Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Zooks527's Avatar
Zooks527 Zooks527 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Mansfield, MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,665
Mein Auto: 2009 335i xDrive coupe
My, the toys they have these days !

Well, for one reason or another, my bottle of cyanoacrylate adhesive has gone missing, so it was time to run down to the hobby store at a local strip mall and pick one up.

Walked into the store, grabbed the medium CA, and went to the register. One of the owners of the store, a fried of mine, was manning the register, and there was a guy in front of me. While he was waiting on the customer in front, a whine started coming from out front. My friend looked at the two of us in line, said "Come on. You've got to see this!" and led us outside.

Out front, the other owner of the store was demonstrating a small ducted fan airplane, constructed of injected molded foam and perhaps 18" long with a 12" wingspan. It was making fast passes (40 - 50 mph) overhead, and doing rolls and loops. It was very cool.

As cool as it was watching the plane fly, I will confess to being an old killjoy at heart and thinking that flying a plane directly over the stores and the parking lot was kind of a stupid thing to do. I mean, think of the things that could happen. As I was thinking that, the pilot passed the plane directly between himself and the sun, lost orientation on the model, and dumped it into the ground.

Well, almost into the ground. He actually dumped it into the trailer behind his truck, whence it ricocheted into the ground and then into a conveniently placed backstop behind it.

Unfortunately, said backstop was the driver's door of my car.

Now, no one there saw the impact, as there was a line of cars between the store and my car, but the ceremonial "crash recovery" procession headed out to the point of impact and gathered around. Amazingly, everyone standing around the wreckage of the small plane managed to miss the 2"x1" scuff across the door, ending in a 1/4" depression looking for all the world like a BB shot, playfully decorated with bits of styrofoam imbedded in the paint.

Even more remarkable was the fact that the pilot was surprised I asked for his name and address (because if I can identify who damaged my parked car, there's no deductible on my comprehensive insurance policy).

And he seemed mildly put off when I refused his generous offer to have it fixed at his buddy's MAACO shop and said I'd run it to the body shop who did such a nice job fixing my car when I was rear-ended last year.

Still, it was a cool little plane.
__________________
2009 335i xDrive coupe, Jet Black, Black Leather, Grey Poplar, Steptronic, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, iPod/USB, HD radio, Parking Assist. Rear Fogs, Hardwire V1, ProFit G3.
ED May 12, 2009, Munich dropoff May 16, Redelivery June 22, 2009




Prior 33 years of cars: 1967 BelAir wagon / 1968 LeMans Tempest / 1970 Mustang Mach 1 / 1972 El Dorado / 1978 Corvette (kept until first Bronco) / 1981 Subaru GL wagon AWD / 1983 s10 Blazer 4x4 (big mistake) / 1985 Bronco 4x4 / 1996 Bronco 4x4 / 2004 Passat 4motion

Last edited by Zooks527; 08-24-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 08-24-2013, 11:45 AM
3SJetblack's Avatar
3SJetblack 3SJetblack is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Portland, OR
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 144
Mein Auto: 2011 323i
My, the toys they have these days !

Uh oh, better get MAACO. Hell no!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-24-2013, 11:46 AM
laser's Avatar
laser laser is offline
now driving number eight!
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,171
Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
Ouch, he should be a member of AMA American Modelers Assoc and carrying liability insurance!
__________________
Laser

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"
___________________________

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Blessyouboys Blessyouboys is offline
Registered User
Location: Eliot, Maine
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: 09 328xi, 31 Model A
Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
Ouch, he should be a member of AMA American Modelers Assoc and carrying liability insurance!
The AMA is the Academy of Model Aeronautics. The AMA does not insure individual members.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Zooks527's Avatar
Zooks527 Zooks527 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Mansfield, MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,665
Mein Auto: 2009 335i xDrive coupe
He is an AMA member (for that matter, so am I).

However, there's two hooks about the AMA liability insurance. First is that there's a $250 deductible for proprty damage claims (still, it's less than the $500 he'll be on the hook for if I go to my car insurer).

The bigger hook is that you need to be flying in compliance with the AMA safety code for the insurance to be in effect. High speed passes and aerobatics over a strip mall parking lot don't cut it, and I'm not about to go along with a claim that we were at an authorized field and his plane got away from the flight line.

He may be better off claiming against his business' GL coverage, or his homeowner's policy, for that matter. Six of one / half dozen of the other to me.
__________________
2009 335i xDrive coupe, Jet Black, Black Leather, Grey Poplar, Steptronic, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, iPod/USB, HD radio, Parking Assist. Rear Fogs, Hardwire V1, ProFit G3.
ED May 12, 2009, Munich dropoff May 16, Redelivery June 22, 2009




Prior 33 years of cars: 1967 BelAir wagon / 1968 LeMans Tempest / 1970 Mustang Mach 1 / 1972 El Dorado / 1978 Corvette (kept until first Bronco) / 1981 Subaru GL wagon AWD / 1983 s10 Blazer 4x4 (big mistake) / 1985 Bronco 4x4 / 1996 Bronco 4x4 / 2004 Passat 4motion

Last edited by Zooks527; 08-24-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-24-2013, 12:03 PM
pointandgo's Avatar
pointandgo pointandgo is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Los Angeles area
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,735
Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
Well, for one reason or another, my bottle of cyanoacrylate adhesive has gone missing, so it was time to run down to the hobby store at a local strip mall and pick one up.

Walked into the store, grabbed the medium CA, and went to the register. One of the owners of the store, a fried of mine, was manning the register, and there was a guy in front of me. While he was waiting on the customer in front, a whine started coming from out front. My friend looked at the two of us in line, said "Come on. You've got to see this!" and led us outside.

Out front, the other owner of the store was demonstrating a small ducted fan airplane, constructed of injected molded foam and perhaps 18" long with a 12" wingspan. It was making fast passes (40 - 50 mph) overhead, and doing rolls and loops. It was very cool.

As cool as it was watching the plane fly, I will confess to being an old killjoy at heart and thinking that flying a plane directly over the stores and the parking lot was kind of a stupid thing to do. I mean, think of the things that could happen. As I was thinking that, the pilot passed the plane directly between himself and the sun, lost orientation on the model, and dumped it into the ground.

Well, almost into the ground. He actually dumped it into the trailer behind his truck, whence it ricocheted into the ground and then into a conveniently placed backstop behind it.

Unfortunately, said backstop was the driver's door of my car.

Now, no one there saw the impact, as there was a line of cars between the store and my car, but the ceremonial "crash recovery" procession headed out to the point of impact and gathered around. Amazingly, everyone standing around the wreckage of the small plane managed to miss the 2"x1" scuff across the door, ending in a 1/4" depression looking for all the world like a BB shot, playfully decorated with bits of styrofoam imbedded in the paint.

Even more remarkable was the fact that the pilot was surprised I asked for his name and address (because if I can identify who damaged my parked car, there's no deductible on my comprehensive insurance policy).

And he seemed mildly put off when I refused his generous offer to have it fixed at his buddy's MAACO shop and said I'd run it to the body shop who did such a nice job fixing my car when I was rear-ended last year.

Still, it was a cool little plane.
You're taking this pretty well for someone who has just had an aircraft plow into their car (OK, a small one). I'd be quite annoyed at the inconvenience of the whole affair.
__________________
F30 328i
E90 328i
E92 335i 6MT
E46 M3 6MT
E39 528i 5MT
MBz W140 S320
MBz W124 300E (slammed)
(unmentionables in between)
'71 AMC Javelin (4-Spd Stick on the floor)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 'cabrio' (1st car - "the leaker")
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member: BMW CCA
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Zooks527's Avatar
Zooks527 Zooks527 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Mansfield, MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,665
Mein Auto: 2009 335i xDrive coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointandgo View Post
You're taking this pretty well for someone who has just had an aircraft plow into their car (OK, a small one). I'd be quite annoyed at the inconvenience of the whole affair.
It's a thing. It'll be fixed. I'd been looking for a reason to run it by my body guy anyway. 4 years of washes and winters have put enough swirls into the paint that wasn't replaced last year that it needs a good polish out. Our daughter's moving to Palo Alto next week and getting a new car there, so I've got her old one to use while mine's in the shop.

Now, the guy who hit it with the plane is going to have a bad day when he finds out what the deductibles are going to do to him.
__________________
2009 335i xDrive coupe, Jet Black, Black Leather, Grey Poplar, Steptronic, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, iPod/USB, HD radio, Parking Assist. Rear Fogs, Hardwire V1, ProFit G3.
ED May 12, 2009, Munich dropoff May 16, Redelivery June 22, 2009




Prior 33 years of cars: 1967 BelAir wagon / 1968 LeMans Tempest / 1970 Mustang Mach 1 / 1972 El Dorado / 1978 Corvette (kept until first Bronco) / 1981 Subaru GL wagon AWD / 1983 s10 Blazer 4x4 (big mistake) / 1985 Bronco 4x4 / 1996 Bronco 4x4 / 2004 Passat 4motion
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Kamdog's Avatar
Kamdog Kamdog is offline
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,867
Mein Auto: 2008 535i
If you car is white, he coulda just fixed it then and there with some Wite Out.
__________________

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Bemo's Avatar
Bemo Bemo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 945
Mein Auto: 2011 328xi
Zooks - your car is some kind of a strange magnet for accidents. It really is time to consider that Howitzer, make it "21 century" and retrofit with few motion detection sensors!
__________________
2011 328xi
2011 535xi GT
BMW CCA
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Nordic_Kat's Avatar
Nordic_Kat Nordic_Kat is offline
Omnia in modum
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,231
Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointandgo View Post
You're taking this pretty well for someone who has just had an aircraft plow into their car (OK, a small one). I'd be quite annoyed.
My initial reaction was, 'wow Zooks is a whole lot calmer than I would be if this were my car'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
Zooks - your car is some kind of a strange magnet for accidents.
My thoughts exactly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamdog View Post
If you car is white, he coulda just fixed it then and there with some Wite Out.
__________________
If your sport doesn't put blood, dirt or grease under your fingernails,
then it's just a game.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Zooks527's Avatar
Zooks527 Zooks527 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Mansfield, MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,665
Mein Auto: 2009 335i xDrive coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
Zooks - your car is some kind of a strange magnet for accidents. It really is time to consider that Howitzer, make it "21 century" and retrofit with few motion detection sensors!
Day 1, 8 hours after picking it up from the Welt, looking at it from the hotel dining room in Hohenschwangau while the hotel manager stood behind me saying "This is really strange. We never get hail."

But, yeah, the Phalanx would be wholly appropriate in this case.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
My initial reaction was, 'wow Zooks is a whole lot calmer than I would be if this were my car'.
They were all by my car before I realized how close they were to it. In fact, I initially walked up and said "Hey, you were just 18 inches away from me being really pissed instead of sympathetic.", took a look, and then said "Oh, wait, you were close enough."



Truth be told, had it happened without me knowing who did it, I'd be furious. But, since I can point my insurance company at the boob who did it, it's no money out of my pocket, and it lets me get the paint correction done while it's at the shop.
__________________
2009 335i xDrive coupe, Jet Black, Black Leather, Grey Poplar, Steptronic, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, iPod/USB, HD radio, Parking Assist. Rear Fogs, Hardwire V1, ProFit G3.
ED May 12, 2009, Munich dropoff May 16, Redelivery June 22, 2009




Prior 33 years of cars: 1967 BelAir wagon / 1968 LeMans Tempest / 1970 Mustang Mach 1 / 1972 El Dorado / 1978 Corvette (kept until first Bronco) / 1981 Subaru GL wagon AWD / 1983 s10 Blazer 4x4 (big mistake) / 1985 Bronco 4x4 / 1996 Bronco 4x4 / 2004 Passat 4motion

Last edited by Zooks527; 08-24-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Nordic_Kat's Avatar
Nordic_Kat Nordic_Kat is offline
Omnia in modum
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,231
Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
Day 1, 8 hours after picking it up from the Welt, looking at it from the hotel dining room in Hohenschwangau while the hotel manager stood behind me saying "This is really strange. We never get hail."

But, yeah, the Phalanx would be wholly appropriate in this case.

So another way to look at it is that with today's event you have effectively fulfilled the "rule of 3's"?
__________________
If your sport doesn't put blood, dirt or grease under your fingernails,
then it's just a game.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-25-2013, 03:00 AM
Zooks527's Avatar
Zooks527 Zooks527 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Mansfield, MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,665
Mein Auto: 2009 335i xDrive coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
So another way to look at it is that with today's event you have effectively fulfilled the "rule of 3's"?
__________________
2009 335i xDrive coupe, Jet Black, Black Leather, Grey Poplar, Steptronic, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, iPod/USB, HD radio, Parking Assist. Rear Fogs, Hardwire V1, ProFit G3.
ED May 12, 2009, Munich dropoff May 16, Redelivery June 22, 2009




Prior 33 years of cars: 1967 BelAir wagon / 1968 LeMans Tempest / 1970 Mustang Mach 1 / 1972 El Dorado / 1978 Corvette (kept until first Bronco) / 1981 Subaru GL wagon AWD / 1983 s10 Blazer 4x4 (big mistake) / 1985 Bronco 4x4 / 1996 Bronco 4x4 / 2004 Passat 4motion
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-25-2013, 06:31 AM
Zeichen311's Avatar
Zeichen311 Zeichen311 is online now
Lost but making good time
Location: Here, there or in transit
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,450
Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
Truth be told, had it happened without me knowing who did it, I'd be furious. But, since I can point my insurance company at the boob who did it, ....
I can empathize. Minor damage is annoying enough when the offender is present and accepts responsibility. As you say though, it's only a thing and can be fixed. When the boob just leaves, that infuriates me--the lack of respect for others and of personal responsibility is 10x more annoying than a minor ding or dent.

I do love how they always seem taken aback when you insist that their mistake be repaired to your standards.

Well, on the upside, pretty soon you'll have a shiny swirl-free black car in the garage...few things beat that.
__________________
2011 335xi Individual 6MT - Azurite Black Metallic / Oyster & Black / Anthracite Maple + all the good stuff

   N47 35' 30.13" E11 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA

Last edited by Zeichen311; 08-25-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-25-2013, 08:54 AM
bear-avhistory's Avatar
bear-avhistory bear-avhistory is offline
2014 435M-Sport Coupe
Location: NC - USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,018
Mein Auto: 2014 435M-Sport Coupe
The guy sounds like a real jerk flying in a parking lot, so its easy to see his response.

http://www.rd-rc.com/
AMA-9228XX
__________________
Kevin

2014 BMW 435M-Sport 8ZF
2013 BMW 135is 6MT conv JB4/ISO
2009 Ford Expedition 4X4 EL - 2009 V-Star
2003 Nissan Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ford Ranger 4X4 Splash
FFR Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Last edited by bear-avhistory; 08-25-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-25-2013, 02:26 PM
the kidd's Avatar
the kidd the kidd is offline
pay it forward
Location: boston
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 775
Mein Auto: X5 and Subaru Impreza
anytime you can use the word "whence" in a sentence, that is cool. glad no one was hurt.
__________________
2011 X5 SAV titanium silver/black/aluminum
2013 Subaru Impreza graphite gray/black replaced the 335
RIP 335i xdrive DSB/gray
RIP 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
RIP 1986 Honda Accord (involved in three car accident while pahked in the North End)
RIP 2002 Mini Cooper (90th produced)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:37 AM
Zooks527's Avatar
Zooks527 Zooks527 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Mansfield, MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,665
Mein Auto: 2009 335i xDrive coupe
Spoke to my insurance agent this morning, and the waiver of deductible only applies to collision, not comprehensive, so I have an active $500 exposure. OK, now I'm irritated.

Still, he was acting as though he was going to take care of it, and I do know where his store is if I need to go the small claims route. Did just become a bit more of a PITA in the process.
__________________
2009 335i xDrive coupe, Jet Black, Black Leather, Grey Poplar, Steptronic, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, iPod/USB, HD radio, Parking Assist. Rear Fogs, Hardwire V1, ProFit G3.
ED May 12, 2009, Munich dropoff May 16, Redelivery June 22, 2009




Prior 33 years of cars: 1967 BelAir wagon / 1968 LeMans Tempest / 1970 Mustang Mach 1 / 1972 El Dorado / 1978 Corvette (kept until first Bronco) / 1981 Subaru GL wagon AWD / 1983 s10 Blazer 4x4 (big mistake) / 1985 Bronco 4x4 / 1996 Bronco 4x4 / 2004 Passat 4motion
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 PM
birdman15 birdman15 is offline
new to BMW life
Location: Burlington
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 84
Mein Auto: 2008 328xi
try talking with the people who actually OWN the property. You said it was a strip mall? It is private property, maybe find the mall management office and see what they have to say? It can't hurt asking!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Mark K's Avatar
Mark K Mark K is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cincinnati, OH
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,926
Mein Auto: 2011 E92 335i MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
Spoke to my insurance agent this morning, and the waiver of deductible only applies to collision, not comprehensive, so I have an active $500 exposure. OK, now I'm irritated.

Still, he was acting as though he was going to take care of it, and I do know where his store is if I need to go the small claims route. Did just become a bit more of a PITA in the process.
Sorry to hear that. It was actually fun to read until this post. Good luck!
__________________

_____________________________________________

2011 E92 335i 6MT ZSP ZCW (ED May 17th 2010)

2013 118d BMWNA Special Edition. Black on black cloth (yay!), 5 door hatchback, 140hp diesel. Special edition items: factory debadge| "VW", "Golf" and "TDI" badges factory applied | MT | Standard go flat tires | Spare tire (yay!) | No moonroof (yay!) .
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-26-2013, 02:33 PM
furby076's Avatar
furby076 furby076 is online now
IntarWeb Stalker
Location: 95 Feet Under
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,936
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
So the guy who owns the store crashed it? And you think he won't pay the $500? It is frustrating, and if you have to take him to small claims he will have to pay the fee for that, but your time and his time is worth money.

He is lucky the plane didn't land on someones head.
__________________
"Booberry" -ED 2013 335xi | B45 | ZMM | ZDA |Heated Seats | HK |EBII
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-26-2013, 02:39 PM
cwinter's Avatar
cwinter cwinter is offline
Here comes trouble!
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,334
Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post

He is lucky the plane didn't land on someones head.
That's what I was thinking. Seems highly irresponsible of the owner and he should be lucky that nobody called the police. I can't image that was a legal activity. In our area we have specified zones in parks where people can fly planes, because they can certainly cause damage if improperly flown.

Hope you get the car and money situation straightened out satisfactorily. Shows that even the smallest of accidents is always a PITA.
__________________
2009 328i Sedan - Ordered: 2/24/09 .:. Delivered: 5/6/09
Jet Black | Black Dakota | Aluminum | Premium | Sport | Xenon | CA | Split Fold Seats


Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Zooks527's Avatar
Zooks527 Zooks527 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Mansfield, MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,665
Mein Auto: 2009 335i xDrive coupe
Well, I can't see a business owner not covering it. I'm not sure what his lease says, but my office lease has a bunch of "nuisance / damage" clauses that I would hate to see executed. I'm sure his is the same.

The irritation comes from my needing to get it from him, as opposed to setting the hounds from my insurance company on to him.

Regarding "Boy, that seems irresponsible.", yeah, I was at that thought before he hit my car. I've been flying models myself since the mid-70s, and I've seen what can happen when one goes south. Putting it over an active parking lot, stores, and the road next to the mall was just stupid. The high-speed passes over the cars was dumb. The straight-at-the-stores pass was idiotic.
__________________
2009 335i xDrive coupe, Jet Black, Black Leather, Grey Poplar, Steptronic, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, iPod/USB, HD radio, Parking Assist. Rear Fogs, Hardwire V1, ProFit G3.
ED May 12, 2009, Munich dropoff May 16, Redelivery June 22, 2009




Prior 33 years of cars: 1967 BelAir wagon / 1968 LeMans Tempest / 1970 Mustang Mach 1 / 1972 El Dorado / 1978 Corvette (kept until first Bronco) / 1981 Subaru GL wagon AWD / 1983 s10 Blazer 4x4 (big mistake) / 1985 Bronco 4x4 / 1996 Bronco 4x4 / 2004 Passat 4motion
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-26-2013, 03:51 PM
laser's Avatar
laser laser is offline
now driving number eight!
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,171
Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
Well, I can't see a business owner not covering it. I'm not sure what his lease says, but my office lease has a bunch of "nuisance / damage" clauses that I would hate to see executed. I'm sure his is the same.

The irritation comes from my needing to get it from him, as opposed to setting the hounds from my insurance company on to him.

Regarding "Boy, that seems irresponsible.", yeah, I was at that thought before he hit my car. I've been flying models myself since the mid-70s, and I've seen what can happen when one goes south. Putting it over an active parking lot, stores, and the road next to the mall was just stupid. The high-speed passes over the cars was dumb. The straight-at-the-stores pass was idiotic.
This, 9/11, and the current exposure of drone strikes unfortunately may doom model aviation and send this guy to another line of business where he can do less harm ..... like delivering pizza
__________________
Laser

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"
___________________________

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-26-2013, 07:40 PM
pointandgo's Avatar
pointandgo pointandgo is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Los Angeles area
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,735
Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
Well, I can't see a business owner not covering it. I'm not sure what his lease says, but my office lease has a bunch of "nuisance / damage" clauses that I would hate to see executed. I'm sure his is the same.

The irritation comes from my needing to get it from him, as opposed to setting the hounds from my insurance company on to him.

Regarding "Boy, that seems irresponsible.", yeah, I was at that thought before he hit my car. I've been flying models myself since the mid-70s, and I've seen what can happen when one goes south. Putting it over an active parking lot, stores, and the road next to the mall was just stupid. The high-speed passes over the cars was dumb. The straight-at-the-stores pass was idiotic.
Now you've go me thinking. My LA area outside target range (.22 rifle only) is right next door to an active RC "airfield" and there's hardly a weekend when we don't have a RC crash on the range (although they're not supposed to over-fly our property). Sometimes they simply lose control...and then there's our parking lot.

Some of these RC aircraft are quite large and catch on fire when they hit the ground.
__________________
F30 328i
E90 328i
E92 335i 6MT
E46 M3 6MT
E39 528i 5MT
MBz W140 S320
MBz W124 300E (slammed)
(unmentionables in between)
'71 AMC Javelin (4-Spd Stick on the floor)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 'cabrio' (1st car - "the leaker")
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member: BMW CCA
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Nordic_Kat's Avatar
Nordic_Kat Nordic_Kat is offline
Omnia in modum
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,231
Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointandgo View Post
Some of these RC aircraft are quite large and catch on fire when they hit the ground.
Are you sure the patrons at the firearms range aren't confusing them for targets if they are overflying your area??
__________________
If your sport doesn't put blood, dirt or grease under your fingernails,
then it's just a game.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms