Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 650i
Missing part - M6 areo package (front)

So I have been missing a part since I've owned this car. I think the part is unique to M6's and 650's with the M6 aero package. With the aero package I have #18 front under carriage guard vs. #10 on the typical 650i from this picture.

http://static.bmwfans.info/images/epc/MTY0NDgxX3A=.png

I also have the air ducts #12 and brackets #14 from this picture.

http://static.bmwfans.info/images/epc/MTYwNTgyX3A=.png

My problem is where the right hand (Passenger side in USA, not shown in picture) bracket attaches to the car. The rear attaches directly to the frame rail. The front on mine is just floating with nothing to attach to. These pictures are all taken looking into the area directly behind the right headlight. I took the bulb access cover off my car for the pictures.

[IMG] photo 57a21676-712c-42ea-8dcb-728d8e7aa5f3_zpse47287d3.jpg[/IMG]

Now I've looked in a 645ii with no aero and it looks like this:

[IMG] photo b549ce91-314e-4041-9caa-5c6463d92c22_zpsf3349e7a.jpg[/IMG]

Notice the bracket is attached to the bolt threads that are empty on my car. Same can be found on this M6 I looked at:

[IMG] photo 20130819_153802_zpse8559da9.jpg[/IMG]

and if you zoom in on the bottom you can see the piece I'm talking about attached to a couple of things.

[IMG] photo 45be418a-8be6-4300-b5ec-761dd4001f7e_zps6c2e799d.jpg[/IMG]

So my question is: Can anybody tell me what part the aluminum bracket is that attaches to the frame rail and to my little bracket. FYI - I have been up and down the ETK and can't figure this out. I've had three different parts managers at dealerships look at it and order random parts. Nothing yet, but I do have another random piece of metal coming in today. Any help is appreciated.
HUD, Comfort Access

Advertisement
Old 08-27-2013, 01:08 PM

Delivered part was wrong again.
HUD, Comfort Access

Old 09-22-2013, 06:30 AM

I think I've finally answered this question. Part should be in on Tuesday.

I'm considering taking some pictures when I install it and making a parts list for the M6 bumper retrofit. Every search I did looking for this part came up with little more than "I need to paint /repair my bumper and I'm thinking about the M6, any help appreciated"

Problem is, now I don't think I'm done. My parts guys probably thought I was buying an M6 one bracket at a time, but I did start to realize what the original owner did and did not do. I'm sure this bracket was skipped because they couldn't figure out what it was. I had parts managers from 3 dealerships look at it, I've sent detailed emails to a half dozen BMW salvage yards and posted on boards, all with no results.

I finally decided to go page by page through the entire M6 ETK and viola, Under the: Engine/Exhaust Manifold/Emission Control Air Pump I found what must be my bracket.

http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E6...trol_air_pump/

Isn't that where you'd expect to find the piece of metal that holds on the under carriage and air lower brake air duct?
HUD, Comfort Access