Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-27-2013, 01:32 PM
taipan31 taipan31 is offline
Taipan31
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: X6M
X6M Dinan Performance Software

I have a 2014 X6M that I just had installed with the Dinan performance software. Does anybody know if there is an increase in performance after driving for a period of time, or is there simply no performance gain regardless of miles driven after installation.

Last edited by taipan31; 08-27-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 09-04-2013, 03:57 PM
5seriesHB's Avatar
5seriesHB 5seriesHB is offline
2 Bimmers R better than 1
Location: California
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,080
Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by taipan31 View Post
I have a 2014 X6M that I just had installed with the Dinan performance software. Does anybody know if there is an increase in performance after driving for a period of time, or is there simply no performance gain regardless of miles driven after installation.
Is this a real question?
Of course there a performance increase! why would you spend 3.5k if there was none
Stage 1 Performance Engine Software
+56 horsepower and +74 lb-ft of torque.

View Models $3,499.00
__________________
It will all work out in the end....and if it hasn't worked out yet, its not the end!

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps

Last edited by 5seriesHB; 09-04-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Itinj6's Avatar
Itinj6 Itinj6 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,446
Mein Auto: 2012 650i Convertible
Re: X6M Dinan Performance Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
Is this a real question?
Of course there a performance increase! why would you spend 3.5k if there was none
Stage 1 Performance Engine Software
+56 horsepower and +74 lb-ft of torque.

View Models$3,499.00
I think what he means is, if the software provides instant maximum performance upon installation or if it takes time to reach the maximum performance. I don't blame him asking this question. Dinan definitely doesn't feel like what you'd expect for the gains they advertise and the price you pay.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-04-2013, 04:44 PM
5seriesHB's Avatar
5seriesHB 5seriesHB is offline
2 Bimmers R better than 1
Location: California
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,080
Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinj6 View Post
I think what he means is, if the software provides instant maximum performance upon installation or if it takes time to reach the maximum performance. I don't blame him asking this question. Dinan definitely doesn't feel like what you'd expect for the gains they advertise and the price you pay.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using BimmerApp mobile app
I kida though that!
just busting the new guys chops!

ps Rangers won the cup on my birthday in 94...just sayin haha
__________________
It will all work out in the end....and if it hasn't worked out yet, its not the end!

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Itinj6's Avatar
Itinj6 Itinj6 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,446
Mein Auto: 2012 650i Convertible
Re: X6M Dinan Performance Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
I kida though that!
just busting the new guys chops!

ps Rangers won the cup on my birthday in 94...just sayin haha
That's awesome, I remember the riots after they won...

PS - Islanders and Rangers have the same number of Cups, but the Rangers have a 50 year head start when there were only 6 teams in the league.. just sayin, and busting your chops

Sent from my SCH-I605 using BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-04-2013, 05:53 PM
5seriesHB's Avatar
5seriesHB 5seriesHB is offline
2 Bimmers R better than 1
Location: California
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,080
Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinj6 View Post
That's awesome, I remember the riots after they won...

PS - Islanders and Rangers have the same number of Cups, but the Rangers have a 50 year head start when there were only 6 teams in the league.. just sayin, and busting your chops

Sent from my SCH-I605 using BimmerApp mobile app
All good my man
its all about the Ducks in 2014
just kidding!
haven't watched hockey in years.
__________________
It will all work out in the end....and if it hasn't worked out yet, its not the end!

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Itinj6's Avatar
Itinj6 Itinj6 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,446
Mein Auto: 2012 650i Convertible
Re: X6M Dinan Performance Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
All good my man
its all about the Ducks in 2014
just kidding!
haven't watched hockey in years.
I met Getzlaf with the Cup. He came to the rink where I play in NYC. I was always and still am a huge JS Giguere fan.

Now, to answer the OPs question, lol, I have Stage 2 on my 650. If anything, I feel the power getting worse over time. Maybe because I've grown used to it and im only going by my butt dyno, but definitely doesn't feel better. Not even a little.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-04-2013, 06:37 PM
taipan31 taipan31 is offline
Taipan31
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: X6M
You got it Itinj6, was curious if there were any gains beyond what I experienced immediately after the install. I did notice an immediate difference but expected a bit more. Since posting I have noticed a significant difference when in DS mode.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms