Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-26-2013, 11:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 328xi
2010 E90 Comfort Access Problems???

Hello,

I just purchased a 2010 BMW 328xi and am having issues with the CA system. When I first purchased the car I was able to get in the driver's seat and simply press the brake pedal and push the Start/Stop button and my bimmer would start up. Recently that has not worked and I have to put the FOB in the little housing area to get the car to start now.

Why did it start requiring me to pull the FOB out of my pocket to start the car? Is there a way to turn this feature on and off?

Obviously this isn't a pressing issue, but I would like to know why this isn't working. I'm taking it to a dealer next weekend and will ask the same thing but figured I'd try here first.

Thanks in advance.
Ads by Google
Old 08-26-2013, 11:57 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Steve View Post
Hello,

I just purchased a 2010 BMW 328xi and am having issues with the CA system. When I first purchased the car I was able to get in the driver's seat and simply press the brake pedal and push the Start/Stop button and my bimmer would start up. Recently that has not worked and I have to put the FOB in the little housing area to get the car to start now.

Why did it start requiring me to pull the FOB out of my pocket to start the car? Is there a way to turn this feature on and off?

Obviously this isn't a pressing issue, but I would like to know why this isn't working. I'm taking it to a dealer next weekend and will ask the same thing but figured I'd try here first.

Thanks in advance.
Lots of possibilities to be found in the 'search' function.
E46 M3 6MT
E39 528i 5MT
MBz W140 S320
MBz W124 300E (slammed)
(unmentionables in between)
'71 AMC Javelin (4-Spd Stick on the floor)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 'cabrio' (1st car - "the leaker")
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member: BMW CCA
Old 08-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330xi
Could be a couple of things. It COULD be the battery in the FOB is low. BMW made it so that keys WITH CA can have their battery replaced (just pull it out and replace with a battery, they're cheap as hell), but keys WITHOUT CA, you can't really replace the battery yourself.

That being said, it could be the FOB sensor in your car (which I believe sits right behind where you insert the key) is wonky. In which case it'll be about $6-700 bucks out of pocket (not counting warranty) to replace. I remember a topic like this a while back with a similar issue. Get it checked out. But you should have a warranty either way, so nothing to really worry about (other than a few hundred bucks out of your pocket if it ends up being the sensor).
Old 08-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Replace battery. Report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 07-01-2014, 07:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 335d
Are there comfort access fuses? My keyless entry and keyless start not working. Fob has new batteries.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:24 AM
Canyon Carver

Mein Auto: 2011 E92 335is
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
Replace battery. Report back.

+1 on the battery replacement. Procedure is in the owner's manual.
My comfort access was recently wonky ... replaced the battery and all is back to normal.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Doesn't the car warn you when the battery in the fob is low?

How is keyless entry working? Normal? Or reduced range?

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 Rear Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 07-02-2014, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93
Aerial for keyfob is under the ashtray, you will need to remove the center console trim to reach it.
CA in e90 has 4 aerials, 1 under the front ashtray, 1 in center console under the center armrest, 1 in the trunk under the lining and 1 under the rear bumper. The door handles of the front doors have also internal aerials to pick up your key when you try to unlock the car. If you can lock/unlock car easily but you have problem starting the engine, it might not be the battery but one of the interior aerials failing. Go to the dealer for a dignose as any aerial problems will show up. Aerials are not very expnsive and quite easy to replace. In Europe is about 40 so i will not worry about the cost.