Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:37 PM

Mein Auto: 1985 635CSI
oil leaking from my 85 635csi

Good day all, I found a complete 1985 635csi and paid 500.00 for it. It had been sitting outsid for 10 years. The owner quit driving it beacuse of a fuel leak. I found a hole in fuel line and replaced it. It started right up and Idled like it had never been shut off. Over the next 5 weeks I have repaired or replaced all that was wrong with the car and have it running and driving. Last night I installed a universial temp guage as I do not have the one on the dash working yet and took it for a test drive. It ran 160 the whole time and I thought this was it and had hoped to drive it longer next week. To my horror when I pulled back into the garage oil was running out on the floor under the car. I jacked it up and it seems like its coming from the gasket between the oil pan and block. Do you think runing engine flush through it and then draining the oil and putting in new oil and a gasket/seal sweller will help. Any ideas? I dont want to pull the motor it runs to good and I dont want to waste what is left of the summer working on it. Thanks for the help.
Ads by Google
Old 08-29-2013, 06:19 PM

Mein Auto: jag
I would recommend you ask your question on bigcoupe.com. Great resource for older 6 series.