Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 08-19-2013, 01:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 E46
Alignment / Back Tire Issues

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have a 2004 E46, I've had the car since since early 2006. About a year ago I had 4 new tires put on and after 3000 miles the rear tires wore horribly on the outside. I put two new back tires on and the inside of the tires wore after 2000 miles. The dealership said the alignment was out both times and they put everything back into spec. They have no explanation why it's coming out of alignment and all they're doing is putting it back into alignment and not fixing the underlying issue.

I have to now put a 3rd pair of back tires on the car after approximately 6k miles. Does anyone have any input what could be going on? My frustration is at a boiling point with this BMW dealership.

Any suggestions / input would be greatly appreciated
Ads by Google
Old 09-01-2013, 06:44 PM

Mein Auto: 325ci
I had the same issue with my 2002 325CI. I'm on my second set of tires and so far so good. I talked to the alignment shop tech and asked about weights being put on the drivers and passenger seats. He told me it really didn't make much of a difference. I keep checking them to make sure they're ok.
Hope somebody can give you more info than me.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:55 AM

Mein Auto: 535xi Touring, E46 M3
Rear Tire Wear

I have had similar experiences with a 2002 M3. Rear trailing arm bushings were shot as was one of the rear axle carrier bushings. I was told that rear toe setting was crucial for tire wear. After an alignment and new rear tires I'm monitoring.........
Old 10-13-2013, 06:40 PM

Mein Auto: E46 M3 Slicktop CompPkg
When i purchased my car the PPI showed worn RTABS and upper rear shock mounts. Also unusual wear on the rear tires. I replaced both and rear tires are wearing evenly.
Manual Seats

V1
Borla X Pipe
Dinan 3.91
Dinan Stage 3 Suspension
K&N Filter Insert
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Cool Carbon Ceramics/Performance Friction PFC01
Michelin SS/Nitto NT01's