus more on quality and service! (We have 2 year warranty )

Some member mentioned "greed", i am so sad by hear that....In my eyes, greed means in these way: Some vendors provide a cheaper price (though i think we are close to the cheapest), but fail to provide steady product quality and good service; Some brands may have similar units and service as ours, but they just pay too much on advertising, which makes the price is 5-10 times higher than ours. These are "greedy"!

Furthermore, I did very sorry for the final price dose not meet your requirement. But in order to make you guys get the units quicker than other registered customers(hundreds of registers) since it's in low stock, I informed Fudman the GB price even yesterday. And apply the discount on the extended wiring harness too for you guys. All I wish is you can get the units to enjoy earlier and more completely. Hope you like!
The way you explained this makes me mad.....

you're trying to sell a sales guy something a sales guy does not want to hear.....

So your telling me that the unit is in such high demand that all E39 owners in the world are jumping to buy it but yet you cannot provide us with a demo on the updated one and how that works? I don't wanna wait for you to show me, I wanna see it now! If we all did buy the unit...all 27+ of us, how do we know that each and everyone will get it in time?

Since it's in such high demand....

I feel that a lot of the guys here waiting to purchase this was looking for some kind of discount, Don't make promises and try fool people by raising rates- people aren't stupid....

Your better off with a discount then making excuses for cheap material costs...Just saying
Old 08-29-2013, 05:29 AM

Mein Auto: 530I/5SC 97-528/5
Dear EononcarDVD,

Stop the non essential excuses. Go back to your CEO, manager whatever with a propose of over $9000.00 in purchase by giving everyone here a 10% discount and call it a good day.

I really don't have to have your system, I'm contend with what I've got. Base on principle of GB I will never buy yours at that price. You can take my name off the list.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:32 AM

Mein Auto: '02 540iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16valex View Post
I really don't have to have your system, I'm content with what I've got. Base on principle of GB I will never buy yours at that price. You can take my name off the list.
+1 sorry

ColdWeather+Summer+Sport--20/30 Ceramic Tint--Euro Armrest--JL 13tw5-3 Subwoofer--LED AEs
Old 08-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Past Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksE39 View Post
So your telling me that the unit is in such high demand that all E39 owners in the world are jumping to buy it but yet you cannot provide us with a demo on the updated one and how that works? I don't wanna wait for you to show me, I wanna see it now! If we all did buy the unit...all 27+ of us, how do we know that each and everyone will get it in time?

Since it's in such high demand....
Hi, jackse39, sorry i didn't make it clear, i mean the last version was so hot and hot to get, i neither have one in the office nor in the warehouse. i want to have both the new version and the elder one to make a contrast pic so that you guys can see the difference clearer!
But even a new unit, we will probably could not have one in hand, cuz i didnt work in the warehouse, i work in the office. It is two different places. A unit is not cheap, so even staff could not get one out of the warehouse at will, we have to apply if in need.

Quote:
I feel that a lot of the guys here waiting to purchase this was looking for some kind of discount, Don't make promises and try fool people by raising rates- people aren't stupid....

Your better off with a discount then making excuses for cheap material costs...Just saying

No! I NEVER consider my customers S******, never, ever! I try to explain things as detail and as clear as i can. No one will treat S** like this, right?
I am new here, so everybody is not that familiar with me, but on other forums, as time goes by, they will know i just their friends, or a helper for connecting them with Eonon. I don't even consider myself a sales. I got no commission from selling units!
But never mind, time will tell.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Past Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16valex View Post
Dear EononcarDVD,

Stop the non essential excuses. Go back to your CEO, manager whatever with a propose of over $9000.00 in purchase by giving everyone here a 10% discount and call it a good day.

I really don't have to have your system, I'm contend with what I've got. Base on principle of GB I will never buy yours at that price. You can take my name off the list.
Hi, friend, We WILL NOT do that thing! Business will not last long in this way, cuz customers are not St****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the540wgn View Post
+1 sorry

It's OK, mate! Join it later whenever you feel the price and the service is good for you. Money still in your pocket, you can always have have your own choice! Time will tell.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 540i, Black on Black
Re: How many would be interested in a Group Buy for the Eonon Audio/Nav Head Unit?

Now in my opinion, having a decent discount for a very large group, is good business. If u believe in ur product, then why not use one of the best tools available for any business. Word of mouth! If u have a group this large happy with ur product, they will talk. So all the other owners of other model Bimmers, as well as, owners of other models that I'm sure u sell for, will hear how satisfied the E39 owners were with ur product. So in turn ur sales will increase across the entire range of products u sell. Especially when they hear from those satisfied customers about how u took care of them and are willing to work with the car clubs instead of trying to stick it to every customer for the sake of profit. So the logic that u've been trying to use & explain is flawed. Any business owner knows these simple tactics and rules. Its business 101. Just saying.....

Sent using BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by dragon6971; 08-29-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:35 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528i
How many would be interested in a Group Buy for the Eonon Audio/Nav Head Unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon6971 View Post
Now in my opinion, having a decent discount for a very large group, is good business. If u believe in ur product, then why not use one of the best tools available for any business. Word of mouth! If u have a group this large happy with ur product, they will talk. So all the other owners of other model Bimmers, as well as, owners of other models that I'm sure u sell for, will hear how satisfied the E39 owners were with ur product. So in turn ur sales will increase across the entire range of products u sell. Especially when they hear from those satisfied customers about how u took care of them and are willing to work with the car clubs instead of trying to stick it to every customer for the sake of profit. So the logic that u've been trying to use & explain is flawed. Any business owner knows these simple tactics and rules. Its business 101. Just saying.....
Amen... Lol.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-29-2013, 11:06 PM

Mein Auto: Bmw E39 528i
How many would be interested in a Group Buy for the Eonon Audio/Nav Head Unit?

Would jump on this but buying tires
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by ibz150; 08-29-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Past Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon6971 View Post

Sent using BimmerApp mobile app

"Word of Mouth", that's what we are doing.And "word of mouth" tactics should base on long run, that is, the company should stay and still exist until the customer finally decide to buy their products. So we could not sell the product at a loss price, it will make the company bankrupt. Chasing for lower price blindly will only make a no-win situation.
I believe Eonon is providing the most affordable price with most steady products and best service!

I can understand you guys want even cheaper price, but I believe you guys are reasonable enough to understand us! Actually, in another forum, the BMW owners have already understood us on this aspect. You can check here if youíre interested in it: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...1001983&page=3 (No. #51 & #52 posts)
Old 08-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Past Sponsor

Hi, finally I mange to get the previous version unit from the factory and make a comparison photo of new & old for you guys. My photo shooting was not that good, hope you donít mind.

Please check the below pictures, you can see the LED buttons have been changed from silkscreen mark to laser carving mark in our latest D5124F units.(Upper unit is the new one.) This new tech costs us much more. But it makes the unit looks more elaborate and higher end. In addition, the light-admitting quality is much better, it can fit your BMW car interior more perfectly! Thereís no PS for this picture, so it may looks not so obvious. But Iím sure that once you see it and touch it, you will know how great is the craft design! Not like silkscreen mark, this laser caving mark on buttons will never fade in the future. 80% of our competitors are still using the silkscreen mark.

Weíre pursuing for perfection even for the little buttons. Not even say the internal components. So D5124F is a great value for the money! Just rest assured!

Old 08-29-2013, 11:46 PM

Mein Auto: 528ia, X5 4.4 sports
I have the earlier version and notice the difference in your pictures. The button label fonts of the new version are thinner and thus match exactly the buttons of our climate controls. The telephone, dvd and next/previous buttons also look better. Is the software/firmware the same? If not, can I update my current D5124F to the latest? What are the internal component updates of the current D5124F?

However, if you say that the light emitted by the current version is better, I wonder how that would look in contrast to the dash lights. The old version matches the dash lights perfectly and looks as if the car came from the factory with it. I suspect the new version button lights may standout against the dash lights. The picture of the top one seems brighter. But I guess that's a moot point given our dash lights brightness is adjustable.....

Last edited by musa; 08-30-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:33 AM
Joel

Mein Auto: E39
Musa, your update/review on the product?
Old 08-31-2013, 06:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to scott740il
Mein Auto: 1999 540iT Wagon
im still tempted even though a new system is going to cost me more because of DSP issues.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:50 AM
Joel

Scott740il, LIke you, I too will have to replace the entire system to support the Eonon. If it is that good, yes, else I want to figure out how to fit an Alpine and retain the flush OE look and steering controls. There is no easy way and I am unsure if the shops here can support that kind of alterations without spoiling the car. Which is why I have kept out of this for so long, but I have to reconsider, as I have started losing pixels on the MID.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to scott740il
Mein Auto: 1999 540iT Wagon
With the unit, labor and new speakers,and amp my guess is around $1200 or so to replace your DSP system.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:13 AM
Joel

Yep, will do it soon. Since the group buy does not provide any additional savings, can buy any time!
Old 08-31-2013, 12:04 PM

Mein Auto: 528ia, X5 4.4 sports
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelgk View Post
Musa, your update/review on the product?
See this post with pictures http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=716255

So far so good and I'm very happy. The radio reception is not as good as OEM but I think I need to power up the diversity antenna cable (the thinner cable with small head). I don't listen to the radio much in any case.

To be frank I wish I'd known there was going to be an update this soon. The new one certainly looks to be better quality, at least in terms of the button updates. It perfectly matches the rest of the buttons in the car and would be hard for an untrained eye to tell the unit is not OEM. All for $17 more, duh would have totally worth the wait.

Good luck!

Last edited by musa; 08-31-2013 at 12:24 PM.