Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-26-2013, 01:59 PM

Mein Auto: camry
Close to getting a 2011 328i - corporate fleet vehicles ok?

I've been waiting to get a 328i for awhile now and finally decide now it is time, actually, the wifey said it ok.

I've found a couple listed from BMW's CPO search, and had a couple of questions before I head to the dealership end of this week.

-Corporate fleet vehicle versus Owner lease:
Any thoughts on whether its' ok to pick up a corporate fleet vehicle or should I stick with owner lease type?

-How do I tell if a car has been a loaner, will state "loaner" in the carfax, asking this since on the board it's been mentioned a few times to stay away from them.

I'm looking at these 3 cars, any red flags that pop up to you guys? I'm planning on getting a PPI as some of the folks on the board has suggested.

car 1

car 2

car 3

The other thing I'm keeping in mind is to be ready to walk which I'm ok with since I'm in no rushed, actually had planned to buy a few months back but worked got crazy.

Last edited by pastrami; 08-26-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 08-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Bad Lieutenant

Mein Auto: S65B40 Powered
Corp vehicles tend to have lessor option packages (strippers), whereas a previously leased vehicle will most likely have better options. I'm not clicking these links, but you can look through the various options listed and do some research.

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Schwartz/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust
Old 08-26-2013, 02:53 PM

Mein Auto: camry
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
Corp vehicles tend to have lessor option packages (strippers), whereas a previously leased vehicle will most likely have better options. I'm not clicking these links, but you can look through the various options listed and do some research.
Thanks - yeah I understand the difference in options, was thinking whether the corp vehicles are driven and abused like loaners.

The links were carfax links, everything looks good, just wondering if there were something I missed. One thing that stood out to me was that there were more service record on one of the cars versus the other, my thinking is that not all vehicle records are recorded?
Old 08-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 335i Convertible
I cannot imagine that corporate vehicles would be thrashed the same way that rental cars are. If you destroy a rental car, it's insured and you go on about your day. If you destroy a corporate car, it directly affects your job.

I'd be OK with buying a used corporate car.

Frederic