Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:13 AM

Mein Auto: GT 535i
Control warning - Fog Lights Failure

I just changed the stock fog lights to LED fog lights. The lights comes on nicely. However, this change introduced a control warning notice from the onboard computer.

How do I reset or clear this warning message?

Thanks very much!
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2013, 03:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
The current flow required for the stock bulbs is likely higher than the LEDs and the computer is geared to assess if they're pulling that amount of current. So, the common thing is to increase the current feeding them or lie to the computer, possibly negating any savings, but fooling the computer that the bulbs are not malfunctioning. There are lots of discussions on this and the size and type of resistor required to make the monitoring system happy.

The alternative is to buy bulbs that already have this built-in, or are closer to the stock wattage.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:44 PM

Mein Auto: GT 535i
Thanks mate. I guess I will have to do research on this. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:25 AM

Mein Auto: F07 550ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddie View Post
I just changed the stock fog lights to LED fog lights. The lights comes on nicely. However, this change introduced a control warning notice from the onboard computer.

How do I reset or clear this warning message?

Thanks very much!
LED fog lights will trigger Cam Bus errors. Yep.
Some tests in German forums told the light is not that good as the original lamps but looks better.