Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-24-2013, 05:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 328i Couple
2008 328i Coupe Front Turns Signal Replacement

I've scoured the web and youtube for way too long, read the manual and this forum and have had no luck figuring out how to get access to the front turn signal bulb. I have a 2008 328i Coupe.

1. There is no removable panel in wheel well. Zero. Nada.

2. I can get access through a panel under the hood to change the xenon bulbs but the turn signal is far away from that.

3. The manual seems to mention every other bulb but this one.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Adam
Ads by Google
Old 08-25-2013, 11:11 AM

Mein Auto: 335xi Sedan twin turbo
2008 328i Coupe Front Turns Signal Replacement

That's strange. I have a 2008 335 and it has access panels in wheel well. If you don't.... Weird! You'll probably have to remove wheel well liner and wheel. PITA I know, maybe your only option.

Take off wheel, then liner has 1 10mm hex nut, the all the others are 8mm.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-25-2013, 11:14 AM

Ive gone crazy looking for this non-existent panel. I have an E92 (coupe)...maybe they didnt have room for the panel in the wheel well. Ill take a look under the liner...but taking off the wheel the change a bulb seems crazy.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 328xi E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by homec View Post
I've scoured the web and youtube for way too long, read the manual and this forum and have had no luck figuring out how to get access to the front turn signal bulb. I have a 2008 328i Coupe.

1. There is no removable panel in wheel well. Zero. Nada.

2. I can get access through a panel under the hood to change the xenon bulbs but the turn signal is far away from that.

3. The manual seems to mention every other bulb but this one.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Adam
1) Correct
2) Correct
3) Correct

I have the same car, and I just changed my turns to LEDs today (gorgeous), so I'm fresh on this. You said something there that kinda pissed me off though.

When I began researching the bulbs and procedure, the internet gave me more information than I knew what to do with. So, truthfully, you probably haven't really looked or scoured at all. This topic has been replicated a thousand times over, and documented to perfection. I don't mind a beginner or a lazy ass, I just don't like a person that lies about it.

Since I cannot recreate the overflows of information that I utilized, I will simply give you a helpful head start:

Let me google this for you using your own information you literally typed into this thread.

Your next post should contain pics of your dazzling new turn bulbs! I recommend: highperformanceblubs.com! You will love!
Old 08-25-2013, 11:00 PM

Ha! Thanks. I spent way too long scouring the web because I didnt use the term e92...something new to me on this quest (not in the manual). If you can come up with a google query that doesnt use e92 and instead uses 328i coupe and shows how to do it, I salute you. My bad for not knowing my car was e92.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 328xi E92
Well see that is more BS you're giving now. You wrote you had an e92 in the post above my first one, and in addition you said it to correct the guy with the erroneous e90 advice above that one.

As for giving you more google searches, no sir, I've already given you one enough!